Super Eurobeat 186

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 29 Mar 2008, 07:34

Niko and Mark Farina are my favorites so far based on the samples. Certainly getting those from Mumo when they are released.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 29 Mar 2008, 08:09

MKwiakaku wrote:
Wataru Akiyama wrote:every time I see Kitsune's sig I go

Me too. Me too. ):
:o brotheeeeeeeeer

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 29 Mar 2008, 12:53

Samples are on the whole "meh". Only Rock & Roll interested me. Poor showing all-round. :(

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 29 Mar 2008, 15:51

the_ditz wrote:Samples are on the whole "meh". Only Rock & Roll interested me. Poor showing all-round. :(
Wow, this trend never ends for you, does it? :o

(not that I was expecting you to be impressed after having listened to these myself)

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 29 Mar 2008, 16:36

Actually, I'm of a similar mind - nothing aside from Saifam's single song actually excited me on this album, which was the same vibe I got from 185. However on that album My Oh My turned out to be a sleeper hit for me (and it was pretty much the only one in the end), so maybe there'll be more to these songs that the samples don't do justice.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 29 Mar 2008, 17:13

I completely agree with DJ Mike TJG above. I'm just permanently disappointed by the song samples nowadays - while during the 160's and 170's, there were at least 4 tracks that I could say "Wow, that sounds awesome", all these tracks (besides Rock & Roll) lack energy and presence.

184 was amazing, with Super Rider, My Sweet Forever, Yes I Will, Full Metal Cars, Everybody Shake, Never Gonna Give Up and a couple more really standing out from the bland, generic, old-fashioned rubbish that Avex seems to keep pumping out nowadays.

*goes off to listen to the LED extended albums from iTunes - 1,000,000 times more interesting than this collection*

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 29 Mar 2008, 17:23

Wow, I Love My Dog is so unbelieveably cute.

It's so... saccharine :D

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 Mar 2008, 19:58

Densetsu13 wrote:Wow, I Love My Dog is so unbelieveably cute.

It's so... saccharine :D
You mean "I hate my dog"...
I don't like the song for 5¢
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 29 Mar 2008, 20:27

the_ditz wrote:I completely agree with DJ Mike TJG above. I'm just permanently disappointed by the song samples nowadays - while during the 160's and 170's, there were at least 4 tracks that I could say "Wow, that sounds awesome", all these tracks (besides Rock & Roll) lack energy and presence.

184 was amazing, with Super Rider, My Sweet Forever, Yes I Will, Full Metal Cars, Everybody Shake, Never Gonna Give Up and a couple more really standing out from the bland, generic, old-fashioned rubbish that Avex seems to keep pumping out nowadays.

*goes off to listen to the LED extended albums from iTunes - 1,000,000 times more interesting than this collection*
Well looking back, I overall agree with the_ditz. While I'm not quite as bored out by the newer Avex releases as he probably is, I think the 160's and 170's were better overall. 182 is really the only album that I truly love this decade, the rest of them are alright, but lack originality and get tiring very quickly (especially 185).

While Delta and Hi-NRG Attack still seem on top of their game overall, I've been VERY, VERY disappointed by A-Beat C and SCP. Since 176, A-Beat C has just been repetitive and lacking the punch to keep up with everyone else, even their attempts to be stronger have come off badly (mainly the King & Queen and Mega NRG Man releases). SCP imo is just really bored now and have not been producing anything truly exciting as they were during their first few decades with Super Eurobeat; their fondness over dull trance and quickly fading originality for their male performances has caused me to pin them as my new least favorite label aside from A-Beat C.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 29 Mar 2008, 23:48

#Infinity, do you honestly think productions like "Spin Spin Baby", "Kiss Me Now", "Back In Danger" and "Happy Snappy Valentine" are HRG at the top of their game, as you claim? Judging by what I've read from different people, HRG is lackluster at best and could be performing so much better. I enjoyed their 170's productions a LOT more.
Last edited by Jay on 29 Mar 2008, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Mar 2008, 23:52

I disagree on SCP becoming dull. Thier selections on 186 sound bad(samplewise) but it hasn't even been long since 182. thier songs on that were great. "Love Is the Name...,Everlasting Love, Overdrive". 181 had "I'm Alive" one of thier best ever and 184 had "Imagine" and 183 had "Burn...". I actually think they have become better...and I've never really been a huge fan per say. I will say, that if they resort to silliness of 185 and what could be 186, then they might fall down again in rank.

The rest of the labels have been doing great, esp Delta and HRG Attack. TIME is super and there isn't a higher rank than that and ABeatC still have 3 out of 5 good songs per cd.

IMOP, this newest cd samples seem to follow the same so-so path and they don't sound to be a worthy way to closeout the 18 track format that SEB has followed all this TIME. I expected this one to blow me away with AVEX showcasing the best from the current dominant labels. I really expected some new Go2, Mr. M,(great) Mega NRG Man,Daniel ect... You know; the best of the best. With 3 new labels added on this really would have been the final chance for them to shine, because the competition is about to become fierce 8)

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 Mar 2008, 00:55

Jay wrote:#Infinity, do you honestly think productions like "Spin Spin Baby", "Kiss Me Now", "Back In Danger" and "Happy Snappy Valentine" are HRG at the top of their game, as you claim? Judging by what I've read from different people, HRG is lackluster at best and could be performing so much better. I enjoyed their 170's productions a LOT more.
I do like Back In Danger and Happy Snappy Valentine even though I don't care for the other 2. The label's still pretty much at the same, sturdy level as ever for me.

SCP has mainly been average for me as of late. They used to be EXTREMELY high quality, now they either produce either fairly strong hits or bland, watery material.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 30 Mar 2008, 01:29

Interestingly, for me thus far, SCP has come out the strongest in this decade. If I consider the songs that I've really enjoyed:

A-Beat C:
Nuage / My Blue Sky [SEB 181]
King & Queen / Speedy Runner [SEB 182]

Delta:
Cherry / Set Me Free [SEB 182]
Mark Astley / Super Rider [SEB 184]
Cherry / Yes I Will [SEB 184]
Kimmy / My Oh My [SEB 185]
Cody / Final Destination [SEB 185]

GGM:
Lolita / Goodnight Kiss [SEB 183]

Hi-NRG:
Maddy Layne / Lovers In The Night [SEB 181]
Louise / You Kiss My Lover [SEB 183]

SCP:
Go 2 & Christine / Blood On Fire [SEB 181]
Jay Lehr / I'm Alive [SEB 181]
Irene / Love Is The Name Of Love [SEB 182]
Melissa White / Everlasting Fire [SEB 182]
Dusty / The Lovebite [SEB 183]
Pamsy / I Feel Emotions [SEB 183]
Nick Mansell / Burn Into The Beat [SEB 183]
Pamsy / My Sweet Forever [SEB 184]
Kiki & Fancy / Pararappa Dance [SEB 185]

Time:
Magika / Planet Love [SEB 182]
Miky MC / Because You Live [SEB 182]
Jacky'O / Night Fighter [SEB 183]
Annie / No Borders [SEB 184]

That's a remarkable chunk weighted in SCP's favour. This also shows that the decade seems to have peaked at 183 for me, with a downward trend since then. I'm hoping the decade can at least peak again before the end, but 186 isn't helping to cement that wish...

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 30 Mar 2008, 05:35

#Infinity wrote:Well looking back, I overall agree with the_ditz. While I'm not quite as bored out by the newer Avex releases as he probably is, I think the 160's and 170's were better overall. 182 is really the only album that I truly love this decade, the rest of them are alright, but lack originality and get tiring very quickly (especially 185).

While Delta and Hi-NRG Attack still seem on top of their game overall, I've been VERY, VERY disappointed by A-Beat C and SCP. Since 176, A-Beat C has just been repetitive and lacking the punch to keep up with everyone else, even their attempts to be stronger have come off badly (mainly the King & Queen and Mega NRG Man releases). SCP imo is just really bored now and have not been producing anything truly exciting as they were during their first few decades with Super Eurobeat; their fondness over dull trance and quickly fading originality for their male performances has caused me to pin them as my new least favorite label aside from A-Beat C.
You see, I'm at the complete opposite. I love how the 180's are right now. The worst albums were 183 and 185 but not by much. A-Beat-C, though, I do agree that they are actually bad. They have the fillers on the albums habitually. Delta is kickass since 181 (Yes, I removed what I said earlier). Hi-NRG Attack is... good and bad (opposites...) and SCP is pretty good. Time is so-so, few hits on the way. Well, I'm only liking it right now.

I hear that
Jayveemon on IDW wrote:From my understanding, I Love My Dog was never intended to be a serious track but a gag track and SCP was surprised Avex even licensed it.
LOL
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 Mar 2008, 06:12

Lebon14
I hear that
Jayveemon on IDW wrote:
From my understanding, I Love My Dog was never intended to be a serious track but a gag track and SCP was surprised Avex even licensed it.

LOL
It seems that lately AVEX is on crack. There desicions have not been good. (insert your example) You know mine :-x