LED on Itunes

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Apr 2008, 23:50

DJ Mike TJG
The downside is that the Juno releases are just like Hi-NRG Attack's releases - they're vinyl-style releases with all the extra trimmings like the acapellas, instrumentals, etc. Great if you're into DJing/remixing this stuff, but probably for the devoted only given the price. Probably best stick with iTunes for the most part if you're just after loads of different tunes.
Not too sure what the point is, but you can purchase the Juno songs in parts. I just get the actual song, without the trimmings. You can also choose the quality of recording too.

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 02 Apr 2008, 23:54

drnrg wrote:Not too sure what the point is, but you can purchase the Juno songs in parts. I just get the actual song, without the trimmings. You can also choose the quality of recording too.
The point is that they're still expensive compared to iTunes - 99p for one track at lower quality than iTunes, or £1.99/£2.09 for other tracks if you go up to WAV quality. There's no discount for mixing and matching between releases - you have to buy a whole "release" (i.e. all the versions of a single song) to get any kind of discount. But by all means there are songs on Juno that haven't made it to iTunes yet, so fair dos! :)

DJ Mike TJG
Eurohero

Post by DJ Mike TJG » 03 Apr 2008, 14:08

Well, they're up to 181 releases now, and more significantly they've released the *dance* remix version of Betty Blue's Changes:

Betty Blue - Changes (Remixes)

This one's actually a really cool mix - think I even prefer it to the Eurobeat version!

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 05 Apr 2008, 05:31

Why Don't You by Jimmy Bravo is a really interesting track - after considering the production elements, I think it was actually partially created by someone from Hi-NRG Attack! Does anyone else notice this? It's quite a strong performance, rather different from anything else in the Vibration catalogue, and to me feels like a 1998 HRG release with a bit of LED flair to it.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 20 Apr 2008, 07:12

Coverland Serie on Itunes

Come On Feel the Ecstasy / John Desire
God of Romance / Judy Crystal
Hot Limit / John Desire
Sunrise Nippon / Eurobeat Lovers
Exotic Japan/ John Desire
Over the Time / Eurobeat Lovers
Poison / Elisa
Love Shines a Light/ Elisa
Uptown Girl/ American Dream
Y.M.C.A. / Pop Angels
Zoom Zoom Zoom / Rasta & Pasta

Not sure when it was uploaded, but grab it for some good covers. (Poison of course is the best one up there :grin: )
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 20 Apr 2008, 20:34

If Din Don Dan is on Coverland, and is not a cover of the other Eurobeat song of the same name(Suzy Lazy), what is it of?
The Nolans - I'm in the Mood for Dancing was also covered by Sharon and appeared in DDR, what label was she on?
Last edited by wolftickets1969 on 20 Apr 2008, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 20 Apr 2008, 20:37

Is Master Blaster really LED? Not Eurobeat of course. Didn't know that, or that Dial My Number was a cover.
Last edited by wolftickets1969 on 21 Apr 2008, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 20 Apr 2008, 20:54

valiant wrote:Coverland Serie on Itunes

Come On Feel the Ecstasy / John Desire
God of Romance / Judy Crystal
Hot Limit / John Desire
Sunrise Nippon / Eurobeat Lovers
Exotic Japan/ John Desire
Over the Time / Eurobeat Lovers
Poison / Elisa
Love Shines a Light/ Elisa
Uptown Girl/ American Dream
Y.M.C.A. / Pop Angels
Zoom Zoom Zoom / Rasta & Pasta

Not sure when it was uploaded, but grab it for some good covers. (Poison of course is the best one up there :grin: )
Woooo, POISON!!!

And can I just ask? Why was the song Over The Time called Yozora no Muko in DDR? Was it to cater for the Japanese audience? Surely they would've been disappointed to hear English language vocals with a Japanese title? Who knows what goes on in Konami's head sometimes...

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 20 Apr 2008, 20:58

Coverland=a shitload of crap. Ok there are some diamonds in this pile of dirt, but you've let us down this time LED.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 21 Apr 2008, 03:03

wolftickets1969 wrote:Coverland=a sh*tload of crap. Ok there are some diamonds in this pile of dirt, but you've let us down this time LED.
Well, consider the two approaches one can really go down in terms of music production:

* Produce a few, hopefully "good" tracks and hope those do well, or
* Produce gajillions of tracks and hope one of them takes off on their own.

LED just takes to the latter. Some good stuff, some bunk. It happens to the best of us, LED just has MORE chances to produce bunk because it produces a LOT.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 21 Apr 2008, 09:48

The only song I'm familiar with is the Alice Cooper cover,. From the titles alone, I don't think I'm really missing anything, but I'm not 100% on that either.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 21 Apr 2008, 15:19

drnrg wrote:The only song I'm familiar with is the Alice Cooper cover,. From the titles alone, I don't think I'm really missing anything, but I'm not 100% on that either.
Coverland vol. 5 is the best IMO, so check out those ones ;)

omega666
Eurocurious

Post by omega666 » 21 Apr 2008, 16:27

zoupzuop2 wrote:
wolftickets1969 wrote:Coverland=a sh*tload of crap. Ok there are some diamonds in this pile of dirt, but you've let us down this time LED.
Well, consider the two approaches one can really go down in terms of music production:

* Produce a few, hopefully "good" tracks and hope those do well, or
* Produce gajillions of tracks and hope one of them takes off on their own.

LED just takes to the latter. Some good stuff, some bunk. It happens to the best of us, LED just has MORE chances to produce bunk because it produces a LOT.
Let's not forget that EMI commissioned LED for a bunch of covers for the Happy Paradise and Dancemania Speed series.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 29 Apr 2008, 04:44

Recently bought "Sunshine In Your Eyes"... for some reason, I'm blown away at just how CLASSY this song is. I could pour wine to this song and people wouldn't find it inappropriate! Smooth, easygoing, tasteful... and the GUITAR~! Exquisite!

Y'know... I may just make a compilation CD of "Calmer Eurobeat" for roadtrips, studying, or <strike>seducing</strike> getting acquainted with a cute girl.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 29 Apr 2008, 06:37

omega666
Let's not forget that EMI commissioned LED for a bunch of covers for the Happy Paradise and Dancemania Speed series.
With names like Happy Paradise and Dance Mania Speed, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't approve of most of those songs.
:P