Super Eurobeat 220

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 07 Nov 2011, 12:37

Brisk wrote:Baby Come Back has got to be the most surprising...actually anything from the last 1-3 years is surprising which there are more of as its been said.
Considering they play it at like every B1 club event it is not surprising haha.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 07 Nov 2011, 12:59

Baby Come Back alongside Bye Bye Girl have been the best thing on SEB for quite some time... So yay for them noticing good songs for a change.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 07 Nov 2011, 17:08

I agree that the tracklist (if it's real) is more interesting than I expected, but not for the right reasons.

First, I don't find the label balance of the newer songs (tracks 1-13 and 37-50) to be fair at all. How is it right that there's only 1 HRG and 1 Time song but 10 SCP songs? If I were Accatino/Rimonti or Dall'Ora, I'd be pretty peeved. Some of those SCP songs are nothing special either, like 'Rock Beatin' Wild' and 'Samurai Blue.'

Also, I'm not sure whether I find it amusing or disturbing that 9/10 of these SCP songs are sung by men and the other being a man/woman duet ('Kooky Spooky'). You'd think if Avex were compelled to include a whooping 10 SCP songs, they would've found the room to include at least one SCP song by a woman. Incredible.

I'm happy that Avex have decided to include more recent songs on this anniversary release, but not their song/label selection.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 11 Nov 2011, 22:14

51. [Disc 2] &#12497;&#12524;&#12458;&#12399;&#12456;&#12513;&#12521;&#12523;&#12489; <SCP> / SKE48
75. [Disc 2] &#26376;&#12398;&#35023;&#20596; <SCP> / DiVA

new songs are scp remixes. The forum is acting weird and keeps deleting EUROBEAT REMIX from the titles every time I try and post it.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 11 Nov 2011, 23:25

Jay wrote:I agree that the tracklist (if it's real) is more interesting than I expected, but not for the right reasons.

First, I don't find the label balance of the newer songs (tracks 1-13 and 37-50) to be fair at all. How is it right that there's only 1 HRG and 1 Time song but 10 SCP songs? If I were Accatino/Rimonti or Dall'Ora, I'd be pretty peeved. Some of those SCP songs are nothing special either, like 'Rock Beatin' Wild' and 'Samurai Blue.'

Also, I'm not sure whether I find it amusing or disturbing that 9/10 of these SCP songs are sung by men and the other being a man/woman duet ('Kooky Spooky'). You'd think if Avex were compelled to include a whooping 10 SCP songs, they would've found the room to include at least one SCP song by a woman. Incredible.

I'm happy that Avex have decided to include more recent songs on this anniversary release, but not their song/label selection.
It's not Avex's fault if the most popular SCP artists and songs happen to be by the men. You know that SCP is Fastway then Ace then Irene everyone else. Every label is like that now. Sun Fire is Dave, Futura then everyone else, Delta is Cherry & Luke/Mark Astley then others, Go Gos is Domino and Lolita then etc. For a long time now, Time hasn't been the focus of Avex and HRG just hasn't had a real hit since SEF Deluxe I think. Those are the songs that are popular by those artists and they're fairly new and I'm guessing Avex is using the anniversary album to promote their recent stuff. I'm not too surprised.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 12 Nov 2011, 11:07

thejti wrote:HRG just hasn't had a real hit since SEF Deluxe I think. Those are the songs that are popular by those artists and they're fairly new and I'm guessing Avex is using the anniversary album to promote their recent stuff. I'm not too surprised.
For real? Does that mean that none of the slower "italo evolution" tracks from HRG have made any sort of a dent in Japan? I guess the style doesn't really lend itself to parapara as well as the speedier stuff, but I hope that tracks such as "The Magic of Sunshine", "Hard To Say I'm Sorry" and "Crazy Diamond" don't just vanish into the abyss...

I'm surprised that there's no Hotblade tracks on this tracklist - for me, he was easily the biggest SCP star of the 210's... great to see Super Rider / Mark Astley back though, such an awesome track!!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Nov 2011, 01:09

the_ditz
For real? Does that mean that none of the slower "italo evolution" tracks from HRG have made any sort of a dent in Japan? I guess the style doesn't really lend itself to parapara as well as the speedier stuff, but I hope that tracks such as "The Magic of Sunshine", "Hard To Say I'm Sorry" and "Crazy Diamond" don't just vanish into the abyss...
I don't know how acurate that info about SEF Delux is or HRG Attack not having any other hits, but that song was away from becomming anything classic from the label.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 13 Nov 2011, 16:22

drnrg wrote:
I don't know how acurate that info about SEF Delux is or HRG Attack not having any other hits, but that song was away from becomming anything classic from the label.
nope, jorge is right for the most part. Get Wild & Be Sexy / E-Girlz or Rumiringo Superstar can maybe be considered a hit i dunno.

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 18 Nov 2011, 21:17

Final songlist at http://avexnet.or.jp/eurobeat/discography/#seb220 . I don't understand why this forum is cutting off the remix names again...

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 18 Nov 2011, 22:25

Tiger wrote:nope, jorge is right for the most part. Get Wild & Be Sexy / E-Girlz or Rumiringo Superstar can maybe be considered a hit i dunno.
All of their best stuff from the past few years, imo, is from the non-Japan independent releases. I loved albums like Cream Eurobeat, The Crazy World of Franz Tornado, and Super-Duper Eurobeat 5, while most of the label's songs from the 190's, 200's, and 210's really didn't impress me much. There are some few and far in-between tracks that I loved, such as The Magic of Sunshine and Flying Over The Sky, but for the most part, Avex hasn't really tuned to their most interesting songs over the past few years.
the_ditz wrote:I'm surprised that there's no Hotblade tracks on this tracklist - for me, he was easily the biggest SCP star of the 210's... great to see Super Rider / Mark Astley back though, such an awesome track!!
Actually, Power Two is track 2 on disc 1. Maybe you were just looking a bit too hard for Disconnected in particular? :razz:

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 18 Nov 2011, 23:10

Megan188 wrote:Actually, Power Two is track 2 on disc 1. Maybe you were just looking a bit too hard for Disconnected in particular? :razz:
Oops, totally missed that!

Well, Power Two is a good second choice for a Hotblade track I guess (the fact I made a simfile for it should show how much a enjoy that song) but Disconnected is still his best track to date for me.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Nov 2011, 07:54

the_ditz
Well, Power Two is a good second choice for a Hotblade track I guess (the fact I made a simfile for it should show how much a enjoy that song) but Disconnected is still his best track to date for me.
I'm proboly one of the few who really gug "Plastic", bit I also agree that Disconnected all the way. Especially the extended version from that limited SCP compilation.