SEB 174

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Mar 2007, 11:22

Seeing how this topic strayed away from what it's really about, I'll post my late review for SEB 174.

1. Dave Rodgers- Make Up Your Mind
I might be alone on this, but I prefer this song to the original Wain L. It has everything yo do with Dave's vocals(that sound so fresh & clear) Muchlike He did with Aleph and on old Flea songs. Aside from that, add the wicked new synths and we got one of the best AbeatC songs on this cd.
8/10

2. Day after Day- Annalise
Awesome intro and killer synths really made me think a sure-fire hit when I first heard this, but as the bridge built up to the chorus, I could sense trouble. That is just what I got. The main chorus strays so far away from the rest of the song, that I was left with a feeling of nothing ,but confused. Still I can't help ,but to listen to that mini break in the middle, which gives the song a higher grade than it deserves.
7+/10

3. Time Force- Love Me In The Heat Of The Night
As far as I recall, this Time Force most powerful song to date. This and "Big Show" with Magnani vocals. Best song on this cd by my standards. The vocalist sounds different or maybe just the way he uses his tone, but it gives the song incredible energy. That plus classic Eurobeat hook make this Time force number one of my favorites of the new year. All it needed was a proper finish. Still I gotta say the Guys at TIME are wizards with the keyboards :D
10+/10

4. Caio Caio- Shadow In Your Smile
What I love about this cd is that AVEX managed to put my two favs side by side. Clasic Italo hook is first thing I notice about this mega hit. The vocal pitch is also slowed down a bit. A good developement at HRG studio. Hey, guess what ,The lyrics are also normal. Caio Caio has been a name popular since the old Asia label days and it's such a thrill for me to hear them. Last song I recall was Seventeen. Ah the intro of that song haunts me up to this date. Final words: Spectacular song from one of my fav Eurobeat labels.
10+/10

5. Mega NRG Man- Black Jack
Now I love MEGA NRG Man just like anybody else, but this song just doesn't do it for me. Can anybody guess why? It's those annoying synths ABeatC uses on some of thier new productions. They don't sound traditional Eurobeat at all :evil: Pity cause the rest of the song is half desent. I'll take "SEx All Over The Phone " anyday over this one. and what's up with that lame finish. Though this is not as bad as Powerful T.
6-/10

6. Kelly T.- Take Me To Heaven
Like I mentioned before ,AbeatC has two great songs on this cd. This being the best! Great intro with great synth hook...and all traditional instruments throughout the song. I like this girls voice. It's kinda inbetween Lollita and Norma Sheffield. Anyway the song does just that. Takes me to heaven.
9+/10

7. Phil & Linda- Into The Groove
After ditching Linda on Crazy & Ready, looks like he forgave her and takes her back. This is such a fresh track from my FAVS at TIME. So many special sounds throughout the song. Many that you would hear on a DISCO song. The Handclaps and Lasers are a real treat for me. Nayone who doesn't feel like dancing when they hear this one has got to be white :D See, White people can't dance. This opne is HOT HOT HOT. Thank you TIME!
10/10

8. Candy Taylor- Sweet Sixteen Girl
Powerful stuff from DELTA! I can't recall any other Candy Taylor right now, but this one sounds really great. Sounds like 90's TIME. Great all over. The Verses sound very Italo and her vocals sound very sexy(as far as Eurobeat girly vocals go). However the title should be "Hot Sixteen Girl"...and I would love to see this one performed live.
8/10

9. Christine feat. Elvis el Latino- Viva la Noche
I don't really have any complains about the song. Nice intro, beat and vocals. The main synths being my favorite part. I don't like the Elvis parts at all. Sounds like D.J. Goofy and he sounds like he should be singing Reagaton somewhere out there. His rap is pretty cool, but I hate the inserts he does after everyline she sings. Reminds me How the Prophet ruined a perfectly good Mako song. "Rock N Roll Emulation".
7+ for overall song, 5 for male vocals/10

10. Cherry- Please Forgive Me
It's gonna take me a while to forgive Clara for this mess. Elton John meets Celine Dion. The Verses and bridge go on unoticed and the chorus once ended just blows up in her face. This is not too cool from a great DELTA title. Still not as bad Power T.
5/10

11. Jungle Bill- Caterpiller Man
Yes! HRG Attack to save the day. Awesome intro. There are about five HRG synth hooks fused into one main them. Chaotic? Yes, but ever so remembering me of Italo hits gone by. Almost the same hook as "Baby Call Me Frankenstein" The song goes by pretty quick and that gives you just the more reason to hear it agian. Great Stuff from Live Music team.
10/10

12. Kassanova- You & Me Forever
When I first heard this, I thought it was gonna be the new Helena or Rose. Same romantic intros they use for thier female aliases. However this is a good thing, for only Kassanova can pull this off. Much like Corraini used to with Mike Freeman Titels back in 90's. Good old Italo hooks sound great on this track. Probobly one of Kassanovas best. Up there with "Passion & Love" and "Shame" See I do follow his trax.
8+/10

13. Paul Harris- Generation of love
This title almost got me thinking of the old Dave Simon mega hit "Generation". This one suffers from the same flaws Annalise song does. The Chorus strays from the overall feeling of the rest of the song. Great verses and extraordinary bridge, but the chorus sinks into those forgetable DELTA fill- ins. His vocals are tops and nice laser add-ins, but not enuff for a samsh hit.
7/10

14. Digital Planet- Today
I know there is at least one song I like from this title. Somthing about the Pet Shop Boys...I remember "West End Guy" That one was wicked.! I guess this one is pretty cool in the special effects it uses. His vocals are hot and the hook is bumping. O.K. I say another great AbeatC track. I actually hear the cd to make the review and I like this one more now. NICE!
8+/10

15. Helena- Melodies Of Love 2007
Great song as origuinal and great remake. L. Pernicci had his own bare sound, but now with Mr. Dall Ora adding in his special Eurobeat effects, I'm loving this song on a whole different level. Especially the third verse where the music is dropped in both the verse and first part of chorus. Nice powerful ending too.
10/10

16. Fastway- Rocking Hardcore
I was so exited to see new Fastway. as his songs are always so full of RAW energy. This one is good , but not Awesome. The beat is there, but the use of the synths weakens the power of the song. They sound like Pamsy syths and I'm not too keen on that. I really hope this is not the direction he is going into? I want my "Go Racing Go" back!
7/10

17. Nuage- Give Me Sign
I'm so convinced that Nuage will never again put out another "Let's Go Dee JaY". This is not very good for my ears. The Synths annoy me and the overall beat never changes. Boo Nuage.
6-/10

18. Powerful T- Into The Daylight
I'm so glad AVEX put this mess at the end of the cd. It makes it easy for me just to pop it out without ever listening to it. Really- It's barely listenable. Aside from the verses, this one is bad bad bad. It doesn't even sound like Eurobeat. Those annoying synths are back and I honostly don't even like his vocal picth. I hope ABeatC ditches this new keyboard they bought and goe back to traditional souning synths.
5-/10

Well, That's my review. I know the majority ABeatC slaves don't agree, but that's what I hear. I enjoyed the majority of the cd to the fullest extent. I just wish it would have ended better.

Best 5
1. Time Force
2. Caio Caio
3. Phil & Linda
4. Kelly T.
5. Jungle Bill

Stand out track: Dave Rodgers

worst tracks: anything 6 and under.

My recomendations:
ABeatC= ditch those Trans sounding synths.
SCP= Send Elvis El Latino to go sing Reagaton with Ricky Martin
DELTA= Write a hit for Cherry.
HRG Attack= A compliment. More songs with Italo hooks and slowed down female vocals.
TIME= Nothing. You guys are perfect! :D

AVEX= reinstate Saifam!

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 13 Mar 2007, 11:54

What's up with "Into the Daylight" from Poweful T.?? Sure, it's not his best song, but it certanly doesn't deserve a 5-/10 IMO.

The song is typical for Powerful T.s vocals and has maybe a too bombastic feel to it where it shouldn't have had. It's still a great motivational song with a good synth-riff, though not really inspiring, and it has a good balance.

Still, it doesn't get any near "Over the Rainbow"... :wink:
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Mar 2007, 11:59

Toni wrote:.
What's up with "Into the Daylight" from Poweful T.?? Sure, it's not his best song, but it certanly doesn't deserve a 5-/10 IMO

Like I said ,he just isn't one of my favs at AbeatC. I think I like one song: "I Feel Wild"? I think that is the title. Also those "Transy" sounding synths suck to the highest power! :lol: Dave is awesome though? Don't you think?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Mar 2007, 12:01

Agh! I really screwed up that last post. Looks like I'm quoting myself. :evil:

Toni
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Toni » 14 Mar 2007, 12:01

Use the "EDIT" button ;)
I'm on the Road Again - Powerful T.

CheeseCake! Studio
Toni Productions

Currently working on: Mega NRG Team 3