Super Eurobeat 175

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 02 Mar 2007, 04:57

I think I would like Rain a lot more if the chorus was a bit less repetitive.

SirSlugma
Euro To B

Post by SirSlugma » 02 Mar 2007, 05:01

Rain kind of bored me, also. I thought the chorus left a lot to be desired.

I have to say I don't entirely hate the Domino track, which takes me by surprise. The very Domino-y parts are still annoying to me, but the intro is actually pretty damn awesome.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Mar 2007, 09:32

redtarzanboi wrote:
the_ditz wrote:Furious Pistol - by no means original, but this just reinforces what I've known for a while. Jeff Driller is the best male alias that Hi NRG Attack has, so it's time than Franz Tornado moved aside and gave his crown to this nutter!
But Mr. Franz Tornado does the vocals for Jeff Driller as well hehe ^_^
Indeed, but what I'm trying to say is that the Franz Tornado alias is sounding a lot more tired than the Jeff Driller one, so it's time he was given the "leading role" if you like ;)

And Bore - Stop Teasing My Heart is miles better than Rain ;)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Mar 2007, 09:52

I agree, Rain is pretty repetitive in the chorus plus I hate those synths that seem to have that god forbidden "trans" style to them :x (I'll take my Helena track any day over that one) DELTA seems to go up & down in production value. They put out some awesome trax like "Mira La Luna", "Shy Gun" "Toy Boy""Boogie Boogie", but they also throw at us some pretty boreing snore fests now & then.

In order of quality(For me) I rate the labels in following order:
1. TIME(all 4 songs)
2. HRG Attack(Both songs)
3. DELTA(Running Ninja, You Light My Fire)
4. ABEATC(Rock Me, With Your Photograph, Red Core)
5. SCP(Future Land)
I like a totle of 12 songs out of 18
the rest of the songs were iether too happy, too fast or too crappy) That makes this cd a big success! :D

Jion

Post by Jion » 02 Mar 2007, 13:31

Note: I'm doing my review based on the extended tracks so I might mention something that wasn't on the CD edits in my review.

Ace - Futureland

Easily one of Ace's best songs in quite a while. The song starts off with I believe Stefano talking as if he was in mission control and quickly propels into a dynamic and powerful track. The way the bass and drums are set up are very similar to Drivin' Crazy yet the synths, effects and vocal quality are much more complex and interesting than said song. I'm always amazed by how Ace is able to blend his voice at three levels (low pitch, normal singing, and high pitch) into one cohesive and powerful unit. Amazing sound, amazing spacial effects and when it slows down at around the 3:18 point you can really hear the guitars meld with the song. Very beautiful.

5/5

Annalise - With Your Photograph

The beginning reminds me of many earlier A-Beat C titles however it never really gets together well enough. Shame because the rest of the song is gorgeous. Annerley Gordon's voice has matured quite a great deal and it's such a treat to hear how well it's able to be conveyed in many different ways over the years. It just culminates here in a great way. The synths in the sabi are slightly different and heavily modified from your typical A-Beat C song. Great clean singing from Annerley though the lyrics aren't as good as I expect from an Annerley song. Of interesting note is the fact that Meri Nesser is credited in writing this song.

4/5

Kevin Johnson - You Light My Fire

Ahhhh the dance styling of Kevin Johnson back after so long. The singer is obviously Davide Budresi but theres a slight difference in his singing than usual. I'm not sure if they added an effect or if he's singing it slightly different but the overall feeling is a change in his voice. The soft and smooth sound is typical of this title and reminds me a lot of a sped up Rick Astley song. When you hear the deep voice speaking the B-Melo (Around the 2:56 mark), it really rounds out the whole package of this song. Great sounds and great harmony.

4/5

Lolita - Stop The Time Tonight

Most of Lolita's current songs have been slightly melo and not so powerful however this song from Go Go's Music is a change back to the more fast and powerful style I'm used to from this title. The trancey SCP style effects are used in this song. I would call this the A-Beat C/SCP hybrid style. I'm honestly surprised at the overall speed of this song which I'm still debating on whether or not is a good or bad thing. I can't deny however that this is one of the best vocal performances from Elena that I've heard in a long while. I listen to this song and I'm almost brought back to the 140's era. The bass and the drum are really pushed forward which is a plus in my book. In the end, while I'm not a huge fan of the speed, the entire package is a plus and any negatives I have are pushed to the side by the quality of this project.

4/5

Mega NRG Man feat. Kiko Loureiro - Rock Me

Of particular notice is the emphasis on guitar that I haven't heard in a Mega NRG Man title in so long. The entire sound is so powerful and energetic. I love how they paired Mega NRG Man's voice with a female vocalist again (very similar how they used to do so with Gino Caria) which seems to work very well for him. But his voice blends even more with Kiko's strong guitar work which might not be as amazing as his work with Angra but trust me, this is one guitar you won't get out of your head easily. The guitar solo is king and powerful. The sabi's never get old and you're left flat on your back especially if you're expecting the Sinclaire style from recent Mega NRG Man titles. This is Mega NRG Man back doing what he does best... ROCKIN'!

5/5

Vanity - Take A Look In My Heart

I really wanted to hear this title after hearing it's sample. I love the little effects they put in this remake of the classic Jilly song. Now I'm slightly torn again because of the speed but the vocal work on this song and the random effects (HERE WE GO!) really pull me into this song as a totally new entity. What I love about this remake is the fact that while it's a remake, it feels like something totally new which is what I've been missing from most of the remakes. Thats why I fell in love with Ding A Ling 2006 and My World 2006 and why titles such as Maharaja Night 2006 and Don't Stop The Music 2006 didn't hit me as good as the other remakes, they really didn't distinguish themselves as offering something totally new. Every TIME I listen to this remake, I keep bobbing my head in sync with the beat. The ending of the song closes the whole package in a visceral way that leaves everyone satisfied. Such a good song!

5/5

Domino - Go Go Where You Wanna Go Go

When I started playing this song, I was impressed by the power of the beginning with the drum mostly seen from rock bands. That kick drum is tight and sick which is goes through the entire song. The sabi is awesome and powerful however I'm disappointed by the lyrics as they aren't as good I had expected from this title. They're not terrible but they almost seem mashed together. What is awesome is hearing Domino sing during the sabi which is showing a trend I've seen a lot recently. What I love especially is around the 2:46 mark the semi rap with the guys and girls and they do the countdown again. A very happy and energetic title with just slight lyric troubles that keep it from being a 5/5 song.

4.5/5

Franz Tornado & Mad Cow Orchestra - Moo Moo Dollars

What a powerful song with a maddening feeling, almost as if Doctor Jekyll was singing it himself. Now since I downloaded the song I don't have the lyrics in front of me but I'm pretty sure he mentioned milk and cows in the b-melo. Insanity... Anyway the music is strong and powerful as most HRG songs and the new style that HRG has been using as of late is really apparent. My favorite effect this song uses is after the 'HA AH AH AH AH' from the end of the chorus, theres a 'YEAH!' from the Federico and the female accompanying singer. The way it blends into the sabi is just plain cool. Impressive though the lyrics are absolutely crazy.

4/5

Kiki & Fancy - Tuttifruti Lollipop

This is probably one of the most listened to songs (with another song mentioned later) on this CD when it comes to me. From beginning to end, it's just so catchy and powerful which isn't seen much by most female singers (though as of late the trend has shown a great deal of powerful female singing). I find myself singing the chorus every time it comes up. Imagine yourself sitting in your car next to me in mine with this song blaring out of my car speakers. If you live in NJ, you'd probably see this somehow but I digress. The lyrics are silly but there is a natural progression with it unlike the previous two songs. It's so happy, bubbly and energetic. Get a nice Tuttifruiti Lollipop! (That sounds perverted though... maybe I should delete that...)

5/5

Energy Man - Bad Bad Bad

NOW I'M CRAZY! Picture two things, the blending of old school rock and roll with Boom Boom Fire and you got a good idea of how this title works. The energy and power this song has is amazing. I definitely had this song repeating for a while. To me it was amazing that a song following the treat that was Tuttifruti Lollipop was able to keep up with that energy. The sabi is so killer and awesome that I find myself trying humming just that. The way they have the 'BAD BAD BAD' in the chorus is awesome. Giordano's best song in such a long while and Time's best song in a long while. This plus Vanity's remake are the highlight of the year for Time.

5/5

Pamsy - My Universe

I honestly didn't know what to expect for this title. The previous song sounded like they ripped it off Melissa White so I had thought they might do that again however unlike most Pamsy titles, the trance effect doesn't take hold in sabi but the a-melo. The bass slows off in the a-melo as it goes into the b-melo full force. The singing is strong and powerful and the sabi comes back and hits you with a great feeling of power and trance styling. The a-melo is filled with slight spacial effects that really show off the spacial effects that SCP seems to be employing. While most labels are trying something totally new, SCP seems to be working on the small details that really bring out the best of each title. Whats really interesting in this song is after the second time the chorus is repeated, the song continues it's strong beat and Pamsy sings 'Your my universe' in a very subtle and soft way that really sends shivers up your spine. Such an awesome song.

5/5

Jeff Driller - Furious Pistol

I haven't heard this title from Super GT 2006 ~Second Round~ so I didn't know what to expect. This title sounds like a mix of the Eurobeat Flash drum style HRG had mixed with Euromach and current HRG synth stylings. I love the sabi with it's never ending supply of energy and power but the rest of the song just doesn't have the power of the chorus and the sabi. The a-melo/c-melo and b-melo do not have the power of the rest of the song. Not a bad title but just not as great and as energetic as I would have liked.

3.5/5

Helena - Night Harmony

Time and time again, I've mentioned on how Time has the best introductions in any song out there. My biggest gripe with this title is how much it sounds like every other Helena song out there. There's almost nothing new to this song. The trancey echo of the sabi is interesting and the guitar synths used during the a-melo accompanying her voice for a slight moment is absolutely gorgeous. It definitely sounds like it belongs in an opera. The additional melo after the second time the chorus is repeated is a very nice touch. Not a horrible song at all but it just sounds like the same from Helena. But I'm definitely seeing some improvement in the Helena project. The piano solo at around the 4:12 mark is absolutely gorgeous and clean and crisp.

3.5/5

Jock Lee - Rock & Roll Is My Life

I've been waiting for another song from Lorenzo Campani for so long. However I didn't expect this disappointment. The song just doesn't seem to capture his voice like did with Sexy Guy, Hold On To Love, Shock, or River Of Your Heart. The sabi is very crazy and while the song as a whole follows the rock and roll theme, it doesn't really feel like it goes anywhere well. I was disappointed but met with eagerness for another Lorenzo song in the future. Just not my cup of tea unfortunately.

2/5

Melissa White - Starry Sky

Melissa's voice is gorgeous but it seems as if they've taken her out of her element and gone back to a semi trance style. Personally I think that Melissa does much better in the disco styling of Switch! and Wanna Be With You rather than the trancebeat that Pamsy is more well known for. As a whole the song isn't terrible at all. In fact it's very well done and clean and smooth. The soft effects of the song are accompanied by strong sabi synths that work well together, but just don't fit Melissa White's voice extremely well. While I love the song, I just feel that it would have done better with another vocalist.

4/5

Eurofunk - Running Ninja

Such energy and power from a Eurofunk title. Almost seems like it would fit Maximum Power well. I'm pretty sure that Davide is singing but at times I feel like I can hear Luca Torchiani in the background. I love how most of Newfield's fast title have simple yet very strong sabi's. That's what draws me so much into them. The Japanese flute effects through the song just add to such a strong and intense song that it's a blast to hear it again and again. The synths sound like something out of Tenchu and add to the Japanese feeling of this song. Such a powerhouse. CAUSE I'M YOUR NINJA BOY!

5/5

Cherry - Rain

Quite frankly, this is my favorite Cherry title ever. I was never a huge fan of Yesterday and my favorite Cherry title was Euroheat and Stop Teasing My Heart. After hearing this song however, everything else was pushed aside. Out comes this trance/eurobeat powerhouse that showcases Clara's vocals beautifully especially with that killer sabi and absolutely amazing chorus. The "woah oh" and "oh oh oh" in the background of the chorus really add to the title. I know this is a cover of a song but I've never heard the original. (Edit this is a cover of Rain by The Cult) The song is just packed with so much energy and power. I was so enthralled with the promo that this just took my breath away. I'm happy with the results. A Newfield & Moroni production done right!

5/5

Dave Rodgers feat. Stef Burns - Red Core

I don't understand much about giving someone the red core but this song has a very long sabi. The synths really compliment Stef Burns' guitar. The lyrics are weak as heck which is what brings this awesome song down. It almost sounds like it belongs in Initial D. I'm amazed that the extended version of this song is more than 6 minutes long though I attribute that length to the double long sabi. The song is old school A-Beat C which isn't a bad thing at all but the lyrics bring it down a notch.

4.5/5

Overall Grade 4.5/5

The only weaknesses in this solid gold CD are Helena, Jock Lee and Jeff Driller. Other than that, the other songs earned at least a 4/5 in my opinion. The biggest gems are

Ace - Futureland
Mega NRG Man feat. Kiko Loureiro - Rock Me
Vanity - Take A Look In My Heart
Kiki & Fancy - Tuttifrutti Lollipop
Energy Man - Bad Bad Bad
Pamsy - My Universe
Eurofunk - Running Ninja
Cherry - Rain

The fact that I felt so compelled to give 8 songs a 5 out of 5 shows you the quality of this CD. Absolutely amazing album with so much to offer. The best of the 170's so far.
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 02 Mar 2007, 18:19

I really like "Rock Me" - the heavy guitars and incorporated synths make it great! "Go Go Where You Wanna Go Go" surprised me a bit, since I wasn't too fond of the sample. After I listened to it twice all the way through, I came to the conclusion it was quite a good. I await more from GO GO's Music. :D

I expected a bit more from "Futureland"... still a good song, so don't get me wrong, but I certainly expected more. Same goes for "Running Ninja" - good song, without a doubt, just expected a little something more from it.

I'm still undecided on the rest of the songs. haha
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 02 Mar 2007, 20:41

YES! I come back from a shitty day at work and see that I got the new SEB Album! Cant wait to dive into this supposedly awesome album.

I'll post a review up later.
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 02 Mar 2007, 22:39

Eurofunk is most definately Davide this time :idea:

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 03 Mar 2007, 02:48

and Luca is repeating "ninja" ......."ninja"......:lol:

[Edit]Aargh It wasn't Luca, but Matteo Rizzi's voice according to Laurent... :shock:
Last edited by oresama-chan on 04 Mar 2007, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Jion

Post by Jion » 03 Mar 2007, 04:13

Then I was right on both counts! Hehehe I rule

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Mar 2007, 05:48

Great review redtarzanboi! I only disagree with Jock Lee. I think that is Jock Lees best song to date. Not including Stylophones.

Now I wish someone out there would put out a song called "Eurobeat Is My Life" :D

Jion

Post by Jion » 03 Mar 2007, 05:55

drnrg wrote:Great review redtarzanboi! I only disagree with Jock Lee. I think that is Jock Lees best song to date. Not including Stylophones.

Now I wish someone out there would put out a song called "Eurobeat Is My Life" :D
My fav Lorenzo Campani song is River Of Your Heart and Mystic Love. Thats the awesomeness I really expected but then again, those songs are classics. Time really did amazing this CD. Energy Man and Vanity were flawless.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 03 Mar 2007, 07:21

I wanted to review the CD too, I got it recently and gave it a good listen. Though, I don't have time to do a write up for all the songs so I'll just give a "x/5" thing and do a small write up at the end.

1. Ace / Futureland - 4/5
2. Annalise / With Your Photograph - 2/5
3. Kevin Johnson / You Light My Fire - 4/5
4. Lolita / Stop The Time Tonight - 5/5
5. Mega NRG Man feat Kiko Loureiro - 5/5
6. Vanity / Take A Look In My Heart - 5/5
7. Domino / Go Go Where You Wanna Go Go - 5/5
8. Franz Tornado & Mad Cow Orchestra / Moo Moo Dollars - 1.5/5
9. Kiki & Fancy / Tuttifrutti Lollipop - 5/5
10. Energy Man / Bad Bad - 5/5
11. Pamsy / My Universe - 3/5
12. Jeff Driller / Furious Pistol - 2/5
13. Helena / Night Harmony - 3/5
14. Jock Lee / Rock And Roll Is My Life - 3/5
15. Melissa White / Starry Sky - 3/5
16. Eurofunk / Running Ninja - 3/5
17. Cherry / Rain - 5/5
18. Dave Rodgers feat. Stef Burns / Red Core - 3.5/5

Pros:
- Go Gos Music's Tracks are excellent quality.
- A big surprise from Kiki & Fancy, Cherry and "Vanity."
- Overall great tracks on one CD, it's unusal that I like more than 3 songs enough to give 5/5 lately.
- A Domino song after 1 year and a month! It was worth the wait :)
- TIME songs I love! I was pleasantly surprised!

Cons:
- ABeatC lacking to my ears (from now on, I'm seperating ABeatC with Go Gos Music. haha..)
- BIG disappointment with High NRG Attack... :(
- SCP's tracks... aside Tuttifrutti Lollipop I didn't enjoy..

Top 5:
1. Domino / Go Go Where You Wanna Go Go
2. Mega NRG Man feat. Kiko Loureiro / Rock Me
3. Lolita / Stop The Time Tonight
4. Kiki & Fancy / Tuttifrutti Lollipop
5. Cherry / Rain

Bottom 5:
1. Franz Tornado & Mad Cow Orchestra / Moo Moo Dollars
2. Jeff Driller / Furious Pistol
3. Annalise / With Your Photograph
4. Jock Lee / Rock And Roll Is My Life
5. Eurofunk / Running Ninja

CD Overall... 4.5/5

:)

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 04 Mar 2007, 01:01

After listening to the album a bit, these are my favourites (bolded are the highlights).

Futureland / Ace
Stop The Time Tonight / Lolita
Rock Me / Mega NRG Man Feat. Kiko Loureiro
Go Go Where You Wanna Go Go / Domino
Take A Look In My Heart / Vanity
Moo Moo Dollars / Franz Tornado And Mad Cow Orchestra
Tittifruitti Lollipop / Kiki & Fancy
Bad Bad Bad / Energy Man
Running Ninja / Eurofunk
Rain / Cherry

The 2nd CD isn't half bad either :P

Rock Me and Bad Bad Bad are definately the best overall for me on this album :)

Can't wait for 176... remix cd TIME!!

Schiznik
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Schiznik » 04 Mar 2007, 08:12

nine wrote:Bottom 5:
1. Franz Tornado & Mad Cow Orchestra / Moo Moo Dollars
2. Jeff Driller / Furious Pistol
3. Annalise / With Your Photograph
4. Jock Lee / Rock And Roll Is My Life
5. Eurofunk / Running Ninja

CD Overall... 4.5/5

:)
BOOOO! :P Best song on the Album, and best Delta production in a while, IMO of course.

Great intro, kicking beat, awesome bassline. Love this song, can't get enough of it. Also, I swear it's Davide singing... But meh, still great eitherway.

"Don't hurry, don't worry, I'm the only Tokyo Man. Don't hurry, don't worry... and I wanna make you pay!!.."
~Forget the bus, take the Express Love!~