The Best and Worst Tracks of the 200's

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

The Best and Worst Tracks of the 200's

Post by Megan188 » 13 Dec 2010, 06:30

I figured why not, just since it seems to be a usual tradition on the boards?

I'll start...

Top 10:

1. Diabolik / Diabolik - This song may have been a couple years late to the series, but it still holds a tremendous impact on me to this day. It's a speedy track, but in a really different, interesting orchestral kind of style that I think deserves more exposure in the eurobeat genre.

2. Memories of You / Orlando - Considering the bulk of their material was either old or covered, Saifam had quite an unusually strong outing for me this year. I'd never heard the original version of this track beforehand, but maybe that's for the better, since being introducved to it through Super Eurobeat has gotten be totally addicted to it. The vocalwork here is beautiful, and the melody is like totally awesome to sing along to. It reminds me a lot of Danny Wilde's Deep Into Your Eyes and, since the original version was made three years prior, was probably the inspiration to that song.

3. Queen of Heart / Corrado - Around the beginning of the 200's, I had come to the conclusion that Morris Capaldi had really lost his spark that made him awesome in the 170's, but thankfully tracks such as these have changed my mind completely. The chordal construction of this track is quite dynamic and strays far from the usual. Coupled with incredibly well-delivered vocals that complement the melody perfectly, this gorgeous song is easily one of the highlights of Capaldi's entire career as a producer for Delta.

4. I Belong To You / Stephy Martini - Yet again, the breathtaking vocal performance makes this song stand out remarkably from the rest. There were a lot of slower, more dance/house-type productions this decade, but this takes the style to a whole new level. Stefania Martin is probably one of my favorite female eurobeat vocalists, and she really puts out her best in this song. Even the production is quite effective, with lots of quirky syncopated notes that sharpen the edges of the track while still managing to compliment the forefront vocal melody.

5. Awake / Stephy Martini - This was actually one of my least favorite tracks from SEB 208 when I initially heard it, so it's quite ironic that it's actually made it all the way up to here. At first, I thought this song was a little overdone, but as more time has passed since, I've gradually picked up on its numerous elements and come to fall in love with it. This track is quite energetic and reminds me a lot of the songs Dima put out in the early 2000's (while still part of LED), yet the production sounds modernized enough that it fits a 2010 compilation. The highly intricate chord progression is difficult to pick up at first but eventually works outstandingly.

6. Stay With Me / Marika - Not at all far from the outstanding Queen of Heart, this track also introduces some fresh talent, coupled with fresh ideas as well. Marika's vocals are quite light, yet sharp and full of clarity. The production is excellent, especially the synth riff. Overall a really fantastic performance and clearly one of Capaldi's best efforts in quite a while.

7. Super Eurobeat (Gold Mix Version) / Dave Rodgers feat. Futura - I've come to quite like both versions of this track, but this one is clearly more of a throwback to classic Dave Rodgers. It's not really a very atypical performance on his part, but it just works so well that it stands the test of time for me.

8. Ready Forever / Chris Stanton - With raw energy and an incredibly catchy synthline, this track is a home for for Dall'Ora and Co. It may be from around the 180's era production-wise, but it doesn't sound any less fresh than almost anything else released this decade.

9. I Won't Fall Apart / Jager - Get out of my head, get out of my heart, away baby, I won't fall apart. Best chorus ever, enough said.

10. New Technological World / F.C.F. - Most people seemed to complain that the changes made to the original version of this song ruined its original appeal, but for me, it's still just as good. The more tense feel to the production is an interesting twist that gives a slightly different outlook on a fantastic song. Like Memories of You, I constantly find myself singing along to this track while I'm driving.

HM:
- Koishisato Setsunasato Kokorozuyosato (Eurogrooves Remix) / M.O.V.E.

Bottom 5:

1. 10,000 Lovers / Mirka - Let's face the facts: Leonardi was kind of in a dark age during the time this song was made. Although he did produce some fairly strong tracks, this was not one of them. The vocals are just too difficult to hear and the percussion is turned up way too loud. The chorus really isn't very good, either.

2. Internet Kills the Eurobeat Stars / Princess F. - This is rather over-the-top. I'm almost never "annoyed" by a eurobeat song, but this comes pretty close, especially during the repeitive b-melody. I've actually come to love pitched female vocals, but in this case, they struggle to keep up with the very fast pace of an already-overdone production.

3. Do With Me / Vicky Vale - This track sounds really uninspired, as if Newfield was trying hard to produce something that sounded different and interesting, but instead turned out ot be dull and amateur. A totally forgettable song that really goes nowhere.

4. One Heart One Soul / Momo - Ehhh. That's one really ugly chorus. The vocalist here sounds really uncomfortable with the range she has to deal with, and the result comes off quite poorly. Other than that, this is just a really, really average and uninteresting SCP female faire with little to offer.

5. Power of Love (Morris Capaldi vs. GND Remix) / Girl Next Door - For the most part, I thought the J-Euro remixes were actually very good, but this is just a very dry and dull remix of a song that isn't all that in the first place.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Dec 2010, 10:21

Is it TIME to compile that massive year end countdown allready? While I work on that, I will say that this year The list will be compiled of both old and new school style Eurobeat with older HRG Attack trax making thier appearance, since I barely heard them for the first TIME this year.

This year the honour for label of the year goes to HRG Attack. I just can't overlook the fact ,that the label has contributed over 100%+ effort to the genre this year alone. It started out early this year when the decided to release the missing catalog songs on Juno cd compilation. Not only that, but for the first TIME, alot of those Euromach gems were also provided for us in their royal extended versions.

, But the BIG story of the Eurobeat year, The crem de crop, the shake up would have to be, the transition of the old Italo style onto the label. For me this was the biggest surprise and most unorthadox move I have ever noticed in the genre. I would have expected it from any other label except HRG Attack. To further add to the pleasure, LMS composed them with such style and preciseness, that they could of actually been released in the 90s and have rewritten Italo history as we know it. Aishu Eurobeat has been around forever eges, but for a Eurobeat label to recapture the haunting almost midieval sounding synths and melodies of the 80s and 90s era has to be heraled as one of the most attention grabbing sounds of the year. The use of stronger soundworlds would have put them on the map as one of the most innovative labels of thier era....and this is exactly what they have achieved this year. The label was a definate force on the SEB series by bringing something new to the genre, as well as a new interest for older fans craving something fresh, but at the same TIME keeping the identity of Eurobeat genre intact and for the most part ;I am sure, that many fans warmed up to the style with open arms.

Vocalist of the year would also go to Roberto (Nick) Festari. The variety of his vocals from fast and NRGetic traditional HRG Attack style to to following a smooth Italo melody really shows his immence talent as a vocalist as well as an already established co producer for the label. He has come a long way since "Beautiful" and I think has earned his place as first rate talent among the Eurobeat genre.

I only wish they would give thier website some upgrading here and there except just in the catalog section. This would be a perfect TIME for some new information about Joe Banana ,Cindy and Ciao Ciao and they definately need a new section spotlighting on the new (old) Italo style incorporated on to thier sound.

I can only say that I see another triumphant year if they continue mixing it up with songs like The Magic of Sunshine, Pretty Woman and Cataclysm Night and I wish other labels would try it out once in a while.

I give the label A+ for effort, quality, innovation, vocal deliverance and over all production for the Eurobeat year of 2010

as an extra incentive I would love to hear what a duet style Cy-RO/Cindy Italo style song done the HRG Attack way would sound like? I'm thinking something along the lines of the old Radiorama sound of the 80s and that would surely go down as a Eurobeat milestone.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 13 Dec 2010, 16:16

Well, here's a quick rundown of my best and worst songs of the decade. I'll be posting a more detailed review later with label commentary, etc.

Top 10

1. 'The Magic of Sunshine' by Ciao Ciao: Although it was a very hard choice to make between Ciao Ciao's and Chris Stanton's incredible tunes, I've crowned 'The Magic of Sunshine' (TMOS) the best song of the 200s. When I first heard this song, I thought it wasn't all that spectacular, but slowly and gradually it crept up on me and now occupies a very special place in my heart. What's interesting to note is that the vocalist has never really been a favourite of mine in the eurobeat scene, so it's nice to finally hear a song from her that synergises well with her voice. Far superior to the hollow-sounding 'I Am A Liar' and 'Hard to Say I'm Sorry' in every way possible, 'TMOS' is such an enchanting song that will definitely last in eurobeat history forever.

2. 'Ready Forever' by Chris Stanton: Unlike 'TMOS', which took me a while to really warm up to, I was in utter shock when I first heard this song. The amount of raw power in 'Ready Forever' is simply mind-boggling, yet it contains enough interesting gimmicks and sounds to make it stand out from similar aggressive productions. To be honest, I really would've liked to have had this song share the top spot with 'TMOS'; it's really not fair to have to pick one over the other as both of these songs are so very different, but that's not the way countdowns like this work unfortunately. The defining factor for me was that 'TMOS' broke so many boundaries and redefined what 'eurobeat' means to me, whereas 'Ready Forever' doesn't really bring much new to the table. But don't let that fact take away from how incredible 'Ready Forever' is; everything it does is incredibly well done. This is also the first time in four decades where De Leo hasn't taken out the #1 spot, only just missing out this time around. A well-deserved #2 though!

3. 'Wonderwoman Dream' by Destinee: This one is bound to surprise heaps of people - especially considering just about nobody liked this song! - but those who've kept up-to-date with my countdowns shouldn't be too surprised to see 'Wonderwoman Dream' come in at #3. I can't quite pinpoint what it is with 'Wonderwoman Dream' exactly, but there's something really nostalgic about this song that reminds me of the Euroflash/Euromach era. Don't ask me why I think that though, but I'm sure I'll figure it out one day. In any case, if there was one word to describe this song, 'pleasant' would be it. Indeed, 'Wonderwoman Dream' is easily one of the most pleasant sounding eurobeat songs I've heard in a very long time; it sounds plain nice to the ear and provides the perfect retreat from all the aggressive material that reigns supreme in the eurobeat realm.

4. 'Jungle of Fire' by Laura Vox

5. 'You Are Always On My Mind' by Radiorama

6. 'Playboy' by Apple

7. 'Your Barbie Girl' by Vicky Vale

8. 'Labyrinth of Love' by Aleky

9. 'On the Top Again' by Garcon

10. 'The Race is the Game' by Dave Rodgers

HMs: 'Lucky Star' by Claudia Vip and 'survival dAnce' by TRF

Bottom 10

1. 'Nobody Loves Me Like You Do' by Ester: As is always the case, for every simply outstanding song, there's always one absolutely horrendous song to go with it. There was no question in my mind what the worst song of the decade was, and, without further adieu, I grant the wooden spoon of the decade to Ester! This song is quite incredible as it accomplished one extraordinary feat that no other eurobeat song has ever managed to do: lull me to sleep... twice! You know there's definitely something wrong if a eurobeat song manages to make you doze off; that just shouldn't ever happen in this genre. Coupled with the tranquilising soundworlds, the vocalist sounds so bored and disengaged - all the right ingredients for a disastrous song. In fact, just talking about this song makes me sleepy, so I'll end it here. Never again!

2. 'My Hot Guitar' by Go Go Girls: I've complained about this song more than any other this decade, and for good reason. First off, we have the very trashy lyrics which don't do anything for me whatsoever. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for a bit of fun when it comes to eurobeat lyrics and don't mind the odd sexual connotation here and there - heck, if I had a problem with this, I'd be hating on half the songs in this genre! - but Gobbi just sounds too dilapidated, worn and well beyond her time to pull off this level of sleaziness anymore. Of course, this statement is easily one of the most controversial things I've said all year, which clearly offended some of her fans (just ask Brisk!), but the reality is that the old gray mare ain't what she used to be. In the end, Gobbi comes off as sounding absurd and desperate in 'My Hot Guitar', and for that reason I can't listen to it. It's songs like these that make me wonder why I still bother buying and listening eurobeat, so it's very fortunate we have songs like 'TMOS' and 'Wonderwoman Dream' to restore my faith in the genre.

3. 'In Your Car' by Claudia Vip

4. 'Internet Kills the Eurobeat Stars' by Princess F.

5. 'One Heart One Soul' by Momo

6. 'Nightrain' by Manuel

7. 'Eyes of Sky' by Vivi

8. 'I Am A Liar' by Lilly

9. 'Cataclysm Night' by Joe Banana

10. 'All Around the World' by Dave Rodgers feat. M.Landau

Label Commentary

SinclaireStyle

The only label not to have a song feature in either my top or bottom ten tracks of the decade, SinclaireStyle really felt like an invisible ghost all year. As we all know, SinclaireStyle weren't actually present on 202 or 204, and with 204 I didn't realise SinclaireStyle was absent until one week after looping the album over and over. That really says it all, doesn't it? Having said this, though, the label managed to release two decent songs this decade that I will likely come back to at a later date – 'Toy for Love' and 'Kiss My Boo Boo' – but not even the label's two best songs could reach the astounding level that most other labels reached. Indeed, I also share WNight's sentiments with regards to Nathalie – what has happened to her!? I thought most of her songs were alright – not bad but not particularly engaging either – but the days of 'Heartbeat' seem so very far away.

I'm pretty sure everybody has noticed those erratic key changes in all of SinclaireStyle's songs in the latter half of this decade. I just can't figure out what the label is trying to accomplish here. To me, it seems like a cheap way of adding some variety or 'spice' to their songs, which admittedly don't have all that much to begin with. In any case, these key changes do absolutely nothing for me whatsoever and it very quickly got on my nerves by the end. Something tells me we haven't heard the last of it either...

But overall, as with every decade since SinclaireStyle made its debut on the series, I was very much disappointed with the label's performance. Whereas most other labels are aiming high and breaking boundaries, SinclaireStyle seems to be stuck in a rut. It's a shame since I know Leonardi is capable of great things, but nothing has really changed with his grossly mechanistic (or 'metallic', as Bore called it) style of production since the 150s - a style which has never boded well with me. My hope of a return to the days of those infectious tunes like 'ParaPara Paradise' and 'Night of Fire', or at the very least a departure from that notorious mechanistic style, is wearing incredibly thin. There were, of course, several flashes of inspiration emanating from the label this year (as noted previously), but was this just a temporary stroke of genius or a sign of better things to come? I'm not holding my breath...

Grade: ★★☆☆☆
Last edited by Jay on 15 Dec 2010, 21:40, edited 8 times in total.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 15 Dec 2010, 07:10

Score for the 200's : 9.5/10. (Very enjoyable)

Top ten :
10. Take This Way / Christian (Eurogrooves, SEB 203)
One of the most punishing eurobeat track this decade. Eurogrooves last actual presentation is loud, slightly over the top, and lastly, so heavily in your face that it would make the light and fluffy presentation seem like kid's faire. It's not the most soothing track out there but the force it exerts on the listener feels satisfying nonetheless.

09. Super Eurobeat [Gold Mix] / Dave & Futura (A-Beat-C, SEB 201)
The original version was a decent effort from the label so how do they make it even better? Answer : By throwing in lots of guitars and coming up with an irresistable guitar solo of course. Seriously though, it's quite interesting to see how a little tweak here and there can drastically alter my impression of a song, and over here, it's a lot of levels up I'm talking about.

08. 1,2,3,4 Fire / Dejo (Sinclaire Style, SEB 207)
It may not be the perfect eurobeat track by general standards. It's also filled with some questionable elements throughout but the real life related lyrics and the sounds used are just undeniably affecting.

07. Mad Man / Manuel (Dima, SEB 209)
An intense thriller of an eurobeat track that has Manuel at his usual over the top self. The amount of horror video game elements present are more than any other tracks out there, and while the production still has a tinge of the dreaded GGM synth to it, it's still a spectacular presentation from the rightfully self proclaimed mad man himself.

06. Cataclysm Night / Joe Banana (Hi-NRG Attack, SEB 204)
A track that I didn't appreciate as much until some time has passed. By that time though, it has became such a standout track that I just had to include it in my top ten. Ignore the fact that the lyrics can't be made out w/o the booklet, this is one rare track from Festari that doesn't feature god awful vocal melodies and I'm thankful enough. The pace of this track and sounds used has been frowned upon by many as being too 'frantic' or 'crazy' but to me, it's a fast, energetic and melodically exciting track that is bound to be a classic for me.

05. Lucky Star / Claudia Vip (Hi-NRG Attack, SEB 207)
This is one of those tracks that you hear once, you get amazed and then becomes one of the label's top tracks. Though this is pretty much generic female faire from the label that I SHOULD be hating on. The song has proven to be so catchy and infectious that it's hard not to love. Ms Claudia is indeed a real shining star this decade.

04. The Race Of The Night / Dave Rodgers (Sun Fire, SEB 207)
Dave strikes again with part three of "The Race" series featuring more guitars than ever. That's not all, it's also the most pulse pounding, energetic and updated sounding of the three. The guitar solo could use a little bit more edge though but hey, it's still good so I probably shouldn't be complaining so much.

03. Jungle Of Fire / Laura Vox (Hi-NRG Attack, SEB 208)
The word 'epic' and 'Hi-NRG Attack' just doesn't add up in my opinion, that was before this track was released. Somehow, they managed to do it, in a way that is so memorable that I just can't find another song that manages an equal level of 'epicness'. The bridge and chorus are still as phenomenal as when I first heard it, and Laura's unpitched vocals work perfectly with this song, creating the perfect mental atmosphere of burning jungles, fire dragons hovering above while you look in awe yeah stuff like that. It's also a sign that perhaps it's time we hear from other unpitched female vocals as well ? and maybe, just maybe, it could be something like 'Lord Of Flames / Princess F'. Hm, just a thought though.

02. Freedom Ride / The Snake (SCP, SEB 206)
It's a guitar fan's wet dream in this track. The edge and power that this song possess is gi-normous to say the least. Not only that, it's also catchy as hell thanks in part to the heavy guitars and again, a marvellous guitar solo that it seems only SCP and Sun Fire are capable of thinking up. The Snake themselves performed very impressively with their powerful vocals and all in all, I'd be a bastard if I didn't list this song as one of the most enjoyable ride this year.

01. Louder & Faster / Powerful T (Sun Fire, SEB 206)
This probably isn't surprising at all but yes, the label debut track from Sun Fire is not only my top track this decade. It's also my favourite eurobeat track EVER. Dave, Futura and Tiranti himself probably didn't hold back anything here, skillfully integrating nigh excellent guitar solo that really makes me feel like rockin it out as well, together with a high octane, blood driving, ultra catchy 'chaotic' melody into the perfect adrenaline rush that constantly has me on the edge of my seat. It's also became somewhat of a drug to me, in the sense that I could never go properly for the day without listening to this track for n number of times at the very least. It's not the fastest track out there, but somehow, it feels like it and in terms of aggressive extremities, there's no other track that comes even close. Long story short, it's a SUPER EUROBEAT in all regards, and here's hoping that the 210's will strive to bring more of such greatness. By the way, I'd kill to see a live version performed.

HM :
What D'You Want From Me / Jager + One Heart One Soul / Momo (SCP, SEB 209)

Bottom ten :
10. When The Sun Goes Down / Ken Blast (Delta, SEB 201)
The major beef I have with this track is how it sounded very much like a failed university experiment. It sounds amateurish as compared to all the other tracks, and considering the general high level this decade. this track is doomed from the very start. Thank goodness for New Horizon though!

09. Good Love & Mystery / Lolita (GGM, SEB 204)
I'm definitely in agreement with the people who are saying that Lolita no longer have the x factor that made all her previous presentations an instant hit. Not only that, this track also offers no real outstanding factors whatsoever, so it's probably safe to say that this is one of Elena's most disappointing release in quite a long time.

08. My Hot Guitar / Go Go Girls (GGM, SEB 202)
As opposed to GL&M, Elena still possess that x I spoke about. Too bad, because this is the worst GGG song I've ever heard thanks to it's awful sampling of the 'legendary' riff that everyone seems to hold in high regards. And no, the guitars don't do jack for me either.

07. Limousine / Manuel (GGM, SEB 207)
The GGM fiesta is still on. I honestly find it hard to believe that I have to rate this low but it just didn't do much for me. Manuel sings fine as usual but the melody was just a mish mash of wreck that leaves a bitter taste in mouth. I say stick with horror.

06. Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars / Princess F (Hi-NRG Attack, SEB 202)
Truly a horrific piece of eurobeat that reminds me of why the label sucks so much during the 160s to 190s.

05. I'll Remember Why I Love You / Nathalie (Sinclaire Style, SEB 206)
IIt's sort of sad really, once the vocalist behind the ever so classic 'Heartbeat' and now this. Go back and try again later.

04. Eyes Of Sky / Vivi (SCP, SEB 208)
Vivi is the exact opposite of Momo. While Momo improves with every new release (Well, sorta, OHOS was phenomenal kthxbye), Vivi sounds worse. I still remember the first time I heard 'Just For Me' and 'Gimme Gimme Gimme', especially the former, her voice was so feminine and mature that I was captivated. Things changed in 'ILMD' and by the time this came around, the shitstorm was already at it's peak. What happened man ? Why kill of such a good vocalist and replace it with some over pitched/childish voice that would instantly irk so many ? Why has the captivating vocals become one that induces severe headache now ? Why make a potential SCP girl power representative sound like any other generic female SCP vocalist ? Is this even the real Vivi ... even if it isn't, they could at least get someone who can do similar stuff instead of this atrocity ... I just, damn ... forget it

03. Toy For Love / Bon (Sinclaire Style, SEB 203)
The return of a veteran vocalist to the eurobeat scene ought to be a cause for celebration . Unfortunately, Nando's comeback track was nothing short of embarrassing, and his rich discography of excellence don't help much. The absolute worse track by him ever.

02. Bad / DJ Moonraker (Asia, SEB 209)
It's just BAD.

01. Pretty Woman / Francis Cooper (Hi-NRG Attack, SEB 208)
Just how BAD is this ? Very. Not only is it too old school for me, it also sorta samples another bad song and has Festari's ill trademark, the god awful vocal melody. Nothing sounds right to me here and is so rightfully the worst track of this decade.
Last edited by WNight on 18 Dec 2010, 02:15, edited 20 times in total.

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 16 Dec 2010, 02:59

how are you this afternoon..?....
alrighty-yyy then...

top tracks for 200-ds range...

201 - mirka -10000 lovers.
202 - mickey b - i wanna run to you.
203- lilly - i am a liar.
204 - cindy - squeeze me.
205 - ---------
206 - loise - screaming out the power. +
michelle rose - hard to say i'm sorry.
207 - jay lehr - hi love.
208 - ciao ciao - the magic of sunshine.
209 - tora - call my name.

The winner for the 200-d decade is.........

ciao ciao - the magic of sunshine.

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 16 Dec 2010, 04:21

I'll go through each album with the best + and the worst -

+ Power of My Love/ Live It Up
- In Your Car/ Wonderlover

+ My Hot Guitar/ Go Shinkansen
- Internet Kills The Eurobeat Star

+ Toy For Love/Send Me An Angel
- Waiting For Your Hero/ I Am A Liar

+ I Won't Fall Apart/ Good Love & Mystery
- Bang Bang/ Heat Me Up

+ Little Little Star/ Kiss My Boo Boo/ It's All Up To You
- Evergreen/ The Race Is The Game

+ Freedom Ride/ Labyrinth of Love
- Hard To Say I'm Sorry/ In My Arms

+ Limousine/1.2.3.4. Fire/Bigga Boom/Hi Love
- Wonderwoman Dream/ Lucky Star

+ Jungle of Fire/ Magic of Sunshine/ Invisible Touch
- Memories of You/ Eyes of Sky

+ What D'You Want From Me/ Bad/ Call My Name
- Just Another Day With You

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 16 Dec 2010, 09:33

Top 40 (LOL... can't go below that XD). Also... this doesn't include songs released outside of SEB.

40. Dream Fighters - Mind Game (Dima)
39. Manuel - Limousine (Go Go's Music)
38. Apple - Playboy (Eurogrooves)
37. Jay Lehr - Hi Love (SCP)
36. Christine - Bigga Boom (SCP)
35. Bubbles - Hanky Panky (SCP)
34. Laura Vox - Jungle Of Fire (Hi-NRG Attack)
33. Vicky Vale - Your Barbie Girl (Delta)
32. Aleky - Labyrinth Of Love (Dima)
31. Marika - Stay With Me (Delta)
30. Elyza - Fly (Delta)
29. Ace - Me & You (SCP)
28. Hotblade - Plastic (SCP)
27. Marko - I Need A Revolution (Delta)
26. Radiorama - Never Gonna Make (Asia/Saifam)
25. Mr.Moog - Stardust (Dima)
24. The Snake - The Snake Around (SCP)
23. AAA - Hide & Seek (SCP Revamp Mix) (SCP/Avex)
22. Mega NRG Man - Japanese Girl (Go Go's Music)
21. Fastway - Rock Beatin' Wild (SCP)
20. Jager - What D'You Want From Me (SCP)
19. The Snake - Freedom Ride (SCP)
18. Chris Stanton - Ready Forever (Time)
17. Diabolik - Diabolik (Asia/Saifam)
16. Irene - Coolover (SCP)
15. Christian - Take This Way (Eurogrooves)
14. Ace Warrior - My Dream (A-Beat-C)
13. Fastway - Invisible Touch (SCP)
12. Ken Blast - New Horizon (Delta)
11. Go 2 - Don't Turn It Off (Headrush Mix) (SCP)
10. Radiorama - You Are Always On My Mind (Asia/Saifam)
09. Paul Harris - Dreamlover (Delta)
08. AAA - Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (Eurobeat Remix) (SCP)
07. TRF - EZ Do Dance (Morris Capaldi Versus TRF Remix) (Delta/Avex)
06. Yo Shine - Power Of My Love (SCP)
05. Go 2 - Samurai Blue (SCP)
04. David Dima - Somebody To Love (Dima)
03. Jager - I Won't Fall Apart (SCP)
02. Bon - Toy For Love (SinclaireStyle)
01. Stephy - I Belong To You (Dima)

Top 40 Label Breakdown
Time/Eurogrooves : 3
Delta : 7
SCP : 17
Dima : 5
SinclaireStyle : 1
Hi-NRG Attack : 1
Asia/Saifam : 3
A-Beat-C/Sunfire : 1
Go Go's Music : 2

Honorable Mentions (In no order)
Dave Rodgers Feat. Futura - Super Eurobeat (201; A-Beat-C)
Manuel - Nightrain (201; Go Go's Music)
Ken Blast - When The Sun Goes Down (201; Delta)
Dave Rodgers - Wild Reputation (Rock Mix) (201; A-Beat-C)
F.C.F. - New Technological World (202; Asia/Saifam)
David Dima - Freedom (203; Dima)
Domino - One-O-Nine (203; Go Go's Music)
Melissa White - Promised Discoland (204; SCP)
M.O.V. Feat. Frankie - Heat Me Up (204; Delta)
Max - Tora Tora Tora (2010 Year Of The Tiger Remix) (204; Avex)
Dave Rodgers - The Race Is The Game (205; A-Beat-C)
Sara - Little Love (205; Delta)
Kaioh - It's Like A Fire (206; Go Go's Music)
Dejo - 1.2.3.4 Fire! (207; SincalireStyle)
Dave Rodgers - The Race Of The Night (207; Sunfire)
Vivi - Eyes Of Sky (208; SCP)
Tora - Call My Name (209; SinclaireStyle)
U Scream - Kiss Me (Eurogrooves Remix) (209; Eurogrooves/Avex)
Joe D. Toaster - Feel The Power Inside(207; Hi-NRG Attack)

Honorable Mentions Label Breakdown
Time/Eurogrooves : 1
Delta : 3
SCP : 2
Dima : 1
SinclaireStyle : 2
Hi-NRG Attack : 1
Asia/Saifam : 1
A-Beat-C/Sunfire : 4
Go Go's Music : 3
Avex : 1

Bottom 39 (HAHAHA LOL)
39. Dream Fighters - All About You (Dima)
38. Momo - Send Me An Angel (SCP)
37. Claudia VIP - Lucky Star (Hi-NRG Attack)
36. Joe Banana - Cataclysm Night (Hi-NRG Attack)
35. Danny Rock - Rainbow (Asia/Saifam)
34. Momo - Flash & Love (SCP)
33. Lilly - I Am A Liar (Hi-NRG Attack)
32. Mickey B. - I Wanna Run To You (A-Beat-C)
31. Claudia VIP - In Your Car (Hi-NRG Attack)
30. Stephy - Awake (Dima)
29. K. Deleo - Wonderlover (Eurogrooves)
28. Momo - One Heart One Soul (SCP)
27. TRF - Survival Dance ~No No Cry More~ (Dima Remix) (Dima/Avex)
26. TRF - Boy Meets Girl (GoGo's Mix) (Go Go's Music/Avex)
25. Michelle Rose - Hard To Say I'm Sorry (Hi-NRG Attack)
24. Karen - Evergreen (Delta)
23. Mom And Dad - Kiss My Boo Boo (SinclaireStyle)
22. DJ Moonraker - Bad (Asia/Saifam)
21. Dave Rodgers - Music For The People (Rock Mix) (A-beat-C)
20. Louise - Screaming Out The Power (Hi-NRG Attack)
19. Orlando - Memories Of You (Asia/Saifam)
18. Dave & Futura - Just Another Day With You (Sunfire)
17. Dave Rodgers - Try Me (Rock Mix) (A-beat-C)
16. Vicky Vale - Do With Me (Delta)
15. Go Go Girls - Hot Guitar (Go Go's Music)
14. Cy-ro - It's All Up To You (Hi-NRG Attack)
13. Cy-ro - Rainy Days (Hi-NRG Attack)
12. Ace - Don't Stop The Dance (Vintage 2001 Deluxe Version) (SCP)
11. Ace - Take My Breath Away (Healing version) (SCP)
10. Desire' - Take A Look In My heart (Healing version) (Eurogrooves)
09. Alexis - Bye Bye Japan (Healing Version) (Eurogrooves)
08. Nagisa - Melody (Ballade Mix) (Avex)
07. Francis Cooper - Pretty Woman (Hi-NRG Attack)
06. Destinée - Wonderwoman Dream (Dima)
05. Nathalie - I'll Remember Why I Love You (SinclaireStyle)
04. Ester - Nobody Loves Me Like You Do (Go Go's Music)
03. Dave Rodgers Feat. M.Landau - All Around The World (A-Beat-C)
02. Tipsy & Tipsy - Never Ending Love (Asia/Saifam)
01. Princess F. - Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars (Hi-NRG Attack)

Bottom 39 Label Breakdown
Time/Eurogrooves : 3
Delta : 2
SCP : 5
Dima : 4
SinclaireStyle : 2
Hi-NRG Attack : 10
Asia/Saifam : 4
A-Beat-C/Sunfire : 5
Go Go's Music : 3
Avex : 1

That is all.

EDIT
Added Label breakdown and corrected some mistakes aka typos
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 16 Dec 2010, 10:32

Top 10:

Includes the songs I listen to multiple times since their release.

1. Domino / 109
2. Go Go Girls / My Hot Guitar
3. Ken Blast / When The Sun Goes Down
4. Radiorama / Never Gonna Make
5. Lolita / Good Love & Mystery
6. Mega NRG Man / Japanese Girl
7. Kate Project / In My Arms
8. Apple / Playboy
9. Jager / I Won't Fall Apart
10. Dave & Futura / Just Another Day With You

Bottom 10:

Includes 10 of the many songs I disliked from this decade of SEB.

1. Aleky / Labyrinth of Love
2. David Dima - Somebody To Love
3. Dream Fighters - Mind Game
4. Dream Fighters - All About You
5. Mr.Moog - Stardust
6. Stephy - Awake
7. Destinée - Wonderwoman Drea
8. Mom & Dad / Kiss My Boo Boo
9. Manuel / Mad Men
10. Manuel / All Is Magic

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 16 Dec 2010, 19:31

Nine wrote:Bottom 10:

Includes 10 of the many songs I disliked from this decade of SEB.

1. Aleky / Labyrinth of Love
2. David Dima - Somebody To Love
3. Dream Fighters - Mind Game
4. Dream Fighters - All About You
5. Mr.Moog - Stardust
6. Stephy - Awake
7. Destinée - Wonderwoman Drea
8. Mom & Dad / Kiss My Boo Boo
9. Manuel / Mad Men
10. Manuel / All Is Magic
So basically, you just pretty much hated Dima?

Anyways, here's my top 10 and bottom 10 - a surprise for me that there's so much Hi-NRG Attack, but I just can't get enough of their slower style :)

Top 10:

1. LOLITA / GOOD LOVE & MYSTERY (Go-Go's Music) [SEB 204]
2. CY-RO / RAINY DAYS (Hi-NRG Attack) [SEB 209]
3. BON / TOY FOR LOVE (SinclaireStyle) [SEB 203]
4. MOMO / SEND ME AN ANGEL (SCP) [SEB 203]
5. CIAO CIAO / THE MAGIC OF SUNSHINE (Hi-NRG Attack) [SEB 208]
6. CORRADO / QUEEN OF HEART (Delta) [SEB 208]
7. DAVID DIMA / SOMEBODY TO LOVE (Dima Music) [SEB 205]
8. STEPHY / I BELONG TO YOU (Dima Music) [SEB 203]
9. CLAUDIA VIP / LUCKY STAR (Hi-NRG Attack) [SEB 207]
10. IRENE / COOLOVER (SCP) [SEB 202]

Honourable mentions:

MICHELLE ROSE / HARD TO SAY I'M SORRY
ALEKY / LABYRINTH OF LOVE
MANUEL / LIMOUSINE
MARIKA / STAY WITH ME

Bottom 10:

1. MIRKA / 10,000 LOVERS (A-Beat C) [SEB 201]
2. TORA / CALL MY NAME (SinclaireStyle) [SEB 209]
3. DJ MOONRAKER / BAD (Saifam) [SEB 209]
4. CHRISTINE / BIGGA BOOM (SCP) [SEB 207]
5. MOM AND DAD / KISS MY BOO BOO (SinclaireStyle) [SEB 205]
6. NATHALIE / I'LL REMEMBER WHY I LOVE YOU (SinclaireStyle) [SEB 206]
7. MOMO / FLASH & LOVE (SCP) [SEB 206]
8. VICKY VALE / DO WITH ME (Delta) [SEB 203]
9. CINDY / SQUEEZE ME (Hi-NRG Attack) [SEB 204]
10. JAY LEHR / LITTLE LITTLE STAR (SCP) [SEB 205]

Dishonourable mentions:

DESTINEE / WONDERWOMAN DREAM
MOMO / ONE HEART ONE SOUL
M.O.V. feat. FRANKIE / HEAT ME UP
BUBBLES / HANKY PANKY

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 16 Dec 2010, 19:58

Honestly, I'm very surprised that 'Power Of My Love' by Yo Shine has only been mentioned once in somebody's top 10 so far. I recall that there was a very similar thread to this one made around the time of 204 (which attracted heaps of replies) and this song topped a lot of people's top 10's (I think only drnrg and I were the only ones not to include it at all).

So, what happened? Have we been too overexposed to this style by now? Haha.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 16 Dec 2010, 20:44

Jay wrote:Honestly, I'm very surprised that 'Power Of My Love' by Yo Shine has only been mentioned once in somebody's top 10 so far. I recall that there was a very similar thread to this one made around the time of 204 (which attracted heaps of replies) and this song topped a lot of people's top 10's (I think only drnrg and I were the only ones not to include it at all).

It was quite low in my top 10 at the mid-decade point from what I recall, so it just fell out of favour with me. Coolover on the other hand has stood the test of time and continues to sound fresh and exciting :)

Brisk
Eurobeat Fan

Post by Brisk » 16 Dec 2010, 23:26

Top 10:
1. Ken Blast - New Horizon
2. Jager - I Won't Fall Apart
3. Lolita - Good Love & Mystery
4. Destinée - Wonderwoman Dream
5. Mari San - Change
6. Corrado - Queen Of Heart
7. Yo Shine - Power of My Love
8. Irene - CooLoveR
9. Dejo - 1, 2, 3, 4, Fire
10. Vicky Vale - Your Barbie Girl

HM: Eliza - Fly

Bottom 10:
1. Princess F. - Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars
2. Powerful T. - Louder & Faster
3. Lilly - I Am A Liar
4. David Dime - Crazy
5. Dream Fighers - Mind Game
6. Joe Banana - Cataclysm Night
7. Cindy - Squeeze Me
8. Mirka - 10,000 Lovers
9. Fastway - Rock Beatin' Wild
10. DJ Moonraker - Bad

DM: Manuel - Mad Man

So suprisingly, I really like Wonderwoman Dream (and being the only Dima track in my top 10) despite how much hate its getting here! You guys have no idea how much replay its getting lately haha. And props to Capaldi. He really improved so much in the last half of the decade that every track he did was gold. I excluded the J-Euro/Remixes because thats all you guys would be seeing the bottom.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Dec 2010, 03:41

I really didn't think there was so much Eurobeat released this year. Add to the fact that HRG Attack released heaps of unreleased material online and that pretty much means I'll have my hands full compiling the year end countdown. I'll omit all the j-Euro and healing tracks, but will add nonSEB tracks from HRG, esp those released this year.

The big question is can Chritain De Leo overtake all the HRG Attacks and reign champion for a fourth year in a row? Stay tuned 8)

Jay
Honestly, I'm very surprised that 'Power Of My Love' by Yo Shine has only been mentioned once in somebody's top 10 so far. I recall that there was a very similar thread to this one made around the time of 204 (which attracted heaps of replies) and this song topped a lot of people's top 10's (I think only drnrg and I were the only ones not to include it at all).

I'm likewise surprised .but more about the lack of mention for Jager's second offereing? I remeber alot of members ready to take a bullet for that track when I mentioned it barely treaded on Eurobeat territory.

Anyway as shocking as it may seem, it still isn't the worst track of the year, but it does get the Tiao Cruz wanna- be award for 2010.

Peoples list are hard to decifer. I mean you got Lebon; who clearly hates the slower Eurobeat style, yet somehow manages to slot one of the slowest songs of the year at number one. Go figure

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 17 Dec 2010, 05:51

drnrg wrote:I'm likewise surprised .but more about the lack of mention for Jager's second offereing? I remeber alot of members ready to take a bullet for that track when I mentioned it barely treaded on Eurobeat territory.

Anyway as shocking as it may seem, it still isn't the worst track of the year, but it does get the Tiao Cruz wanna- be award for 2010.
Ah yes, I forgot about that Jager song, haha. As much as I enjoyed the song personally, I just don't think it was exceptional enough to break my top 10. There were so many decent songs this decade (more than I initially thought). I also couldn't include the likes of 'Plastic', 'Mind Game', 'Rainy Days', 'Kiss Me' and a couple of others, even though they're all exceptionally good songs.

But yeah, there are quite a lot of surprising omissions in people's charts, as well as some interesting inclusions.
Last edited by Jay on 17 Dec 2010, 06:07, edited 2 times in total.

Maxwell P. Wainwright
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Maxwell P. Wainwright » 17 Dec 2010, 06:04

Top Tracks of the 200's

PURE EXCELLENCE

1) I Belong To You/Stephy
2) Power Of My Love/Yo Shine
3) I Won't Fall Apart/Jager
4) In My Arms/Kate Project
5) New Horizon/Ken Blast
6) Toy For Love/Bon
7)Hard to Say I'm Sorry/Michelle Rose
8) Stay With Me/Marika
9) Labyrinth of Love/Aleky
10) Samurai Blue/Go 2
11) Change/Mari San
12) I Need A Revolution/Marko
13) Ready Forever/Chris Stanton
14) 109/Domino
15) Cataclysm Night/Joe Banana
16) Good Love and Mystery/Lolita
INSERT HERE - STARDUST/MR. MOOG.
17) Live It Up!/Nathalie
18) Hi Love/Jay Lehr
19) Your Barbie Girl/Vicky Vale
20) Go Shinkasen!/Luke and Cherry
21) I Wanna Run To You/Mickey B.
22) Awake/Stephy
23) Promised Discoland/Melissa White
24) Limosuine/Manuel

PRETTY DECENT TRACKS, BUT THEY COULD OF BEEN BETTER.

25) CooLover/Irene
26) When The Sun Comes Down/Ken Blast
27) Jungle Of Fire/Laura Vox
28) Take This Way/Christian
29) The Snake Around/The Snake
30) You Are My Wonder/Queen 26
31) Rainy Days/Cy-Ro
32) Playboy/Apple
33) Bigga Boom/Christine
34) Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride/AAA
35) Super Eurobeat (Grand Mix)/Dave and Futura
36) Send Me An Angel/MOMO
37) Queen Of Heart/Corrado
38) Invisible Touch/Fastway
39) Japanese Girl/Mega NRG Man
40) The Magic of Sunshine/Ciao Ciao
41) The Race Of The Night/Dave Rodgers
42) Little Little Star/Jay Lehr
43) 1234 Fire/Dejo
44) Me and You/Ace
45) Evergreen/Karen
46) I'll Remember Why I Love You/Nathalie
47) Freedom Ride/The Snake
48) Fly/Elisa
49) What d'ya Want From Me/Jager

AVERAGE TRACKS.

50) I Can't Stop Lovin' You/Dream Fighters
51) You Are Always On My Mind/Radiorama
52) Dreamlover/Paul Harris
53) Eyes of Sky/Vivi
54) Nightrain/Manuel
55) Kiss My Boo Boo/Mom and Dad
56) One Heart One Soul/Momo
57) Plastic/Hotblade
58) Flash and Love/Momo
59) Mind Game/Dream Fighters
60) The Race Is The Game/Dave Rodgers
61) Squeeze Me/Cindy
INSERT HERE - SCREAMING OUT THE POWER/LOUISE
62) Lucky Star/Claudia VIP
63) I Am A Liar/Lilly
64) Pretty Woman/Francis Cooper
65) Never Gonna Make/Morgana (I know it's Radiorama, but it's just a remix. So I'm leaving it as Morgana).
66) Freedom/David Dima
67) New Technological World/FCF
68) Do With Me/Vicky Vale
69) On The Top Again/Garcon
70) My Hot Guitar/Go Go Girls
71) 10,000 Lovers/Mirka
72) Little Love/Sara
73) Tell Me Why/Rich Hard
74) Call My Name/Tora
75) Nobody Loves Me Like You Do/Ester

SOMETHING HAPPENENED WITH THESE ONES; WHAT HAPPENED?

76) Heat Me Up/MOV feat. Frankie
77) Memories of You/Orlando
78) Somebody To Love/David Dima
79) Hanky Panky/Bubbles
80) Cy-Ro/It's All Up To You
81) Wonderwoman Dream/Destinee
82) It's Like A Fire/Kaioh
83) Say Goodbye/Mr. Moog
84) Mad Man/Manuel
85) All About You/Dream Fighter
86) All Is Magic/Manuel
87) Waiting For Your Hero/Daniel
88) Diabolik/Diabolik
89) Sandy/Mela
90) In Your Car/Claudia VIP

THE WORST OF THE BUNCH.

91) Wonderlover/K. Deleo
92) Crazy/David Dima
93) Rainbow/Danny Rock
94) Forever Fly/Stella
95) Just Another Day with You/Dave and Futura
96) Feel The Power Inside/Joe D. Toaster
97) My Dream/Ace Warrior
98) Louder and Faster/Powerful T.
99) Bang Bang/Paul Harris
100) Rock Beatin' Wild/Fastway
101) Bad/DJ Moonraker
102) Little Lies/Sarah
103) Face The Race/Powerful T.
104) Internet Kills the Eurobeat Stars/Princess F.
105) Never Endin' Love/Tipsy and Tipsy
106) All Around The World/Dave Rodgers

BEST ALBUM - 206.
WORST ALBUM - 204.