Super Eurobeat 221 (News in page 1!)

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 24 Jan 2013, 14:03

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 24 Jan 2013, 14:32

I agree with Jack Extaticus Craig on that issue

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Jan 2013, 14:53

Was it necessary to get a screenshot and shame one out of hundreds of up loaders on that forum? I love SCP, but it was douchey to single out one person and to post it on Facebook for everyone to see.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 24 Jan 2013, 15:03

They shamed them cause they noticed him first. I'm not surprised by it. SEB is virtually on its last legs and needs sales or the series is done, hence the aggressive stance on piracy. And unlike other genres, they can't easily use the music to make shows or license them to other things. All money goes through Avex.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 24 Jan 2013, 17:02

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 24 Jan 2013, 17:50

thejti wrote:They shamed them cause they noticed him first. I'm not surprised by it. SEB is virtually on its last legs and needs sales or the series is done, hence the aggressive stance on piracy. And unlike other genres, they can't easily use the music to make shows or license them to other things. All money goes through Avex.
Avex usually only has the exclusive rights for Asia.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 24 Jan 2013, 18:05

DarkSky wrote:
thejti wrote:They shamed them cause they noticed him first. I'm not surprised by it. SEB is virtually on its last legs and needs sales or the series is done, hence the aggressive stance on piracy. And unlike other genres, they can't easily use the music to make shows or license them to other things. All money goes through Avex.
And yet they worry when it's made available on iTunes (in non-Asian countries) by the labels themselves, or still bother to ask for World rights for songs and do nothing with them? How on earth is that even close to "okay" for fans who can't speak Japanese?

My God, are the independents the only ones who can get away with making Eurobeat an internationally available genre? How utterly frustrating.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 24 Jan 2013, 18:06

eXtaticus wrote:
Darkholme wrote:I agree with Jack Extaticus Craig on that issue
As do I.

Wait...
Hawww hawww haww

Anyways, liking the album more and more. Kiss is insanely good!

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Jan 2013, 18:12

zoupzuop2 wrote:
DarkSky wrote:
And yet they worry when it's made available on iTunes (in non-Asian countries) by the labels themselves, or still bother to ask for World rights for songs and do nothing with them? How on earth is that even close to "okay" for fans who can't speak Japanese?

My God, are the independents the only ones who can get away with making Eurobeat an internationally available genre? How utterly frustrating.
There is a bigger fan base outside of Japan than in it. Still, after years, cannot understand why they won't f'ing release albums internationally...this crux will kill off eurobeat if Avex gets off their private club ass and sell to those who are willing to pay for it.

It makes me so angry. I feel the whole shitty piracy issue wouldn't be so big. Listen, Avex, people desperately want to buy eurobeats, but you are making it so restrictive. How does this help your business model? Get everyone pumped on Facebook and then there be a next to nothing chance of international releases?

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 24 Jan 2013, 22:40

para_rigby wrote:There is a bigger fan base outside of Japan than in it.
Source? I mean, sure, a lot of non-Japanese speakers tend to clutter in the same places (mostly Facebook) and might make it look like all the fans are non-Japanese, but according to SCP Japan still counts for over 80% of all the purchases.

I also don't see why 'people can't get it outside of Japan'. I've ordered all my SEBs from Japan (except a few second hand ones), and CDJapan is really easy and user-friendly to use. If you want the stuff, just buy it. If you don't have a PayPal-account, send me your money and I'll buy it for you. I don't care.

Also, yes, I downloaded the album. But I also pre-ordered it months ago. Shipping just takes too darn long and I couldn't wait. I think people who downloaded it without buying it, won't buy it at all. And wouldn't have bought in in the first place.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 24 Jan 2013, 23:16

MKwiakaku wrote:
para_rigby wrote:There is a bigger fan base outside of Japan than in it.
Source? I mean, sure, a lot of non-Japanese speakers tend to clutter in the same places (mostly Facebook) and might make it look like all the fans are non-Japanese, but according to SCP Japan still counts for over 80% of all the purchases.

I also don't see why 'people can't get it outside of Japan'. I've ordered all my SEBs from Japan (except a few second hand ones), and CDJapan is really easy and user-friendly to use. If you want the stuff, just buy it. If you don't have a PayPal-account, send me your money and I'll buy it for you. I don't care.

Also, yes, I downloaded the album. But I also pre-ordered it months ago. Shipping just takes too darn long and I couldn't wait. I think people who downloaded it without buying it, won't buy it at all. And wouldn't have bought in in the first place.
Ok, no official source so sorry I misspoke. The big cost of importing an album is the challenge for most people. Yeah, the cd is available but most people just cannot afford such a cost. Damn, it is one of most expensive genres I know of.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 24 Jan 2013, 23:21

Remember the post by Dark Sky that explains the reason that prevents Avex going international with SEB?.. it is perhaps related to how business is handled by IEP's with Avex. It is not because Avex doesn't want to make SEB go all international, it is just a problem for them because of their present business agreements.
Last edited by Vadim on 24 Jan 2013, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

eXtaticus
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by eXtaticus » 24 Jan 2013, 23:29

-redacted-
Last edited by eXtaticus on 19 Dec 2017, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 24 Jan 2013, 23:57

Best tune on this SEB is An-g *different girl*. Melody is loaded with hooks. Vocal is great. Effects on voice are atrocious.

Worst is also from SCP ( ..it means that some Bamboo Bimbo kicked the bucket...).

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 25 Jan 2013, 00:25

Vadim wrote:Remember the post by Dark Sky that explains the reason that prevents Avex going international with SEB?.. it is perhaps related to how business is handled by IEP's with Avex. It is not because Avex doesn't want to make SEB go all international, it is just a problem for them because of their present business agreements.
That is absolutely right. It's a miracle that they're actually translating bits of what they post on Facebook for the international fans. ;-)