Super Eurobeat 212

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 08 Mar 2011, 17:02

para_rigby wrote:My one and only complaint with Sinclaire's new production is that the vocals get drowned out by the music. You know how long it took me to figure out what was being sung in "Toy For Love" and "Kiss My Boo Boo"? FOREVER. It wasn't ever a real problem when he worked at Delta.
I've a similar complaint, though he seems to be able to tune it down for the guys. I like his compositions, sure, but... he keeps tossing his girls (or just Roberta, I think) into large tunnels when he records! Turn the Reverb down a drop and we've got ourselves a FAR better result, I'd think.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 09 Mar 2011, 04:29

zoupzuop2 wrote:
para_rigby wrote:My one and only complaint with Sinclaire's new production is that the vocals get drowned out by the music. You know how long it took me to figure out what was being sung in "Toy For Love" and "Kiss My Boo Boo"? FOREVER. It wasn't ever a real problem when he worked at Delta.
I've a similar complaint, though he seems to be able to tune it down for the guys. I like his compositions, sure, but... he keeps tossing his girls (or just Roberta, I think) into large tunnels when he records! Turn the Reverb down a drop and we've got ourselves a FAR better result, I'd think.
I think you have it there! I love his songs alot, but when the reverb is so high, it makes things a bit harder to understand. Maybe he'll see this in the future...some positive criticism for him :D

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 09 Mar 2011, 10:37

DarkSky
(except for Dr.NRG who probably doesn't mind to have a full disc of TIME tracks only).
Especially if it's unreleased material. Mainly from Fabio Venturini

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 09 Mar 2011, 10:43

para_rigby wrote:
zoupzuop2 wrote:
I think you have it there! I love his songs alot, but when the reverb is so high, it makes things a bit harder to understand. Maybe he'll see this in the future...some positive criticism for him :D
A million times yes! The vocal production on female tracks at SinclaireStyle is just awful, and it's one of the main reasons that I will nearly always skip those tracks. I don't understand why the male tracks don't suffer from the same level of irritating reverb or poor mastering that the female-led tracks do.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 09 Mar 2011, 23:47

BTW, I should mention that Crazy Diamond gets my Most Beutifull Sound And Arrangement Award for SEB 212..!!!...

Fantastic song and style..!!....
This is what eurobeat should sound like..!

Absolute winner for macho side... + just a top tune all around..!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 10 Mar 2011, 02:53

I doubt the issue with the tracks at SinclaireStyle is much of a technological issue as much as it is a preference in the case of both fans and the producer. Sinclaire has liked that airyness to his tracks and it has worked for him, but it seems a lot of fans here in the west don't enjoy it as much. If you've listened to Sinclaire's tracks over the years, he's always had that (Very apparent with his A-Beat C stuff). I doubt it has anything to do with them recording in the different room. There have been tracks on SEB that have been recorded using Skype and no one would know the wiser. Again, I just think it's a preference of his. With this song, I honestly believe it didn't fit Roberta well and that it was too fast. I want to see him do more stuff in the style of "Move On Now Baby" which was fantastic.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 10 Mar 2011, 05:49

So after listening to the album fully instead of looping a couple tracks over, I believe its the best one in a long while. There were not outright bad songs this time but some I won't have no desire to listen to again constantly. Dima surprised with me with 2 of his tracks considering he wasn't my favorite in the 200s. Especially Music...I was not expecting it to be all around perfect considering I hated the sample. Best song on the album considering it was on a CD with Virginelle, Yo Shine, Ace, and Go Go Girls especially. Sex Killer has to be one of my favorite GGG tracks.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Mar 2011, 08:04

Vadim
BTW, I should mention that Crazy Diamond gets my Most Beutifull Sound And Arrangement Award for SEB 212..!!!...

Fantastic song and style..!!....
This is what eurobeat should sound like..!

Absolute winner for macho side... + just a top tune all around..!
I'll add that that particular song breaks all TIME barriers. It would sound just as pertfect side by side with something from Brian Ice or Ricky Maltese in the 80s as it does now.