Super Eurobeat Vol. 172 & SEB Presents SEF Gold

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 28 Oct 2006, 13:01

After hearing full version of Black Devil i'm sure that Ray Sun is not Giancarlo, but he maybe be Matt Land.. at least he's voice sound a lot like Matt's voice.
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 29 Oct 2006, 10:34

"Promised Land" is in fact what I thought would be out as A.Gordon "Stay Tonight". AWESOME TRACK! It's a bit unstructured so it sounds strange at first, but now it's grown on me so much. Such cool melodies and sounds!

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 29 Oct 2006, 10:56

Pamsy - Once Upon A Time - 6/10
Fastway - Go Racin' Go - 7/10
Stephy Martini - Mad Desire - 9/10
Alexis - One Night In Tokyo - 7/10
Vivi - Gimme Gimme Gimme - 7/10
Lou Grant - Don't Stop The Music 06 - 7/10
Dave & Meri - I Wanna Give You My Heart - 9/10
Jungle Bill - Baby Call Me Frankenstein - 3/10
Manuel - Countdown To Destination - 5/10
Nando - Dark And Bright - 8/10
Paul Harris - Every Night - 5/10
Ray Sun - Black Devil - 7/10
Queen 26 - Keep On Loving You - 8/10
Kasanova - Love Shining - 8/10
Barbie - Para Para Girl - 4/10
Martina Dry - Get A Boom - 7/10
Lisa & Ace - Getting The Fever - 8/10
Annalise - Promised Land - 8/10

Overall a great album, with many strong tracks by most labels. I feel Jungle Bill, Manuel and Barbie are a waste of space but fortunately all the other good tracks make me forget. Dave & Meri and Stephy Martini are amazing!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 29 Oct 2006, 11:49

I haven't received the album yet, but from the tracks I've heard so far, they've been alright. In most of them, the chorus of the song is really, really good - but the rest of the song is just subpar. Like, Mad Desire and the Dave & Meri one.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 29 Oct 2006, 14:45

My GOD, Don't Stop The Music 2006 is brilliant.

Jion

Post by Jion » 29 Oct 2006, 17:39

1. Pamsy - Once Upon A Time - 4/5

The Pamsy style from Livin' In The Night mixed Melissa White percussion instruments. Introducing the percussion I feel was a wrong move seeing as it's not Pamsy style but a good song.

2. Fastway - Go Racin' Go! - 4/5

Mix Go Beat Crazy's background vocals with a hard edge version of Roly Poly Rock and you go this song. The riff is totally identical in structure to Roly Poly Rock just different notes.

3. Stephy Martini - Mad Desire - 3/5

A rock/pop inspired track with strong singing. The sabi is a little weak for my tastes. Not a terrible song but not what I would have liked.

4. Alexis - One Night In Tokyo - 4/5

Great introduction with great power brings out some of the best from Elena. Just a phenominal song. Powerful sabi that really brings out some of the best from Time.

5. Vivi - Gimme Gimme Gimme - 5/5

Much faster and follows an old school SCP and the current Blast! style while mixing in the trance from the previous release. Vivi's singing is gorgeous. Really impressed.

6. Lou Grant - Don't Stop The Music 2006 - 2/5

Not thrilled by this song. This song didn't need a remake just yet. Never was a fan of this song to begin with either. The only major change in this song is the remade sabi compared to the older release. I'm waiting for them to put Music Fever 2007 soon. I know it's already awaiting release.

7. Dave & Meri - I Wanna Give You My Heart - 4/5

Meri ditches her Norma style and shows very strong vocal work. The combination of Dave & Meri in this song I feel is much better than Dave & Nuage. Both of them really work well together.

8. Jungle Bill - Baby Call Me Frankenstein - 4/5

Love the addition of the pipe organ in this song. As a whole, the lyrics make sense. While the older synths used by HRG in other songs are used, they sometimes clash with organ. Great stuff though.

9. Manuel - Countdown To Destination - 3/5

Leonardi synths return to A-Beat C. The riff is built up using many of the styles used by Time Records. The vocals sound really strained and have a lot of effects on it. It's not a bad song but it almost seems as if A-Beat C wants to make Manuel their own version of D-Essex.

10. Nando - Dark & Bright - 2/5

I don't know if it's the speed or what but this feels more like a Dr. Love song than Nando. And while this song is fast, it still feels rather weak. Dissapointed since this is one of my favorite artists.

11. Paul Harris - Every Night - 3/5

Originally Lukator - Every Night for release by Akyrmusic. The best thing about this song is the singing which is just top notch. The music however I don't know if it fits Luca Torchiani well. If I'm not mistaken, the female singing background is Stefania. The guitar solo really enhances the total package.

12. Ray Sun - Black Devil - 5/5

Very likely that this is a brand new vocalist for A-Beat C. Sounds like a deeper Neo. The synth line is typical A-Beat C mixed with Trance effects. The lyrics aren't the best but then again I didn't expect much. The song just is full of so much power and energy. I'm very impressed.

13. Queen 26 - Keep On Loving You - 4/5

Sounds like something Clara would sing. The rapping at the beginning is just plain cool. Interesting selection of the synths for the riff. Much like the previous Queen 26 release, it ditches the disco style. The sabi is extremely cool.

14. Kasanova - Love Shining - 5/5

The only gripe I have with this song is the fact the sabi sounds like a blend of every Time song, especially Honesty by Mark Gillian. The b-melo singing (You... you are the only one) is absolutely phenominal. Giordano strikes again!

15. Barbie - ParaPara Girl - 2/5

The riff I feel is too typical of Time stuff. I love the "whooo A! Whooo A!" but was better used in Electric Love by Lisa Versach. Didn't know what to expect from this title, I just didn't expect the same thing I've heard before in other titles.

16. Martina Dry - Get A Boom - 4/5

I think they toned down the effects on the voice just a bit while going back in time to Eurobeat Flash with this song. Good riff and strong bass makes this song stand out to previous HRG female songs.

17. Lisa & Ace - Getting The Fever - 5/5

By far my favorite song on the album. The percussion style used in this song great and the synth style is gorgeous. Very powerful song however Lisa does take a backseat to Ace in this song as untypically Ace takes the majority of the singing in this song. Usually the person Ace is teaming with has more singing than him.

18. Annalise - Promised Land - 4/5

Absolute best introduction to a eurobeat song ever. Gorgeous music all around with great singing. The sabi is great too. I love this song!

Best songs

Lisa & Ace - Getting The Fever
Kasanova - Love Shining
Vivi - Gimme Gimme Gimme
Ray Sun - Black Devil

Overall Grade 3/5
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 29 Oct 2006, 18:19

Okay, here are some of my thoughts on 172. I'm gonna go by label instead of tracklist order. I'm giving out scores based on the number of songs each label had and how many songs out of those that blew me away.

SCP (4/4): This label is consistently throwing fresh new sounds out on SEB. This young, sexy label mixes in trance, eurodance, pop, and rock in their songs. I'm very impressed by every song on 172 that SCP has produced. I loved Pamsy's song although I wished there were trance elements in it. And ain't it nice to have Ace and Fastway disconnected from the hip for at least one album? I think so.

A-BEAT C (2/4): I think A-Beat C has been on a roller coaster this past year. I loved "Viva The Night", "Sun In The Rain", and "I'm Gonna Carry On" just to name a few, but there have been some stinkers like "Dance Dance Monsteru". On SEB 172, A-Beat C's production seems very 'bleh. I did love Dave and Meri singing together and Manuel's imitation of D-Essex style, but I was not impressed at all by Ray Sun or Annalise. Now...I'm a big fan of Annalise's older songs from the past and "Say Yeah", but it's if this label is 'labeling' her as the ballad woman for Eurobeat. Two words for A-BEAT C: "Ok! Alright"...that's the sort of sound I'd like to hear from her.

DELTA (4/4): Delta is using Akyr songs if I'm correct. This is the case for 171's "Rainbow" and now "Every Night". I don't think that's wrong at all. Stephy Martini has impressed me with "Mad Desire", but I still loved her eurodance/rock sensibilites on "Emotions". Nando presents us with a very angsty (almost emo) song. While the sounds didn't always match the lyrics, IMO, I liked the lyrics itself.

TIME (1/4): I know I'm gonna get crap about not liking Time, but I just simply don't. I think their productions sound shoddy 90% of the time and that they don't have the feel for Eurobeat. Now the exception to Time are the 200X remixes they produce. I don't like "Don't Stop The Music 2006" because I don't see a need to re-release the song. Initial D fan forums have been all over that song saying, it's the future of eurobeat. I disagree. I did, however, really like "Parapara Girl". Seemed like Time was trying to do a nice upbeat song. Good job on that one.

HI-NRG (1/2): This is anouther label that frustrates me in general. It seemed that after Euromach ended, HNA started losing creativity on their melodies and synths. And don't all of the female vocalists sound the same since then. I loved "Baby Call Me Frankstein". It sounded great with little sounds in the background that gave it that extra 'umph. I was not happy with "Get A Boom" because, like I said, the females get the short end of the stick. Avex needs to release "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu" by Bazooka Girl sometime soon.

TOTAL SCORE (12/16)...I'd give this album a mid-C, but there are good tracks...just some really crappy ones too.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 29 Oct 2006, 18:45

redtarzanboi wrote: 10. Nando - Dark & Bright - 2/5

I don't know if it's the speed or what but this feels more like a Dr. Love song than Nando.
perhaps thats because this is the first Nando song that Gelmetti has written, and he did most of the Dr. Love songs.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 30 Oct 2006, 02:17

Okay, I retract what I said. Ray Sun is not Giancarlo.

And Black Devil is what i've been waiting to hear from A-Beat-C productions. Finally, another nice track in the 170's that doesn't have Mr. Pasquini all over it...yeah, I'm a happy guy. 172 is alright so far with me.

Ricfiam
Eurobeat Master

Post by Ricfiam » 30 Oct 2006, 07:25

Ok, in my opinion:
Pamsy - Once Upon A Time - 4/5
Fastway - Go Racin' Go - 5/5 + a * king of this album
Stephy Martini - Mad Desire - 3/5
Alexis - One Night In Tokyo - 3/5
Vivi - Gimme Gimme Gimme - 4/5
Lou Grant - Don't Stop The Music 06 - 5/5
Dave & Meri - I Wanna Give You My Heart - 3/5
Jungle Bill - Baby Call Me Frankenstein - 5/5
Manuel - Countdown To Destination - 5/5 - best sounds on album (fat bass)
Nando - Dark And Bright - 4/5
Paul Harris - Every Night - 4/5
Ray Sun - Black Devil - 3/5
Queen 26 - Keep On Loving You - 5/5
Kasanova - Love Shining - 3/5
Barbie - Para Para Girl - 4/5
Martina Dry - Get A Boom - 4/5
Lisa & Ace - Getting The Fever - 5/5 - most missed artist (Lisa)
Annalise - Promised Land - 4/5

So, more better album than 171 was.
I've waitin a little bit more from Pamsy.
Fastway is the best song on this album, powerful, fast, cool - that's what I like!
Don't stop the music was my favorite in the past, I think Time should make this kind of songs nowdays too! Davide rulz!
I love the chorus in Jungle Bill, overall I'm a HRG-male freak!
Manuel has always what I like in Delta songs - fat bass, full of energy, make me dance always!
Paul Harris give us a very happy 4 min, an easy song, I like it.
Ray Sun - maybe next time will be better.
Queen 26 is just perfect now.
Martina Dry - finally a cool HRG female. Keep on...
Lisa & Ace - Ohh, Lisa Lion drives me crazy every time, c'mon Lisa show us a new song from you!
Annalise now more listenable than the previous. An interesting sounds inside, what is good.
...I remember that time...
D I A B O L I K

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Oct 2006, 07:30

para_rigby wrote:
I know I'm gonna get crap about not liking Time
I'd like to be the first to kick the crap out of you!
Just Kidding. You left yourself wide open for that one. Anyway that's your opinion. I'm just glad to know that the majority of Eurobeat fans think otherwise.

that they don't have the feel for Eurobeat
Um What? Can someone say "Heartbreaker" One of the original huge hits that put Eurobeat on Japanese maps.

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 30 Oct 2006, 08:18

One of the main reasons I dislike Time nowadays is that they were so good in the early 90s - a big contrast with today's songs in my opinion. However, the songs on SEB 172 are quite okay imo!

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 31 Oct 2006, 00:20

para_rigby wrote: I know I'm gonna get crap about not liking Time...
Concrete galoshes for you, mister.

Nah, I'm just kidding.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 31 Oct 2006, 10:21

Okay, I should qualify my dislike for TIME. I do love old school TIME with artists like Lisa Johnson and Atrium. I do, however, dislike most of their songs from the 130s and on up.

I do love a couple of their more recent songs like "John and Mary Dance" and "Don't You Break My Heart Tonight"

MarkIventi
Eurobeat Boom

Post by MarkIventi » 02 Nov 2006, 22:46

Wow, such a good album, and only a handful of reviews...
Everybody died all of a sudden? That's not helpful for the scene! ;)