New to Eurobeat!

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Julian
Bad Bad Bad

New to Eurobeat!

Post by Julian » 04 Aug 2004, 17:29

Im a noob when it comes to Eurobeat, however i just read through the main page and i must say, this is a very impressive site! Lots of info!

Anyway, i was searching google for ganguro girls when i came upon this page http://www.livemusicstudio.com/mac/pages/ganguro.html

They had a music sample of the song "Ganguro" by Franz Tornado. Immediatly i had to have more! Ive been looking for this type of music for awhile now and i must say im in love. Eurobeat owns.

So i check out amazon.com to find that new cd's are like 50 bucks! I will invest in some cd's soon but im trying to find them at a better price.

Anyway ill be checking out this forum more often as i learn more things.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 06-2276869
edit - Btw what do you think of purchasing this?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 04 Aug 2004, 19:21

Welcome to the forum Julian :)

Yeah Eurobeat is a bit on the margin-side for most people and the people outside of Japan mostly bump into the genre by accident and get swept away. I feel the pain of getting cds from Japan as they are much prizier than what they have on the stores here, but it's really worth it. Ganguro is a great song, but you really should hear the other Franz Tornado songs as they're practically all better than Ganguro (well in my opinion at least).
I wouldn't mind sending a few songs if you want :3 just contact me.

Also SEB100 is a great way to get acquinted with the genre as it covers a lot of SEB ground, but the only down side is that it doesn't touch the other compilation series at all, like Euromach (where Ganguro is from). So yeah SEB100 is a good compilation to start with, and you won't regret if you get it :)

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 04 Aug 2004, 22:48

Welcome! Also I suggest not getting it from Amazon.com cause they're prices for SEB's are pretty expensive. I'd try either cdjapan.co.jp or hmv.co.jp cause even though their located in Japan they're prices are cheaper than Amazon. They both have 100 also.

Julian
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Julian » 04 Aug 2004, 23:22

Cool, thanks for the replies!

I will check out those links Shawazoo, i was really surprised by the prices but seriously the music is so good i would be willing to shell out some extra cash.

Im really digging Franz Tornado, also Nuage.

Also Bore, i pmed you =)

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 05 Aug 2004, 05:35

Yay for Franz Tornado!!!! You picked a great one! Welcome to Eurobeat!!!