home recording

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
Ebisumaru
Eurocurious

Post by Ebisumaru » 27 Apr 2006, 20:30

WHAT THE FUCK

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 28 Apr 2006, 00:10

Now that was...different :shock:
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Apr 2006, 01:27

Hrm... The vocals that bad, I take? Probably a bit hard for me. From the highest note in the bridge to the lowest in the chorus backup singing it's a tone away from being a two octave range. Probably redo that bit tomorrow.

Still was hoping for something a *little* more constructive than:
Ebisumaru wrote:WHAT THE FUCK
>.>

Ebisumaru
Eurocurious

Post by Ebisumaru » 28 Apr 2006, 02:17

Mikaeru wrote: Yaoi! Yaoi instruction
Come on give it to me harder

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Apr 2006, 02:36

Ebisumaru wrote:
Mikaeru wrote: Yaoi! Yaoi instruction
Come on give it to me harder
That was unintentional. Why do I always do things like this... First it's Doom Doom Boom Boom, now this. Anyways, like I said, it's a tribute song. Massive Destruction is one of the more popular yaoi artists out there.

Besides, I've written worse.

And I was actually planning on sampling... certain things... for the intro, but have decided against it. So far. XD

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 28 Apr 2006, 02:44

Oh, dear god.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Apr 2006, 02:56

I actually wanted a different bass riff for the intro too, but I couldn't figure it out, mostly because I can't really remember what *that* riff sounds like, I just keep thinking of the one from Dave & Domino "I Believe In You".

Now I think I *will* get those samples.

taQ
Eurobeat Master

Post by taQ » 28 Apr 2006, 02:57

Cosmic_Bard wrote:Oh, dear god.
i didnt listen to it, but god, could you be any more rude?

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Apr 2006, 03:07

taQ wrote:
Cosmic_Bard wrote:Oh, dear god.
i didnt listen to it, but god, could you be any more rude?
Eh, I try to take these in stride anyways. Odd how this song is the one that's gotten the most comments out of anything I've done so far, just for including a little gaiety to the mix. Hell, I'm surprised no one seems to have caught that whole "yama-nashi" line.

I was just worried they were WTFing about the vocals, which is the one thing I said I was still working on, and the one thing I'm stuck with. *shrugs*

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 28 Apr 2006, 07:28

Mikaeru wrote:Hrm... The vocals that bad, I take? Probably a bit hard for me. From the highest note in the bridge to the lowest in the chorus backup singing it's a tone away from being a two octave range. Probably redo that bit tomorrow.
Hmm, it sounds a bit like you've used some odd processing, maybe some vocal harmonization without programming the chord changes, it sounds very weird.

BTW, most popular songs keep the lead vocal range down to not much more than an octave...

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 28 Apr 2006, 15:46

Thanks for the tips on my song people!

I'm trying to make it sound more clear and crisp. Difficult job tho. The strings went up a two chords and I made the vocals sound less 'canned'. Now I still have to arrange and balance it a bit more, but that's for later. I actually have a paper on Japanese pre-war facism and methodlogies. due for monday... :evil:
Maybe I'm going for an Eurobeat, ItaloDisco and Techno mixture next time. Something for at parties from my studygroup of Japanese... Maybe even try Japanese lyrics for a change...

@Mikaeru: You always produce songs really quick! I really need to practice more to go for such speed. The last song's intro sounds really good, but from what I hear in general from your soungs is that they all sound a bit alike... No offence, but that's just what I'm hearing.
From what hao-bao stated: maybe it's a good idea to produce some songs together! Please mail me if you think it's a good idea. I can produce synth loops quite rapidly, and I'm going to buy a DX-7 in the future... So... :wink:
BTW, the last songs lyrics are a bit... Well...
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Apr 2006, 21:31

Toni - Yeah, I tend to reuse sounds a bit too much, but I like a lot of specific ones. And it's not entirely that I write/mix quickly (although Massive Destruction was done completely this week), but the time it takes to finish certain songs depends. Akira I'd been sitting on for a while, I just didn't really have the right recording for it for the longest time (and arguably, still don't :P). Other stuff I've done has been waiting for the vocalist to do it for weeks (and in one case months), so say if I got all the vocal material in today, I could easily put out a "new" song every few days for a bit. Just depends on the song.

UQ - Actually, the only vocal effect used was a very quick fix to boost the levels, which magnified the reverb problem I have where I record, although it usually don't show up that poorly. And as I said, I just wanted to put in something, and work on the vocals today. And most of my stuff *is* within an octave (the actual melody line for Massive Destruction is only a semitone over an octave, it's just in a bit of a high key for me).

But anyways, I worked on it, I'm happy how it is, so here is Mikaeru - Massive Destruction - final (I hope) version

UQ100
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by UQ100 » 28 Apr 2006, 22:27

Mikaeru wrote:UQ - Actually, the only vocal effect used was a very quick fix to boost the levels, which magnified the reverb problem I have where I record, although it usually don't show up that poorly. And as I said, I just wanted to put in something, and work on the vocals today. And most of my stuff *is* within an octave (the actual melody line for Massive Destruction is only a semitone over an octave, it's just in a bit of a high key for me).
Oh, OK... not criticizing. Just trying to help. :) (And I misread your sentence on vocal range as being for the lead, sorry.)

Well, vocals are much improved now.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Apr 2006, 23:50

UQ100 wrote:
Mikaeru wrote:UQ - Actually, the only vocal effect used was a very quick fix to boost the levels, which magnified the reverb problem I have where I record, although it usually don't show up that poorly. And as I said, I just wanted to put in something, and work on the vocals today. And most of my stuff *is* within an octave (the actual melody line for Massive Destruction is only a semitone over an octave, it's just in a bit of a high key for me).
Oh, OK... not criticizing. Just trying to help. :) (And I misread your sentence on vocal range as being for the lead, sorry.)

Well, vocals are much improved now.
Oh, no, I appreciate the help.

And it's actually the same vocals, I just did some major work to them. Most of it was just fixing up the timing on all of them, which is an incredibly tedious and time-consuming process, but it's more than worth it in the end.

hao-bao
Euro To B

Post by hao-bao » 03 May 2006, 12:06

Toni wrote:I'm right now in the middle of producing a song. It's called: Fly With Me. The lyrics are done by me.

Download here: http://toniproductions.nl/Resources/Fly ... Aplha).mp3 (copy link)

I will give every beat of my heart
like a wonderful dream, and you will be happy
when I saw you right here from the start
you just had to be mine, just to have you near me

when I wake up in the morning light, baby
when you wrap your arms around me
hold me, baby
this shining star is not far you see

fly with me baby,
fly across the sky
fly with my fire,
fly into the night

I still haven't got the lyrics for A2 Melo yet, some cares to write some for me??

NOTE: this song is the alpha version, so the sounds aren't that balanced out yet. I just would like some comments on how it could be improved. (not only equalizing)
Very good :) The production is not that great but the general feeling is cool. Could be on a SEB.