Super Eurobeat 187

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 May 2008, 03:11

Yeah, but he was off and on the credits. He mainly stuck to Chris & Ciao Ciao songs. Now that I checked some of the vinyls, I realized he was way more active at TIME when compopsing with Rimonti and Gabrieli, then he ever was at Saifam. Lets' not forget the FLEA classics. also Newfield years :)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 26 May 2008, 08:41

"Little Desire" grew on me over time, but I can't get over how that sharp abruptness between the introduction and the riff irritates me. No flow at all. I know A-Beat C's introductions have been a common criticism lately but that break just sounds really, really lame in "Little Desire." The exact same thing happened between the b-melo and sabi in "Kiss Me" from Super Eurobeat Vol. 183 as if it were a very dodgy cut-and-paste job, but that track was just a trainwreck all around.
#Infinity wrote:So even if older titles such as Neo, Mickey B., and Giacomo Caria made comebacks, it's pretty unlikely that they'd make much of an impact. I'm just quietly waiting for a new producer to join the label with a handful of fresh ideas and better sounds. Vocalists matter, yes (most of the songs by Matt Land, Dave Rodgers, and Nuage have easily surpassed the ones by Annalise and Norma Sheffield), but at the moment, to revive this struggling label, something more needs to be done.
I almost wish Oliva never left A-Beat C to form his own label with Gatti because now we're stuck with 3-4 A-Beat C tracks on every album which sound really mediocre, whereas Oliva is lucky to get one track of his on an album. As Oresama said, each sound engineer makes a huge difference. And you're right, A-Beat C needs new producers or sound engineers, not new vocalists. A-Beat C certainly weren't that bad on this album, but they could have been great. I doubt they'll ever reach that kind of phenomenal level these days if they don't do something fast.

I've been buying more CDs from the earlier eras during the past few weeks. Just finished off my collection from the 150s and nearly halfway through the 140s, and I can't help but feel depressed when I compare their latest tracks to the earlier killer hits by Nuage, Susy Wender, Matt Land and Digital Planet.

Jion

Post by Jion » 26 May 2008, 17:34

Jay wrote:"Little Desire" grew on me over time, but I can't get over how that sharp abruptness between the introduction and the riff irritates me. No flow at all. I know A-Beat C's introductions have been a common criticism lately but that break just sounds really, really lame in "Little Desire." The exact same thing happened between the b-melo and sabi in "Kiss Me" from Super Eurobeat Vol. 183 as if it were a very dodgy cut-and-paste job, but that track was just a trainwreck all around.
#Infinity wrote:So even if older titles such as Neo, Mickey B., and Giacomo Caria made comebacks, it's pretty unlikely that they'd make much of an impact. I'm just quietly waiting for a new producer to join the label with a handful of fresh ideas and better sounds. Vocalists matter, yes (most of the songs by Matt Land, Dave Rodgers, and Nuage have easily surpassed the ones by Annalise and Norma Sheffield), but at the moment, to revive this struggling label, something more needs to be done.
I almost wish Oliva never left A-Beat C to form his own label with Gatti because now we're stuck with 3-4 A-Beat C tracks on every album which sound really mediocre, whereas Oliva is lucky to get one track of his on an album. As Oresama said, each sound engineer makes a huge difference. And you're right, A-Beat C needs new producers or sound engineers, not new vocalists. A-Beat C certainly weren't that bad on this album, but they could have been great. I doubt they'll ever reach that kind of phenomenal level these days if they don't do something fast.

I've been buying more CDs from the earlier eras during the past few weeks. Just finished off my collection from the 150s and nearly halfway through the 140s, and I can't help but feel depressed when I compare their latest tracks to the earlier killer hits by Nuage, Susy Wender, Matt Land and Digital Planet.
I don't think it's so much the sound as much as overall (seemingly) lack of effort from A-Beat C right now. Reason I say that is because what I think is A-Beat C's strongest track out right now is M.O.V.E. feat. 8-Ball - Speed Master (Super Euro Mix). The sound is level and it uses the new school synths to a style structurally more akin to they're stuff from the 110 to 150's. I love it. (featured on Gazen Final Chozen Parapara)
You can hate me but you know you have quality issues =p