Jager - The Official Website

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 12 Nov 2010, 15:24

:o :o :o

Stay Away From Me Tonight is essentially What D'you Want From Me with a different, crappier chorus, at least that's what I hear from the samples. The Lady J V version is ... a rock version of that.

I think I'll pass up on this one ...

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 12 Nov 2010, 15:54

Ok I listened to the Lady J version... good pop song. Very good..

What I so like about this Jager project, is that it shows the versatility of Eurobeat artists.. :)

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 12 Nov 2010, 17:50

The Lady J version is more like a... Lady Gaga version. Very well done, but not to a lot of people's tastes here.

I haven't had a chance to get the 209 songs yet, so I can't really speak for similarities with that one.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Nov 2010, 21:26

Mikaeru wrote:The Lady J version is more like a... Lady Gaga version. Very well done, but not to a lot of people's tastes here.

I haven't had a chance to get the 209 songs yet, so I can't really speak for similarities with that one.
It's just ridiculous!!! Why anyone would buy this song after buying What D'You Want From Me is beyond me. The whole song (apart from the first few lines in the chorus) is exactly the same. Same melody, same lyrics - you can even hear the cut-and-paste job in the chorus.

I'm sorry, but I think this is disgusting and blatant profiteering from SCP. I strongly urge people to ignore this release and not to buy it. I won't be visiting that site again until we are given completely new songs - and by new, I don't mean lazily alter a few lines of the lyrics.

I'm never been so disgusted by something on this forum in all my time here!!! Honestly, my blood is boiling!!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 12 Nov 2010, 22:41

Ditz chill... Stay Away From Me is probably the original version they were going with (or like the Saturday Night Remix of the "Friday Night Remix" of What D'You Want From Me) and they gave the people the choice. I think the Stay Away From Me chorus fits the Lady J version while the What D'You chorus fits the euro. I like both.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Nov 2010, 22:47

thejti wrote:Ditz chill... Stay Away From Me is probably the original version they were going with (or like the Saturday Night Remix of the "Friday Night Remix" of What D'You Want From Me) and they gave the people the choice. I think the Stay Away From Me chorus fits the Lady J version while the What D'You chorus fits the euro. I like both.
If that's the case, they need to say that. Instead, the site's all like "hey, check out this awesome new single called "Stay Away From Me"... which is in fact almost identical to my song from SEB 209. But please still buy it from iTunes k thx bye" - thank god for 30 second samples, that's all I can say.

I don't like people trying to pull the wool over my eyes, and that's clearly what's happening here.

I'm sorry - this is completely unlike me to be as full-on with a reaction to something, but I feel it's justified in this case... :???:

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 13 Nov 2010, 02:12

Darn! I was really looking forward to a groundbreaking third track by Cordioli at SCP! :(

This reminds me a whole lot of Christine's Let Me Be Your Angel, which was basically a direct copy-&-paste job of To Be Your Angel, except that the synth had none of the sprightliness of the original, nor was the chorus nearly as memorable.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 13 Nov 2010, 03:42

the_ditz wrote:
thejti wrote:Ditz chill... Stay Away From Me is probably the original version they were going with (or like the Saturday Night Remix of the "Friday Night Remix" of What D'You Want From Me) and they gave the people the choice.
If that's the case, they need to say that. Instead, the site's all like "hey, check out this awesome new single called "Stay Away From Me"... which is in fact almost identical to my song from SEB 209. But please still buy it from iTunes k thx bye" - thank god for 30 second samples, that's all I can say.

I don't like people trying to pull the wool over my eyes, and that's clearly what's happening here.

I'm sorry - this is completely unlike me to be as full-on with a reaction to something, but I feel it's justified in this case...
It's called marketing.

You have to realize the majority of the people that will most likely purchase this aren't hardcore Eurobeat listeners like you or I. :P

I highly doubt anyone's trying to screw over anyone here.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 13 Nov 2010, 04:41

Record labels (not just Eurobeat) often have slightly altered versions of the same song. The original Whatdaya Want From Me by Adam Lambert was originally sung by P!nk but never released until recently on a best of album or something like that. There are also demo versions of songs and original versions that have COMPLETELY different choruses but the same exact song. I remember reading somewhere that the original Bananarama song, I Want You Back, had a different chorus and different title despite the rest of the song being the same. In Eurobeat, all you have to do is go back to SEB 159 with Motto-Motto Inamotto. As for feeling like you're being fleeced, you don't have to buy this song lol... You get to hear the sample and the site did say that they were going to release B-Sides. You may prefer that they're free as the song is another version of What D'You Want From Me but I'm sure Avex did limit that a little bit. Besides purchasing it (should you chose to do so) gives it straight to SCP (and Apple for the distribution =P).

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Nov 2010, 05:17

thejti
Record labels (not just Eurobeat) often have slightly altered versions of the same song. The original Whatdaya Want From Me by Adam Lambert was originally sung by P!nk but never released until recently on a best of album or something like that.
Interesting fact. I actually think that Adam Lambert song is well written.

thejti
That's a big stretch lol... What makes you think that?
whats funnier is that I don't recall that comment, but it was probobly due to the titles.

Anyway after seeing names like Lady Gaga and Lady J on this thread, I'll think I'll pass on the whole Jager project.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 13 Nov 2010, 09:53

Stay Away From Me > What'dya Want From Me

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 13 Nov 2010, 16:59

I don't really like What D'ya Want From Me in the first place, honestly. It has a lot of interesting quirks, but somehow none of them fit together coherently. It sounds like it's trying to set a deeper, more emotional tone, but the production is pretty ineffective. Most of the emphasis is put on the heavily-compressed beat, not on the necessary synth elements nececssary to project the key vocal melody. It suffers a major personality disorder in that it sounds too much like repetitive hard trace when it's trying to pass as a contemporary pop dance song. Stay Away From Me's chorus flows a little better, but still it's brought down by the same problems for me.

Torizenon
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Torizenon » 14 Nov 2010, 00:57

The really fans of jager are very grateful with this 2 versions of the same song, I bought super eurobeat 209, and stay away from me on i-tunes, and is a gift to have 2 versions of this awesome track, I am a fan of Jager and I am delighted!!!

I hope all my favourite super eurobeat perfomances will do the same!!!!

Jager is great!!!

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 14 Nov 2010, 01:12

Torizenon wrote:The really fans of jager are very grateful with this 2 versions of the same song, I bought super eurobeat 209, and stay away from me on i-tunes, and is a gift to have 2 versions of this awesome track, I am a fan of Jager and I am delighted!!!

I hope all my favourite super eurobeat perfomances will do the same!!!!

Jager is great!!!
I agree! Both versions are great. I prefer the chorus of What D'You Want From Me for the Eurobeat version and the Stay Away From Me for the pop version.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 14 Nov 2010, 06:11

WNight wrote::o :o :o

Stay Away From Me Tonight is essentially What D'you Want From Me with a different, crappier chorus, at least that's what I hear from the samples. The Lady J V version is ... a rock version of that.

I think I'll pass up on this one ...
This reminds me of when Delta did Go Say Goal and Go Save Goal...essentially the same song but with lyrical changes.