To parapara or not to parapara

Polls regarding Eurobeat can be found here.

To ParaPara or not to ParaPara?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 43

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

To parapara or not to parapara

Post by Chico Chico » 15 Sep 2004, 10:15

I love to ParaPara... I like creating new routines too. At least it's some form of exercise since I'd dread to become a stereotypical fat American...

I think my favourite routines would be Kingdom of Rock, Shame on you, and Crazy Generation.

Well, what about you?

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 15 Sep 2004, 10:17

I don't really do parapara myself. I've tried multiple times but my hand co-ordination just sucks so big time that I can't even do the easiest ones.

But I do love to watch parapara... It's interesting and fun, and I'd really say as Wake Up is the best parapara out there. The parapara somehow like makes the song rise to a new level and these work together so marvellously.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 15 Sep 2004, 10:30

Yes I Parapara (why else would I have some of the videos). I've tried creating my own routines but they suck major ass.

Paraclete
Eurobeat Boom

Post by Paraclete » 15 Sep 2004, 10:58

Just look around, dance for J-girls, I don't think it's acceptable for Euro-American Girls---Look what Christine dance :? Mr. NiceGuy
-_-''
SEB 200

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 15 Sep 2004, 12:49

boo @ you Paraclete. Para Para is a dance anyone can do! (Well, besides Panu *pat pat* you can do it!) Everyone has their own style, which makes it very awesome to watch. :) Plus, one of my good friend Vicky is EXCELLENT at dancing Para Para, and she is from Europe. :P

Not every Japanese girl can dance Para Para like the Para Para Allstars mind you. *has seen some very... crappy videos XD*

To answer Chico's question, I dance teh palapala! look at me follow me up and down now, dance with me teh palapala, woah! XDDD *really needs to sleep XD*

ooh talking about para para - watch this awesome video of vicky and me dancing to think of you. XD

Coach Vee & Nine - Think Of You (Colab)

ps. i suck. XD

Some of my favorite routines are Velfarre's Hey Mr Dee Jay, Velfarre's Dancin' Alone, 9LoveJ's Tsunami Comes, AJC's Don't You Want My Heart, CV's Don't Let My Love Disappear, PPN's I'm The Queen Of The Night (which is one i made XD) and many many many more

aXu
The Sidekick

Post by aXu » 15 Sep 2004, 14:41

Hehe.. Awesome video, Nine. Hmm.. i like to watch para para but i don't dance it.. oh well.. maybe in a very dark room.. where no one can see me.

And ParaPara is a dance which everybody can dance and learn..
Cybersex is on the line, I'm still running in the nineties

Chico Chico
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Chico Chico » 15 Sep 2004, 17:20

That had to be the coolest ParaPara video I've ever seen Nine... totally awesome...

Besides Paraclete, the video you posted is pretty good too :P

KrAzy Che3To
Euro To B

Post by KrAzy Che3To » 28 Sep 2004, 01:11

Eye luuve parapara :D HOW CAN YOU NOT :(?!

MaxXRage
Eurobeat Fan

Post by MaxXRage » 28 Sep 2004, 23:03

Yes to ParaPara :P!!

But today its a little EXPENSIVE you get the most news routines form the news sebs... Or well... At least who buy it film and publish it to the sites like paraparaparadise.net and the paraparastage.com forum ;D

Ummm I want to make one movie like feverPara but here in my town the things go a little cold now... No ones want it/have time to do...

Yes to paraPara and one of my favorities routine for now its Simon Samurai with the other way to do the chorus :D

Khaki_29uk
Euro To B

Post by Khaki_29uk » 11 Oct 2004, 22:18

I dont parapara much nowadays, same old routines on the arcade (plus on this 56k connection I dont get the chance to download many routines), but I can still just sit and watch the PPA's for hours. Its a defo yes!

Dave
Eurocurious

Post by Dave » 07 Sep 2005, 22:46

i love to watch and dance parapara!! my first time at velfarres SEF was almost better than sex :twisted:
one of my favorite ones is "ganguro" right now since i want to look like a ganguro (in my case "center guy") :D

パラパラ大好き~~~

para para stee van
Bad Bad Bad

Post by para para stee van » 15 Jun 2006, 06:21

AxU wrote:Hehe.. Awesome video, Nine. Hmm.. i like to watch para para but i don't dance it.. oh well.. maybe in a very dark room.. where no one can see me.

And ParaPara is a dance which everybody can dance and learn..
aye aye true !! i love para para too ! i'm a power based eurobeat genre XD XD ! AbeatC ? Hi-NRG ?? i don't know .

masamoto
Bad Bad Bad

Post by masamoto » 25 Aug 2006, 16:29

I have to say i don't really like para para as a dance... i liked eurobeat more before it followed japanese pop patterns when it was its own kind of music... as in not relating to popular japanese artists. I Think parapara is one of the main reasons eurobeat is mainly apart of and associated with japanese pop culture... so its just like a fad to most people. i think eurobeat / italo music had a more timelessness to it. but it seems now that eurobeat is more of a manufactured product in japan. :(

Im sure someone agrees

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 09 Nov 2015, 21:32

As I know, Dave Rodgers said in the past, that Para Para is the only one method to dance Eurobeat. But I don't agree. Japanese culture knew Para Para before Eurobeat era and just connected this kind of pop-dance to next very popular genre. If we stay in Europe, these all crazy super, hyper fast electronic music varieties aren't possible to dance without drinking alcohol, but people still don't dance them by Para Para. The worse period of speed in Eurobeat was the years 1996 - 2000. Maybe Para Para helped at that time, but earlier and later certainly it was not needed.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 09 Nov 2015, 22:53

Crockett wrote:As I know, Dave Rodgers said in the past, that Para Para is the only one method to dance Eurobeat. But I don't agree. Japanese culture knew Para Para before Eurobeat era and just connected this kind of pop-dance to next very popular genre. If we stay in Europe, these all crazy super, hyper fast electronic music varieties aren't possible to dance without drinking alcohol, but people still don't dance them by Para Para. The worse period of speed in Eurobeat was the years 1996 - 2000. Maybe Para Para helped at that time, but earlier and later certainly it was not needed.
Rodgers apparently never heard Happy Hardcore...which is a shame because Happy Hardcore was a pretty top genre 1996-1999 throughout Europe. Most Eurobeat is somewhere between 150-160 bpm, while Happy/UK Hardcore is 170-180+ bpm.