Super Eurobeat 188

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 May 2008, 05:58

Tiddles
ONE NIGHT IN TOKYO
(S.DALL'ORA - L.DEGANI)
That's from Alexis.

Tiddles
SUSPIRIA / VAMPS
Is this song Eurobeat? It sounds really cool. :grin:

Tiger
Master of Time

Post by Tiger » 28 May 2008, 06:32

drnrg wrote:11.
SUSPIRIA / VAMPS

Is this song Eurobeat? It sounds really cool. :grin:
No, Hyper Techno from SinclaireStyle.

Tiddles, Spitfire and One Night In Tokyo are just opening and ending credit songs and Tsundere Night is already on Chozen ParaPara!! Presents 9LoveJ Super Collection, so it isn't new on that DVD.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 May 2008, 09:14

Tiger
No, Hyper Techno from SinclaireStyle
Just one more reason why I don't other cds other than SEB :|

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 29 May 2008, 22:32

SEB 188's page is up on mu-mo... but not the samples... but they are close... I sense it.
http://mu-mo.net/id/eurobeat/discograph ... 10188.html
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 30 May 2008, 04:24

They are up, not on the website, but the other method we know and love:

http://www.avexnet.or.jp/avexdb/supereu ... 88_001.asx

and so on.

Queen of Mean is quite solid, I am loving it. Sounds like good ol 140s era SCP style. Already like this vocalist (Though he is definitely a far cry from Fastway haha...)

I am really digging Time's Perfect Hero.
"I AM SUPER HERO! MAGIC WARRIOR FULL OF LOVING!!!"

Hearing a bit of Race Queen, I already know a lot of people will love it. Not a huge fan of it but I would have to hear the entire track.

Dj Nrg's Go Go Champion is a true winner here. It is very difficult to imagine Abeat coming up with this gem lately. :)

I already know the Tsundere Night will be the top of the record for me. :wink:
Dima: The God of Eurobeat

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 May 2008, 05:13

Ugh, the samples no longer cover the entire chorus + sabi anymore... :(

IMPRESSIONS:

1. Queen Of Mean / The Snake: Great chorus, very rock-like and better than Speed Of Light imo. Would prefer a synth over a guitar during the sabi.

2. Tokyo Tonight / Mark & Roby: Had this since February. One of the better male Saifam releases to date - the addition of Roby Adruini makes it stand out from everything else Mauro Farina has done.

3. Spirit Of The Night / Daniel: Wow, I like this one a lot. Really loyal to Delta's roots; chorus is awesome and the synth sounds interesting.

4. Race Queen / Giorgia V.: Excellent. GGM finally gets another really good song that lives up to their top-notch production techniques. Really lovable, and by far one of their better tracks of the 180's decade.

5. A Perfect Hero / Chris Stanton: One of Time's more italo-inspired offerings. A nice track, but for some reason I feel that it's missing something.

6. Nothing About Me Baby / Irene: An average female SCP faire. Vocals remind me a lot of Elena Gobbi, but overall this track is nothing special compared to Irene's other songs. Good, but not as much as I was hoping for.

7. Do You Really Wanna Love Me / Norma Sheffield: Actually pretty good for Norma Sheffield, but the singing is still very tired.

8. Anyway, Anymore / Cherry: Not as energetic as Cherry's other most recent performances, but already owning this track, I still really enjoy it a lot. It's typical Clara, and typical Clara still means quality in every way.

9. Run And Run / Leslie Hammond: Wow. Song itself is excellent, but the vocals just ruin it. HRG - you don't need to hype up your girls all the time just because you're marketing to a Japanese audience; most of the other labels avoid it completely, as it just doesn't really fit the song most of the time.

10. Up & Down Spin Me Like A Record / Mega NRG Man: Doesn't really grab my attention at all. Not an abomination like People Like Dancing, but still just completely tasteless. Another "meh" impression for me.

11. GO GO CHAMPION / DJ NRG: Welcome back, Gianni Coraini! Much better than the other 2 offerings from A-Beat C - catchy and fairly well-produced. Not a favorite of mine, but still quite nice.

12. Tsundere Night / David Dima: Trancier than I expected, but for the better - makes the song stand out from everything Dima has done in the past and thus doesn't sound like a rehash. Beautiful and quite "regal" imo.

13. Power Of Loving You / Sandy: Not as impressed by this as Move On Now Baby, but hey, I quite love SinclaireStlye now, so even though it's a pretty standard track on its own, the sounds and production make it stand out really nicely.

THE STANDOUTS:
- Queen Of Mean / The Snake
- Tokyo Tonight / Mark & Roby
- Spirit Of The Night / Daniel
- Race Queen / Giorgia V.
- Anyway, Anymore / Cherry
- Go Go Champion / DJ NRG
- Tsundere Night / David Dima
- Power Of Loving You / Sandy

THE OKAY:
- A Perfect Hero / Chris Stanton
- Nothing About Me Baby / Irene
- Run And Run / Leslie Hammond

THE LAME:
- Do You Really Wanna Love Me / Norma Sheffield
- Up & Down Spin Me Like A Record

Overall, I think this compilation sounds quite good. It probably won't live up to the ranks of 187, but I reckon it's still definitely one of the better releases of the 180's decade.
Last edited by #Infinity on 30 May 2008, 07:05, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 May 2008, 05:40

Queen of Mean: OH. MY. GOSH. I think I just ruptured a ball over the sheer awesome of this track. Even if the sabi is guitar, I just don't care. It's... it's sex in music. I. WILL. Buy this track when it comes out.

Tokyo Tonight: SAIFAM, you can always tell. It's... it's fun. The sabi doesn't sound like the old, Boring SAIFAM, which I appreciate. Me gusta mucho. :3 (BTW, just for clearing-up, I refer to just about all sub-records of SAIFAM as SAIFAM.)

Spirit Of The Night: Daniel's really coming into his own, no? Sounds like Newfield's older fare, in a good way. I like the sabi, or at least what little of it I could hear.

Race Queen: GGM delivers, and I gott'a say, Giorgia has a voice that could market to a few countries. GGM's sabi sound choices sort'a suffer for me, but I think I'll like it on this one.

A Perfect Hero: Something about Time vocalists where I can just tell... Sabi is just sort'a boring. A bit of a skip for me. Not BAD, but not really great.

Nothing About Me Baby: Agreed that it sounds like Gobbi... it's juuuust above "meh". It's like, "cool, that's a nice track", then you move on. 'least, that's what I did.

Do You Really Wanna Love Me: Um, I thought she was gone...? Anyway, yeah, the singing is a bit tired, but then again, I suppose we should consider the age of the vocalist? Sabi sounds too aishu (sp?) for me. Sorry, ABeatC. Not bad, but not good.

Anyway, Anymore: Um, I thought this track was older than this recent? Anyway (anymore?), it's good, solid Delta like we've all expected. Nothing super-nutso-awesome about it, but it's goooood.

Run & Run: I really really really hate when they pitch the vocals like this. Just... yuck. In fact, the sabi isn't great either. What happened, Accatino, Rimonti, Festari? Don't tell me you've run out of juice yet!!

Up & Down Spin Me Like A Record: While I try to remain supportive of ABeatC, this song just really doesn't sound good. Sounds sparse, sabi sound choice is poor... No dice. Not good. Sorry.

Go Champion: Ohhhhh yeah. THIS is where it's at, man. Corianni (sp?) really came back with a boom boom, even though the synth sound isn't all that good. A good sample, just above middlin'.

Tsundere Night: Eeheehee... Dima always delivers. How the hell does he keep his voice after all these years? Typical Dima faire, which IS a good thing. Imma grab this one too, even if just to laugh at just how much it's going to be raped by AMV makers.

Power of Loving You: HERE's the Sinclairestyle song. I must say, Sinclaire still has some soundworld developing to do. Still some altogether nice work; a lot of the Eurobeat coming out of SS that I've played seems to go well with non-Eurobeat fans, and this one seems like it'll be no exception. I... will most likely pick this one up.

This SEB seems a bit disappointing compared to how SEB 187 turned out, but then again, we haven't had any absolute disasters of tracks; the worst song for me was sort of a "meh-not-quite", not a "GOOD GOD NO". Looking forward to:
QUEEN OF MEAN
TOKYO TONIGHT
SPIRIT OF THE NIGHT
RACE QUEEN
ANYWAY ANYMORE
GO CHAMPION
TSUNDERE NIGHT
POWER OF LOVING YOU

...that's a lot of good tracks, man. 0_o More than half.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Shinji-kun[NGE]
Euro To B

Post by Shinji-kun[NGE] » 30 May 2008, 05:41

A Perfect Hero / Chris Stanton sounds even better then previous TIME hit Run Away/ Dany, I must say that Run Away was the best song from TIME for a long TIME, but this... I guess it is total masterpiece. :grin:

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 30 May 2008, 06:09

zoupzuop2 wrote:Nothing About Me Baby: Agreed that it sounds like Gobbi... it's juuuust above "meh". It's like, "cool, that's a nice track", then you move on. 'least, that's what I did.
That's basically how I feel towards every Irene track. I haven't heard her sing something mindblowing; she's just filler material to toss in when Pamsy and Christine are getting old.

It's really disappointing to see what's become of Mega NRG Man too.

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 30 May 2008, 06:45

zoupzuop2 wrote:* Impressions *
Wow, pretty funny - our thoughts about this album are pretty much exactly the same! :D
ImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 30 May 2008, 07:11

Y'know... I just thought of something. The Snake really brought this thought on.

Very few exceptions to this rule: Good things happen when Eurobeat and Metal have sex. (No, not "combine", not "fuse"... the only word to describe that beautiful power is "have sex".)
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 May 2008, 10:42

Wow! Those samples sounds super juicy and shorter than ever too. Exactly what I was expecting for the titles alone. I'm definately getting this one. Actually the only tracks I'm not digging on now are Irene and ,sadly Mega NRG Man and I'm not surprised they are both from SCP and ABeatC. This has a lot to do with thier synthesizer style, but the rest.... man ,this is gonna be one epic SEB.

mini samples review

1. The Snake- Queen Of Mean(SCP)- Definatly sounding better than Speed Of Light.I'm not blown away and no sex comes to mind, but it's from SCP better sounding songs. Not too sure how effective that guitar riff would be as opposed to a synth riff, but the chorus is sounding pretty nice.
:)

2. Mark & Roby- Tokyo Tonight(Asia)- I'm liking this cut for the chord progression melody alone. There is definately a diffrerence when other composers jump aboard
:) :)

3.Daniel- Spirit Of The Night(DELTA)- Those sound like Rizzi's keyboards. Daniel seems to sound better with each track. I can already imagine how the rest of the track sounds. :wink:

4. Giorgia V.- Race Queen(GGM)- While I'm still not too fond of GGM's light souding synths, this song seems to have a nice melody just dying to break out.

5. Chris Stanton- A Perfect Hero(TIME)- Here is I'm talking about. This cut is on FIRE. Awesome lyrics and killer riff, PERFECT vocals. Not only visions of sex, but full on orgies :D I'm allready guessing this to be my favorite without a doubt. The guy that said masterpiece is QFT.
:) :) :)

6. Irene- Nothing About Me Baby(SCP)- Nothing about this cut sounds even remotly as good as her Love is The Name...Week synths.Sounds like a skipper to me.
:(

7. Norma Sheffield- Do You Really Wanna Love Me(ABeatC). On this cut; ABeatC's lighter synths seem to fit her style. Norma sounds great. Welcome back.

8. Cherry- Anyway Anymore(DELTA)- Clara sounds great and that riff fits her style perfect. Another home run for DELTA.

9. Leslie Hammond- Run & Run(HRG Attack) - I gotta agree with the rest and say that I'm digging those overly hyper vocals, but I am loving the riff big time, so I'm kinda torn in between for the moment.
:|

10.Mega NRG Man- Up & Down Spin Like A Record(ABeatC)- Wow, What a waste of a title and vocalist. I'm sorry, but even the notes seem to be off on the DOA wanna be synth riff. I was really looking forward to this, but this sample sounds week and it has everything to do with those week sounding keyboards. My expectations of another Sex All Over the Phone have just gone limp.
:(

11.DJ NRG- Go Go Champion(ABeatC)- So is Corraini really back at ABeatC! I hope so. This cut is awesome and it has everything to do with his vocals.

12.David Dima- Tsundere Night(Dima)- Dumb title aside.Why not just Thunder Night ?That's what he is saying. David sounds great. Catchy melody and sweet synth riff. I love his use of pianos!

13.Sandy- The Power Of Loving You(Sinclaire Style) - The sample doesn't do it justice and sounds too week, but I'm guessing the complete track will sounds eons better. For now I like the melody of the chorus. Sinclaire has finally impressed me again

The more I listen to the samples, the more I'm aticipating this CD. What a boomerang shot!

Sure Fire hits:
Chris Stanton
DJ NRG
David Dima
Daniel
Mark & Roby
Cherry

sounds good:
Giorgia V.
Sandy
Norma Sheffield
The Snake

fillers:
Irene
Mega NRG Man

Havn't lost faith yet:
Leslie Hammond

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 30 May 2008, 19:24

01. OMG!!!!!! HOLY SHIT! This is it! The essence of The Snake! And, knowing that we will get an extend, it makes me cum!
02. I love this song. I would have gotten it way before if it wouldn't be of Saifam's credit card policy...
03. Nothing equals Full Metal Cars and this become another Frontal Impact-like song. So, -10.
04. I'm divided with this song. I don't know if I should love it or not. I'm still on stand by for this song.
05. This song sounds pretty good. I'm pretty much surprised here...
06. I'm... disappointed.
07. Filler. Next.
08. It's pretty much the worst song from Cherry in the 180's. Everything else was way better than that. Since I've bought the song on Juno, I know what I mean.
09. OK. This sounds pretty good. I love it.
10. Jesus Christ. I never really loved Mega NRG Man. Here is the reason why.
11. W00t! I love this one. It reminds me Super Striker :P
12. I'm still not sure if I'll love or hate Dima's first appearrance on SEB. I want to hear more :\
13. I'm surprised. Never thought this one would be THAT good.

Anyway, seeing what I wrote here, I may think of a purchase.... well.... Queen Of Mean alone is making the album. Maybe.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 30 May 2008, 19:43

Heh, I think I might use drnrg's smiley scale to rate these samples:

01 THE SNAKE - QUEEN OF MEAN (SCP)
- Best song from The Snake so far - I like the progression in the vocal melody in the chorus, and the guitar adds more depth. :) :)

02 MARK & ROBY - TOKYO TONIGHT (SAIFAM)
- Not my favourite male Saifam track from the recent past, but at least we get a bit of variety in the vocalists. Classic chorus, but I miss the strong Saifam bass. :)

03 DANIEL - SPIRIT OF THE NIGHT (DELTA)
- This doesn't have the immediate impact of Full Metal Cars for me, but I like the sound of the synth hook. A decent track, but Daniel has never been my number one male alias in Delta's modern rebirth... :)

04 GIORGIA V. - RACE QUEEN (GGM)
- This doesn't go very far from this sample; too much repetition in the chord progression and vocal melody. However, the last few seconds hint at an awesome synth hook in the style of My Heart Goes Boom Boom, which is a very good thing! :)

05 CHRIS STANTON - A PERFECT HERO (TIME)
- This one sounds okay - I really wish Time would work on their sound mastering; all their productions sound way too bassy and as a result come out a bit muffled in places. The melodies don't really grab me in this to be honest - it could sound better in full high quality... :|

06 IRENE - NOTHING ABOUT ME BABY (SCP)
- This totally does sound like an Elena Gobbi track!! I actually quite like it - the tune is quite chirpy and the synth hook from what I heard sounds very pleasant. :) :)

07 NORMA SHEFFIELD - DO YOU REALLY WANNA LOVE ME (A-BEAT C)
- This could turn into another Love Collision - a.k.a. a Norma Sheffield that I quite like and can't work out why. The melody has a nice rise and fall, and the synths let her vocals soar across the beats. Promising... :)

08 CHERRY - ANYWAY ANYMORE (DELTA)
- I'll be honest - this wasn't my favourite Cherry track from her recent offerings when I heard it on EBM vol. 18, but in this album it actually sounds quite good. A lot of this is to do with Delta's stellar productions and Clara's mature vocals, but this song is growing on me more and more. :) :)

09 LESLIE HAMMOND - RUN & RUN (HI-NRG ATTACK)
- I really like this one. I do agree that non-pitched vocals would probably sound better, but the squeakiness gives the track a cutesy feel that would be lost otherwise. The melody is pretty typical HRG-style, but it doesn't sound as rehashed as their other tracks. :) :)

10 MEGA NRG MAN - UP & DOWN SPIN ME LIKE A RECORD (A-BEAT C)
- This just sounds pretty amateur in the sense that the vocals don't seem in harmony with the rest of the track - it sounds like they are competing. I don't mind the melody - in fact, it's quite cool - but I don't think this is going to herald Mega NRG Man's rebirth by any means... :)

11 DJ NRG - GO GO CHAMPION (A-BEAT C)
- This is easily A-Beat C's best track on the album. While I'm still not utterly crazy about it, I can at least feel an energy and a sense of love has gone into the production. The sound effects annoy me slightly, but everything else shows great promise. :) :)

12 DAVID DIMA - TSUNDERE NIGHT (DIMA)
- Aaaah, how I've missed this style from SEB!! I adore the piano in the chorus - it really adds a unique dimension, and the melody, vocals and production are all classic Vibration style but with a slight twist to bring it up to date. Easily the best track on the album. :) :) :)

13 SANDY - THE POWER OF LOVING YOU (SINCLAIRESTYLE)
- Ugh, I'm not really digging this style of track at all. It's a bit too soppy - if this was an SCP song, it would be sung by Vivi, which makes me dislike it even more. The dated synths sound very tired in this track - not a good way to end the album, especially after the awesome MOVE ON NOW BABY from 187. :(

Hits:
DAVID DIMA - TSUNDERE NIGHT
CHERRY - ANYWAY ANYMORE
DJ NRG - GO GO CHAMPION

Good times:
THE SNAKE - QUEEN OF MEAN
IRENE - NOTHING ABOUT ME BABY
LESLIE HAMMOND - RUN & RUN

Undecided:
MARK & ROBY - TOKYO TONIGHT
DANIEL - SPIRIT OF THE NIGHT
GIORGIA V. - RACE QUEEN
CHRIS STANTON - A PERFECT HERO
NORMA SHEFFIELD - DO YOU REALLY WANNA LOVE ME
MEGA NRG MAN - UP & DOWN SPIN ME LIKE A RECORD

Dislike:
SANDY - THE POWER OF LOVING YOU

Overall, a steady album, but there are less standouts than 187 in my eyes and overall I'm more excited about 189 now - I just have a feeling that the tracks will be more stand-out judging from the songlist...
Last edited by the_ditz on 30 May 2008, 22:28, edited 2 times in total.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 30 May 2008, 20:50

the_ditz
Ugh, I've not really digging this style of track at all. It's a bit too soppy - if this was an SCP song, it would be sung by Vivi, which makes me dislike even more. The dated synths sound very tired in this track - not a good way to end the album, especially after the awesome MOVE ON NOW BABY from 187.
I like the way you added the links. and gave me credit for Go Go Champion .It's Dee Jay NRG not Dr., but I'm flattered :P

Comapring Sandy's track it to that Vivi song just put a frown on the smiley I originally gave it. :(