Super Eurobeat 212

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Mar 2011, 16:05

Album is now available on iTunes Japan. And thankfully, you can once again buy the whole album (which includes all instrumentals) for 2,400 Yen. Not really sure what happened with 211 that stopped Apple from letting you do that... :???:

Great to see the Dog Ears back with another smash-hit "Set Me Free"!! :D

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 01 Mar 2011, 16:25

Lol something seriously went wrong with Ace's alias on iTunes...

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Mar 2011, 16:33

DarkSky wrote:Lol something seriously went wrong with Ace's alias on iTunes...
You're telling me - it's just plain weird!

A couple of other points to note...

- Go-Go's track is still called Sex Skiller. I highly doubt it was written about someone who was very skillful in the field of...erm, sex. Especially considering all the spooky instrumentation and screams. Classic Avex misunderstanding...
- Claire M.'s track has a really tacky title - "M.U.S.I.C." whereas in the Dima Music catalogue it is shown simply as Music. Avex's title makes me think of that super-cheesy disco track "D.I.S.C.O." so it's not a comparison I want to have in relation to that song.
- Mr Moog's song appears to have been changed simply to "Cowboy" - Avex clearly didn't like the "Bang Bang" being in the title.
- The intro to "Set Me Free" has been spliced and diced again from the SCP Eurobeat Version on internationl iTunes - maybe that's a stipulation of SCP being able to release certain songs before they feature on SEB...Avex gets to needlessly mess around with the intro!

Very bizarre. :???:

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 01 Mar 2011, 21:45

Could anyone shed a light on a team (label) that each of SEB 112 tracks pertains to..?..

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 01 Mar 2011, 22:15

Vadim wrote:Could anyone shed a light on a team (label) that each of SEB 112 tracks pertains to..?..
I'm assuming you mean 212, so here goes...

1. YO SHINE / I DREAM OF YOU (04:27) [SCP]
2. ACE / SET ME FREE (03:39) [SCP]
3. ANNALISE / LOVE TOY (04:46) [A-Beat C]
4. MR. MOOG / BANG BANG COWBOY (04:42) [Dima Music]
5. VIRGINELLE / BABY COME BACK (05:18) [Go-Go's Music]
6. DJ SPACE C / DANGER ZONE (04:39) [Saifam/Asia]
7. DAVID & TOY / YOU & I (04:50) [Dima Music]
8. JOE D. TOASTER / CRAZY DIAMOND (05:06) [Hi-NRG Attack]
9. MELISSA WHITE / MOVIN' & LOVIN' (05:08) [SCP]
10. MEGAN / TIME TO SAY BYE BYE (05:13) [SinclaireStyle]
11. CY-RO / JUMP ON THE SOUND (05:01) [Hi-NRG Attack]
12. GO GO GIRLS / SEX KILLER (05:03) [Go-Go's Music]
13. CLAIRE M. / MUSIC (05:03) [Dima Music]
14. DIGITAL PLANET / A NEW DAY (04:50) [A-Beat C]
15. KING & QUEEN / YA YA YA (Slow Mix) (02:36) [A-Beat C]

A-Beat C has been credited on the above list and not Sun Fire, as these productions are clearly from a time before Sun Fire existed.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 02 Mar 2011, 00:44

Yes, there are no mistake... Ya Ya Ya is really 2:36 long.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Mar 2011, 06:52

the_ditz
- Mr Moog's song appears to have been changed simply to "Cowboy" - Avex clearly didn't like the "Bang Bang" being in the title.
The nerve of them. Don't they know "Bang Bang" is Eurobeat's best selling stragety ever! :-x

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Mar 2011, 18:35

The riff for Sex Killer reminds me a lot of Race Queen or something close to that for some reason. I think Sex Killer is okay because after a few replays it gets a little boring. Whenever I hear the word nightmare in the song, it makes me think of Nightmare in the City too :X

Ohh the end of the song is funny too. Maybe someone else will spoil it haha

When you wake up, you don't believe it is a nightmareeee
Last edited by Tiger on 02 Mar 2011, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 02 Mar 2011, 20:16

Tiger wrote:The riff for Sex Killer reminds me a lot of Race Queen or something close to that for some reason. I think Sex Killer is okay because after a few replays it gets a little boring. Whenever I hear the word nightmare in the song, it makes me think of Nightmare in the City too :X

It's "Sex Skiller" :3
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 02 Mar 2011, 21:23

Lebon14 wrote:
Tiger wrote:The riff for Sex Killer reminds me a lot of Race Queen or something close to that for some reason. I think Sex Killer is okay because after a few replays it gets a little boring. Whenever I hear the word nightmare in the song, it makes me think of Nightmare in the City too :X

whatever floats your boat :P I haven't seen the lyrics booklet yet but I honestly don't think they are saying skiller

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 03 Mar 2011, 04:34

Tiger wrote:
Lebon14 wrote:

whatever floats your boat :P I haven't seen the lyrics booklet yet but I honestly don't think they are saying skiller
They are... really :

Lyrics if needed. :3
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 03 Mar 2011, 07:09

Lebon14, I'm more inclined to believe what the artist is singing in the song itself than the booklet or back cover. It's very obvious that Gobbi is saying 'killer' throughout the whole song; you really need to get your ears checked if you believe otherwise. Besides, Avex have been known to misspell track names―surely you know about the 'Red Core' (or 'Red Code') mishap?―so you shouldn't treat the booklet as gospel.

Anyway, for once the samples gave me an accurate indication of what this album would be like in full: crap. I almost need a third hand to count the number of songs I hate. :( 'Sex Killer' is sooo good though. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a GGM song this much, haha.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 03 Mar 2011, 18:05

Since I am curious about the lyrics myself...if all SEB 212 lyrics can be displayed here - it's cool with me..

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 03 Mar 2011, 21:30

Yeah, the lyrics in Sex Skiller say that it is Sex Skiller and then Sex Killer later on in the chorus. How confusing :(

I Dream Of You makes me so grateful that I listen to Eurobeat, even though it is a little trancey, because it is such an amazing song. That and Sex Killer have been on my repeats for a while. :D

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Mar 2011, 21:33

Sex Killer really isn't anything special to me - it's a pretty bland Go Go Girls track that is given various gimmicks to try and encourage repeat plays but I'm not buying it!

Far better is Baby Come Back by Virginelle - such an awesome vocal melody, it reminded me of a more trancy "Good Love & Mystery". I Dream Of You is good but not as ground-breaking as I'd been hoping - nothing else is really majorly jumping out at me, it's mostly a "middle-of-the-road" okay album for now.