Garageband help for Eurobeat

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Garageband help for Eurobeat

Post by zoupzuop2 » 16 Aug 2009, 05:36

http://eurobeatblog.com/avex-reviews/eu ... arageband/

Check it out, I give a little discussion to the arrangement/instrumentation of Eurobeat in Garageband. ;3
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 16 Aug 2009, 08:42

Interesting concept. I can basically come up with a whole song in my head. beats sound worlds ect...and of course lyrics. Singing a dum dum dim dum melody outload is easy, but transending something from your head to instruments is harder than I thought. I can come with a basic riff on my portable keyboard, but the next minute I forget what notes I played.

Are there any certain music programs you downloaded from the net to mimic the sounds of say HRG Attack or Eurogrooves. I can edit and remix allready exsisting songs, but I would like to creat a whole new one too. Especially after seeing how that label BeatFire pretty nicely came up with some HRG Attack sounding songs.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 16 Aug 2009, 10:56

drnrg wrote:Singing a dum dum dim dum melody outload is easy, but transending something from your head to instruments is harder than I thought. I can come with a basic riff on my portable keyboard, but the next minute I forget what notes I played.
This was pretty much my problem, but the key is perseverance and a lot of experimentation with synth sounds, settings and EQ until you finally get the result you're looking for. When I wrote "Burn My Heart" in my head, it didn't sound completely like the finished product after laying everything down with the vocals - it sounded much better! :grin:

Trying to mimic Eurobeat sounds can often be a hard-fought battle with very few eureka moments, which is why I am trying to create my own sound that retain certain nuances from Eurobeat while evolving the sound into something uniquely DTZ Project. :)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 20 Nov 2009, 04:19

For those already rocking the sounds I established in the first blog, I just posted the sequel!
http://eurobeatblog.com/
It's the most recent entry (as of November 19, 2009). Enjoy~!
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.