Super Eurobeat 186

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Apr 2008, 01:09

On my latest trip to Mexico City. I saw a cd with 80's italo songs from Rose ,Sophie, Aleph etc... What F+cked me up was that the cover featured pictures of Britney Spears, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake and even Fallout Boy. I asked the guy to preview it for me..and sure it enuff it was TIME classics. How is that for false advertisement :wink:

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 02 Apr 2008, 02:07

drnrg wrote:On my latest trip to Mexico City. I saw a cd with 80's italo songs from Rose ,Sophie, Aleph etc... What F+cked me up was that the cover featured pictures of Britney Spears, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake and even Fallout Boy. I asked the guy to preview it for me..and sure it enuff it was TIME classics. How is that for false advertisement :wink:
Must have been a pirate cd. Similar mislabelings happen with pirate video games.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Apr 2008, 04:07

Wataru Akiyama wrote:Here's how we can market Eurobeat to Americans.

I haven't laughed this hard in years.

Actually, it's not really so much that, as that Dance is not a big genre here in the States. Even when it had a chance with dance-ier pop like Britney Spears and those awful boy bands, it didn't take off. Notice that we only liked the SUPER-big dance songs, like Eiffel 65's "Blue", Dragostea din Tae, and what have you. Dance music is still PLAYED, but... something tells me most of us "yankees" prefer our electronic music a good bit darker.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Apr 2008, 06:32

zoupzuop2
Actually, it's not really so much that, as that Dance is not a big genre here in the States. Even when it had a chance with dance-ier pop like Britney Spears and those awful boy bands, it didn't take off. Notice that we only liked the SUPER-big dance songs, like Eiffel 65's "Blue", Dragostea din Tae, and what have you. Dance music is still PLAYED, but... something tells me most of us "yankees" prefer our electronic music a good bit darker
Dance had it's shining moment in the States under the title Disco. It made a huge comeback in the 80's as Hi Energy,New Wave and Freestyle. Everything after that has been crap. Britney and Backstreet Boys, N-Synch were never dance, but pop...and actually not bad for what it was. The Dance nowadays has resorted to 3 word choruses, as already pointed out or straight out stripper hoe music. It's officially over for Dance in the states. R.I.P :(

zoupzuop2
Notice that we only liked the SUPER-big dance songs, like Eiffel 65's "Blue", Dragostea din Tae, and what have you.
I have to admit that even I played these songs for about a month, but honestly does any radio sattion or club even come near them now a days. No! For some reason, the U.S thinks Dance music with lyrics and melody isn't cool enough anymore...and it will only get worse for them. Once again R.I.P :(

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 02 Apr 2008, 07:20

Can we avoid quoting that image? Keep it back a few pages so I don't have to frantically scroll the screen while I'm reading these forums at work! :P

I downloading a few songs from mu-mo before i had to go out. Here are my first impressions:

Big Bad & Hot Love: 3.5/5
Love & Passion 2008: 5/5 (love this remake!)
I Love My Dog: 5/5 (Hilarious song.)
Nightshade (SEB Version): 3/5 (I prefer the Discowarp Easily Amused and Spray remixes of this song, but this remix isn't bad. It just doesn't do the song enough justice though.)
Hey Hey: 1/5 (Typical ABeatC album filler. I miss Nuage's old style)
Rebel Yell: 3.5/5 (I like this new style Clara's using for Cherry but it seems like they tried too hard in this song.)
Adrenaline: 5/5 (Excellent produced track, love the way Manuel says Adrenaline too haha)

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 02 Apr 2008, 07:36

Bought the Niko song. Yay for Maurizio!!! :grin:

SCREAMING WILD LET'S GO WILD :D :D

The song also samples Music Go Wild XD

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 02 Apr 2008, 19:19

Actually dance isn't dead here. SF Bay Area has a station called 92.7 and they play lots of dance music - in fact, ONLY dance music. It is very popular too. Lots of eurodance from the 90's, etc. And new trance, etc etc. But they would never ever play eurobeat. Eurobeat is not seen as a viable style here. Too fast and too cute.
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 02 Apr 2008, 21:00

lightsol wrote:Actually dance isn't dead here. SF Bay Area has a station called 92.7 and they play lots of dance music - in fact, ONLY dance music. It is very popular too. Lots of eurodance from the 90's, etc. And new trance, etc etc. But they would never ever play eurobeat. Eurobeat is not seen as a viable style here. Too fast and too cute.
Yeah I'm not American but I think it's pretty hard to generalzie how popular something is for a country so vast and varied.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Apr 2008, 21:43

Even in some European countries, dance can be frowned upon and generally ridiculed. Basshunter was recently number one for about 5 weeks with "Now You're Gone", and that was pure modern Eurodance cheese. However, despite it being #1 in the charts for weeks, hardly anybody seemed to want to admit to buying or even liking the song at all. It's as if they were ashamed to be listening to such a song.

That's slightly annoying when you consider that the likes of ATB, Alice Deejay and Sash! all had massive success in the late 90's in the UK, despite being of the same Eurodance heritage. People need to lighten up and start realising that a thrashy guitar and a live drummer doesn't automatically mean a song is amazing and instantly credible. I really wish people could just feel free to like what like without the fear of being ridiculed and laughed at by the elitist snobs who probably wouldn't know a good melody if it smacked them square in the face!

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 03 Apr 2008, 03:54

Any idea who the singer on Ciao Ciao - BBCotBB is? In some ways it sounds like Alice, but also sounds like it may be ?#3, or a completely new girl.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 03 Apr 2008, 04:04

HRG has or is abandoning pitched-up vocals it seems. But have they totally given up on iTunes fans? Poor sales? That's what choosing the wrong songs does. They've shot themselves in the foot.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Apr 2008, 05:42

wolftickets1969
HRG has or is abandoning pitched-up vocals it seems.
I really hope they don't give up on high pitch vocals, because they are the only label I still enjoy high pitched songs from. I think it gives HRG a kind of cool diversity from other labels. Especially beacuse they stay away from that cutsey annoying sound.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 03 Apr 2008, 06:01

drnrg wrote:I really hope they don't give up on high pitch vocals, because they are the only label I still enjoy high pitched songs from. I think it gives HRG a kind of cool diversity from other labels. Especially beacuse they stay away from that cutsey annoying sound.
Weird you say that because Happy Snappy Valentine is just as "cutesy" if not more than anything released by Kiki & Fancy.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Apr 2008, 12:04

#Infinity
Weird you say that because Happy Snappy Valentine is just as "cutesy" if not more than anything released by Kiki & Fancy.
Not really. Happy Snappy Valentine might have a cute title and ,hyped vocals,and happy riff, but the overall melody sounds like typical HRG and with a few different soundworlds ,could have easily been sung by male voacls too. The song really reminds me of a hyped up version of Cindy's - Jammin Spanish Men. It just gives a different vibe as opposed to Kika & Fancy.... and it has no funny shout outs :wink:

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 03 Apr 2008, 17:30

Just got this in the mail today :>
So far I like what I hear!