How does one learn a full routine... (Absolute beginner..)

Wave your arms from side to side, do the parapara all!
KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

How does one learn a full routine... (Absolute beginner..)

Post by KitsuneStar » 20 May 2007, 23:57

...when all videos on the net are only up to the first verse?

I know, I know... "buy DVDs from Japan."

Argh, ParaPara is incredibly intimidating.... I have about 6 weeks to teach myself a couple routines for a desperate attention grab coming up, and I've never done this kind of thing in my life...

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 21 May 2007, 03:51

By watching the videos over and over, the routine just repeats itself second time around (with a few exceptions).

If you have a Parapara Paradise 2nd Mix machine near you, try out the Lesson function. It will teach you the routines piece-by-piece, the same technique I use when teaching parapara at an anime convention I go to. Just do it slowly, and go over it several times. And if you need some direction, learn the ones that got in the arcade first, cause they tend to have simpler routines that use the basic moves over and over, to get them down.

KitsuneStar
Eurobeat Fan

Post by KitsuneStar » 21 May 2007, 04:18

Mikaeru wrote:By watching the videos over and over, the routine just repeats itself second time around (with a few exceptions).

If you have a Parapara Paradise 2nd Mix machine near you, try out the Lesson function. It will teach you the routines piece-by-piece, the same technique I use when teaching parapara at an anime convention I go to. Just do it slowly, and go over it several times. And if you need some direction, learn the ones that got in the arcade first, cause they tend to have simpler routines that use the basic moves over and over, to get them down.
I don't. There isn't an arcade with ANY Konami music games within 25 (or possibly more) miles of me with the exception of one DDR Supernova machine that may or may not still be around.

The other thing is that those 1:30 long videos don't have the intro or bridges of songs, so how am I supposed to know what to do during those parts?

If any AIM users could help me, please send me a message at some point.

MaxXRage
Eurobeat Fan

Re: How does one learn a full routine... (Absolute beginner.

Post by MaxXRage » 04 Jun 2007, 21:35

KitsuneStar wrote:...when all videos on the net are only up to the first verse?
I would say that's because the clubs in Japan (with exception Twinstar(closed)) play only the first verse of the song so they can play more than 500+ music in one night (since they almost end with 1:30min.) =P

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 04 Jun 2007, 22:08

KitsuneStar wrote: The other thing is that those 1:30 long videos don't have the intro or bridges of songs, so how am I supposed to know what to do during those parts?
I'm fairly sure you mean the pre-intro.

In terms of strict officiality, there are only four parts to every dance. The intro, (4 bars) the a-melo (4 bars) the b-melo (4 bars) and the sabi (or 'chorus', 8 bars), after which the intro (or 'endtro' if you will, 4 bars) is usually repeated.

Some routines include material outside this realm, for instance a special pre-intro or finish or an alternate moveset for a song's alternate melo (or c-melo). If it's pertinent to the routine, you'll usually see it in its respective video.

Most videos online that are available, hover around the 1:30 range because that section contains all that you'd need in order to perform the major portions of the full song, if that's your intent.

I think it comes down to the point that your average eurobeat tune is around four minutes (if we're not talking extended mixes or megamix rips) and performing full song after full song would get quite tiring and also quite repetetive, since most songs re-use sections quite a few times.

There's also a megamix factor... if you're performing from a set mix of songs, I'm sure it'd be much more palatable for everyone involved if you used fifteen 1:30 songs instead of fifteen 4:00 songs.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Yusu
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Yusu » 04 Jul 2007, 00:46

that's true =)

listen a little of super eurobeat and move your feets making a step, starting to the right, never to the left...and so the rest is learn the coreography or create a original coreo =)

and remember...the song it's Intro-Amelo-Bmelo-Sabi-Intro, then when you listen more eurobeat you'll gonna find the sabi or the intro for any song in just a second ;)

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 06 Jul 2007, 02:50

Yusu wrote: never to the left...
Not true. :P

Rare, though.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

Yusu
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Yusu » 07 Jul 2007, 02:36

very rare ;)

Natsumi
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Natsumi » 31 Jul 2007, 22:08

like they said before, just watch te video over and over =9

like me xD

find videos in youtube =9

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Re: How does one learn a full routine... (Absolute beginner.

Post by Densetsu13 » 04 Aug 2007, 02:12

MaxXRage wrote:
KitsuneStar wrote:...when all videos on the net are only up to the first verse?
I would say that's because the clubs in Japan (with exception Twinstar(closed)) play only the first verse of the song so they can play more than 500+ music in one night (since they almost end with 1:30min.) =P
Also because in the majority of routines the choreography just cycles after the sabi. Some dances are the exception to this rule of course :wink: .

I found that when I first started to para learning a song part by part and then joining it all together was easiest, and I still do that to this day whenever I can't get a particular part or a dance is hard. Once I got better I would just do the dance over and over until I got it (mostly because I was too lazy to go and move the video back to the beginning of whatever part I was learning :P ).

The more experience you get the easier it will become and you will start to notice that you can just follow along with vids you've never seen before and sometimes even be able to learn a dance in one playthrough. :)

VoDkA64
Bad Bad Bad

Post by VoDkA64 » 14 Feb 2009, 00:07

It's wierd because I was confused about a routine (The hand movements in Number One - Fastway) and I asked my Japanese friend. She learned it instantly.

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 17 Feb 2009, 08:15

Yeah, it's like chess - after some time you learn the patterns and to predict what's next. Of course, this doesn't work all the time but it still makes learning a lot faster when you can concentrate straight away on the more difficult parts.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher