Super Eurobeat 198

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 06 Jun 2009, 10:43

Dima wins this album according to what I've heard from the samples :)

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 06 Jun 2009, 18:38

Anybody else think that the Futura song would have to be one of the worst eurobeat songs of all time? I didn't think anything could match 'Pagal', yet A-Beat C have somehow managed to create something far worse than that annoying HRG song. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell just came farting out of my speakers.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the rest of the samples. Nothing I'd rave about though.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 06 Jun 2009, 18:50

Jay wrote:Anybody else think that the Futura song would have to be one of the worst eurobeat songs of all time? I didn't think anything could match 'Pagal', yet A-Beat C have somehow managed to create something far worse than that annoying HRG song. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell just came farting out of my speakers.
You, sir, have just made me wet myself!

Oh, and I agree totally! Good job the Pamsy track is there to make things all better! Why is she sooo awesome? :grin:

EDIT: What's taking so long with the extended versions? Not even Morawin has them uploaded yet...I want to hear my Pamsy in all her glory! iTunes will probably have them uploaded by the time 199 is released...right? :P

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 06 Jun 2009, 22:42

Jay wrote:Anybody else think that the Futura song would have to be one of the worst eurobeat songs of all time? I didn't think anything could match 'Pagal', yet A-Beat C have somehow managed to create something far worse than that annoying HRG song. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell just came farting out of my speakers.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the rest of the samples. Nothing I'd rave about though.
Definitely not the worst, but a true downturn from the smashing "Fire Dragon" and surprising "Give Me Sunshine". Perhaps it's an older track?
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 07 Jun 2009, 04:29

To me that Futura song sounds like it was recorded with only one speaker. I have such a huge problem with week soundworlds, it's not even funny.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 07 Jun 2009, 07:34

Somebody scanned and uploaded a 500x500 version of the cover

:)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 07 Jun 2009, 08:53

What about that one

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 07 Jun 2009, 15:05

My top 3 new tracks:

1. Virginelle / The Power Of Love
2. Cherry / Keep Fall In Love
3. Stephy / Speed Demon

Bottom 3:

1. Futura / I'm Superstar
2. Peek-a-Book / Koko Soko
3. Veronika / S.O.S.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 07 Jun 2009, 16:17

The best song for me on this album is definitely "Dream", It is exactly the kind of female slow eurobeat "style" I like a lot. Easily the best female song released so far in the 190s.

Other songs I like include : Star Heart, Keep Fall In Love, Speed Demon, Koko Soko, Power Of Love, S.O.S.

Okay Songs : Sunshine Baby, Easy Come Easy Go

No thanks : HRG Attack (Duh ...), I Am Superstar (It isn't very bad but when compared with "Fire Dragon" which she co-wrote with Dave and her own "Give Me Sunshine" ... It is horrible.)

Come to think of it, The "Slower" eurobeats that are planned in the future may not be a bad idea after all.
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Jun 2009, 18:45

Brief thoughts of the new tracks after listening to the nonstop versions:

10 VICKY VALE - STAR HEART
- I admit that I really wasn't a fan of Delta's early 2000's work, and this track is verging on a return to that kind of style which makes me gulp. However, after a few listens, the chorus and hook of this track are drawing me in more and more. A fairly catchy track, but like drnrg said, it's not a patch on Italo Beat Boy.

11 CHERRY - KEEP ON FALL IN LOVE
- Shouldn't that be Keep On Falling In Love? Anyway, this sounds like a pure 80's SAW track that Bananarama or Mel & Kim may have performed back in the day. The DOA beat stutters and chugging bass line heighten the 80's theme, and I definitely prefer this over the previous track. Not quite and massive grin, but a good track all the same...
:) :)

12 STEPHY - SPEED DEMON
- Awesome piano intro, but I'm not really crazy about the hook to be honest - it sounds a bit hollow to me. Also, Stephy sounds completely demented in the song, and I'm pretty sure she's singing about a racing driver called Damon and not a demon. I don't know - it all sounds a bit too forced and contrived to me, and I can't really get into the production at all.
:(

13 KRYSTAL - DREAM
- The intro sounds very dancey, but when that powerful synth kicks in, we're back in Eurobeat territory. This melody seems to speak to me a lot more than the tracks that have come before, and I feel the 80's vibe with a more modern twist (the horns in the chorus) and latin influences too in the flamenco guitar. All in all, a very unique track well performed and produced.
:grin:

14 PAMSY - SUNSHINE BABY
- I'm sure it will come as no surprise to you all that....I ADORE THIS TRACK!!!! PAMSY IS BACK!!! Seriously, from start to finish, this captures the happiness and joy of the summer. Hopefully it will also prove to her critics that she can do more than just "moody" and "trancey" Eurobeat. The light synth happily dances through the hook and I can see Pamsy skipping through fields of sunflowers. Love the breakdowns (the "Switch!" style bassline is back, which I love!) Best new track on the album easily! Can't wait to grab an extended version!
:grin: :grin: :grin:

15 FUTURE - I'M SUNSHINE
- This monstrosity just serves to make Sunshine Baby sound even better. The vocals sound ridiculously out of tune, and the beat is soooo quiet that I'm unsure whether this should actually be an acappella track. Oh my god, can you just imagine how excruciating that would be?? Seriously, this is the worst Eurobeat track I've heard in years.
:???: :? :( :cry: >_> :ew: :-x

16 PEEK-A-BOO - KOKO SOKO
- First of all, this doesn't fit on a Super Eurobeat album at all. It's a bubblegum dance track, not Eurobeat. Secondly - and probably more importantly - I really see no merit in this remake at all. Smile.dk's version was perfect, and all this version does is try to copy it with worse vocalists and synths that aren't quite as good. I'd give the song a grin, but this particular version gets a thumbs down, especially in the context of this album.
:(

17 VIRGINELLE - THE POWER OF LOVE
- Woooo, Go-Go's Music are back with a bang! I'm loving that hook, and it really gets you hyped ready for Ms. Gobbi's insane vocal delivery. Go-Go's have a great knack for moulding their productions perfectly around the vocalists (something that only SCP normally manage to the same degree) and this once again plays to Elena's strengths. A very powerful and anthemic track - sounds fantastic after the last two down points!
:grin:

18 VERONICA - S.O.S.
- A great hook is one thing, but the whole song needs to grab me to get to the top of my playlist. Sadly, although I think Abba are great, I'm very tired of seeing cover versions of their tracks. The only truly unique part of this track is the mega-powerful synth hook - the rest is just a Eurobeat-style imitation of the Abba orchestration by and large, and it doesn't majorly get me hyped. Still, it's a good song and in this company, it is still in the top half of the new track grading for me...

19 CHRISTINE & IRENE - EASY COME & EASY GO
- Does anyone else think the chorus of this track sounds like it was written for Go Go Girls? Anyway, I've never been Christine's biggest fan, but with Irene she could make quite a powerful force. This track is like a big mix of styles - Kiki & Fancy meets Go Go Girls with a hint of Hi-NRG Attack in certain production elements. A very interesting track that captures SCP's fun and happy side again.

20 BLACK EVA - WROOM WROOM SUPERCAR
- I find it hard to get really hyped about Hi-NRG Attack's most recent female tracks for some reason. They all seem to have similar melodies, beat breakdowns and sound effects when they are this BPM. Maybe it's just me. In this track's defence, the verse sounds a bit less cut-and-paste than many other HRG tracks, but I still don't really get that excited about the hook or chorus. HRG's Juno releases, especially Bratt Protone, have made me realise that their male aliases create the hottest tracks by a mile.
:|

30 HI-NRG ALL STARS - RUMIRINGO SUPERSTAR
- I was going to buy this track when it was released on Juno, but lack of funds held me back. The verse is what drew me in originally, as it made me think of an old 80's track I used to hear all the time when I was growing up (still can't remember the name of it though!). I do seem to enjoy the more pitched-up female tracks that appear on SEB for some weird reason, and this is no exception - the melody really gets under my skin and into my brain. This version is abit too fragmented for me though with all the beat stutters that have been added.

Best new tracks:
SUNSHINE BABY / PAMSY
DREAM / KRYSTAL
THE POWER OF LOVE / VIRGINELLE

Worst new tracks:
I'M SUPERSTAR / FUTURA x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
KOKO SOKO / PEEK-A-BOO
(because it isn't Eurobeat)
SPEED DEMON / STEPHY

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 07 Jun 2009, 19:24

the_ditz wrote:15 FUTURE - I'M SUNSHINE
- This monstrosity just serves to make Sunshine Baby sound even better. The vocals sound ridiculously out of tune, and the beat is soooo quiet that I'm unsure whether this should actually be an acappella track. Oh my god, can you just imagine how excruciating that would be?? Seriously, this is the worst Eurobeat track I've heard in years.
Even worse than I Love My Dog? :eek:
ImageImage

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 07 Jun 2009, 19:29

#Infinity wrote:Even worse than I Love My Dog? :eek:
I hate you. : (

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, but I seeing that you guys all seem to hate the Futura song, I am probably going to like it. :')!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 07 Jun 2009, 19:50

I Love My Dog is one of the best songs ever.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 07 Jun 2009, 20:00

#Infinity wrote:
Even worse than I Love My Dog? :eek:
Yes, miles worse than I Love My Dog, and that's saying something... :???:

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 07 Jun 2009, 21:22

Hehe this is the producer's (Dave's) comment:
Futura is full of Passion and Energy and thats the reason why she'll come soon the queen of eurobeat.
Dave Rodgers

Lol, Energy :|
This track lacks probably everything a Eurobeat songs should have :|

Oh and I say this not to say I dislike Futura/Dave/A-Beat C but just because I think Futura shouldn't be an artist but should just do her work as a song writer. Her voice is just awful. I'm sorry.

( Oh and Vivi - I Love My Dog is a good,cute,awesome,super song :D )

C'mon SEB198 should be on iTunes fast! I want to buy these tracks!!
Last edited by DarkSky on 08 Jun 2009, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.