SEB 178 & Euro Walker/Love Euro

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 08 Apr 2007, 00:28

lightsol wrote: Me Dancing Para Para:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu_XbGZmmUE
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Avex Entertainment, Inc. :(
- De apibus semper dubitandum est
(You never know about bees)

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 08 Apr 2007, 01:16

As Qbert would say, "%$!*&"

It was a great video too... well of course I still HAVE it... I'll have to upload it to my server or something. *sigh*
How petty.

Thanks for letting me know!!

- the Para Paraless
ps ignore my signature; it lies now!
~ LightSol ~
<b><i>nR Element has had "So Curious" signed to Akyr!</b></i>
- original eurobeat and eurodance tracks & covers
- final fantasy and video game remixes
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com
www.myspace.com/nrelement</b>

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 08 Apr 2007, 01:22

lightsol wrote:As Qbert would say, "%$!*&"

It was a great video too... well of course I still HAVE it... I'll have to upload it to my server or something. *sigh*
How petty.

Thanks for letting me know!!

- the Para Paraless
ps ignore my signature; it lies now!
Well you can call it petty of course, but I still understand Avex. I don't think they mind your particular video, but occasionally they just gotta go out and play tough, otherwise people will get the idea that you can easily push Avex around.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 08 Apr 2007, 01:50

Yeah... AVEX hit youtube HARD with all the parapara videos... ;_; They really took d-tan for a spin with her youtube account(s). :( When they finally reached me they took down my PPNine complations I uploaded, but for some reason left I Wanna Be Fat alone... I guess they thought the video was just too uber to take off the interweb. XD

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 08 Apr 2007, 01:58

Nine wrote:Yeah... AVEX hit youtube HARD with all the parapara videos... ;_; They really took d-tan for a spin with her youtube account(s). :( When they finally reached me they took down my PPNine complations I uploaded, but for some reason left I Wanna Be Fat alone... I guess they thought the video was just too uber to take off the interweb. XD
Amen :\ but I guess they gotta do what they gotta do to survive and such (though somehow, one can't stop wonder if the whole youtube parapara stuff hasn't been profitable for them).

Personally, I just had to go double check on the national/international laws on copyright once more, for the very-secret-project-thing (you know the one!), but I can sleep sound tonight ^_^ (or well, not really since we got all 10 current Eurobeat labels looking at our proposal right now xD)

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 08 Apr 2007, 02:04

They seem to be really inconsistent with the removal of videos though... as it was obvious they were scanning videos by an account basis (according to the actions taken against some people in the parapara community) ...why did they overlook the video of vicky and i parapara dancing to I wanna be fat and the video from 150 i have up there for dave and domino's music video? It makes no sense, but I guess they have their ways of doing things. *shrugs* lol

Humbedooh
Forum Cow

Post by Humbedooh » 08 Apr 2007, 02:10

Nine wrote:They seem to be really inconsistent with the removal of videos though... as it was obvious they were scanning videos by an account basis (according to the actions taken against some people in the parapara community) ...why did they overlook the video of vicky and i parapara dancing to I wanna be fat and the video from 150 i have up there for dave and domino's music video? It makes no sense, but I guess they have their ways of doing things. *shrugs* lol
Well, from the world of business economics (from which I hail!), it's nothing more than a simple transaction cost strategy, nothing personal and probably not consistent either. All they wanna do with this is show that they are looking out for their corner of the market, and they are prepared to fight for it. It scares off potential competitors and maybe lowers the rate of downloaded Eurobeat music for a while, as well as make some people with eurobeat stuff pull it back from persay youtube and such (so they won't have to spend time doing it), and that's...pretty much what they wanna do~

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 08 Apr 2007, 03:36

Hmm but in cases like mine... I'm just dancing as a fan to para music... I made the video myself. The music is in the background but it wasn't particularly high quality.

It just seems to destroy the spreading of something that is rare and difficult to find here...

No one is going to not buy a SEB because they can stream record a crappy video version of a song... seriously... at least not people...

I think they are putting a nail in their US market coffin, personally.
~ LightSol ~
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 08 Apr 2007, 09:06

There use to be some user on YouTube that would upload full SEB albums, track per track up on youtube - in the best quality that could be handled by youtube, with horribly edited video from all different sorts of media with no relation to the song and labeled it as a music video. It was an obvious attempt of piracy (in my eyes) and I firmly believe that's why Avex started pulling the majority of stuff from the site. :(

lightsol
Eurobeat Boom

Post by lightsol » 08 Apr 2007, 16:12

Now that SHOULD be removed. It's the classic example of how one person can mess things up for everyone.
~ LightSol ~
- anime and Jpop remixes
<b> www.nrelement.com

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 10 Apr 2007, 23:48

Speak of the devil...
Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Avex Entertainment, Inc. claiming that this material is infringing:

Dave & Domino - Sunshine In Your Eyes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJY19ss-Bw
Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Avex Entertainment, Inc. claiming that this material is infringing:

Go Go Girls / I Wanna Be Fat (NS? Para Para): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j85SjwwFdks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:C

I bet Avex reads Eurobeat Prime seeing this happened after the fact I wrote about it. :P

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 11 Apr 2007, 08:23

They should be happy Eurobeat gets any publicity in the west at all!

d-tan
Eurobeat Fan

Post by d-tan » 13 Apr 2007, 22:51

Nine wrote:Yeah... AVEX hit youtube HARD with all the parapara videos... ;_; They really took d-tan for a spin with her youtube account(s). :(
Yep, banning of 2 accounts AND getting kicked out of entering velfarre's CLOSING. Either way, got REALLY pissed and thats why I made my collections of avex music stuff videos :(

and I'm pretty sure the avex person who is taking down these videos is Mr. art Matsuno (or art Mission, for people who follow TechPara and Hyper Techno). He stalks my mixi page sometimes and a stupid person posted their YouTube videos on a community that art is a member of, and the next day they were down ^0^;;

I write to them telling them that it's not our intentions to do Copyright infringement, but of course avex doesn't give a crap what we think ;) It's also unfortunate for us that all of the *real* ParaPara dancers who work for avex enjoy the YouTube videos, but play no part in the decision that avex makes there...
I WANT YOUR AVEX POINTS!!!!11
Super Euro Power Hour

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 05 May 2007, 19:48

DJ Mike TJG wrote:They should be happy Eurobeat gets any publicity in the west at all!
Exactly! Not to mention that they should put out more, BETTER Eurobeat in the iTunes USA store than the J-Euro acts that hardly anyone knows about (globe anyone?). Avex is kind'a trampling whatever ground they could have to advertise Eurobeat in the States or elsewhere.
I'm surprised they haven't yoinked every Parapara video on Youtube as it is.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 06 May 2007, 02:50

Why don't you just upload a song with video that AVEX doesn't have the rights to. They can't have rights to evry single Eurobeat song ever published? Can they :?