EB arrangement "role models"

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

EB arrangement "role models"

Post by UFOPOLI » 02 Feb 2009, 10:38

I've written a few eurobeat tracks for my band with the hope that one of them would make it onto our next album. Our producer (who's largely unfamiliar with the genre) asked me to point out one track that would give him the impression of what a good EB arrangement should sound like. Previously, I've sent him several examples but this time, he emphasized that I should pick only one.

I decided I'd better trust the experts on this forum over myself (who am too easily swayed by the right chords and a good melody). So the question is, which song would you recommend if you had to demonstrate an example of a good (modern) eurobeat arrangement?
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 02 Feb 2009, 18:27

"Pamela" by Matt Land. Guitars, synth pads, "stabs" on the upstroke, that BEAUTIFUL synth riff... it is the quintessential Eurobeat production in terms of arrangement.
"Night of Fire" could've been mentioned, but the synth riff sound choice isn't exactly "traditional" synth brass.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 02 Feb 2009, 19:41

Neo - I Was Born For Burning
Mark Astley - Super Rider
Babby One - Super Knife (or any decent Hi-NRG Attack track, as they follow that classic Eurobeat structure)

Really, it depends what style you're looking for.

UFOPOLI
Eurobeat Boom

Post by UFOPOLI » 03 Feb 2009, 13:22

the_ditz wrote:Really, it depends what style you're looking for.
Several, actually. I have written three tracks with different styles.

The first one is a male-type power drama (think Burn Into the Beat and Fighting!). It's also the one our vocalist prefers, so it should be the most likely choice.

The second one is slower and more mellow. It reminds me of All the Best and Magical, for example. Our pianist prefers this one, so it's not out of question at all, either.

The third one is by far the oldest. I wrote it back when the words "eurobeat" and "parapara" were to me just something random mentioned in Nori Nori Nori :grin: It was influenced by many DDR songs, especially those by Jenny Rom. This one will hardly be the first one to get produced but could make the cut if the first ones become a success.
Every time I'm free
I realize that funny time will take me higher