The Best and Worst Tracks of the 200's

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 17 Dec 2010, 11:23

I've decided to do two seperate year end countdowns. I'll stay tru to the thread and only post the SEB related songs on this topic and post a more thorough list on the weekly countdown thread. Both will be based on my weekly top 40 and a songs staying power on the chart as well. I've omitted healing and j-euro songs, since I really didn't care for them.

We had 108 Eurobeat songs this year from the SEB series. That's not counting the healing and J-Euro remixes. Some songs were destined to become classics from the get -go, while others were a suck job gone horribly wrong. This was the year that avex decided to rummage through the Eurobeat archives and include older songs on the series as well.

The first three songs are the uncharted ones and in no particular order. They were old songs(that I allready charted in previous years

The numbers next to the label are highest peak and weeks on list.
ex: Song title- song artist (label) (#) highest peak(#)wks on list

*songs in black are still in the list

ENJOY

Diabolik- Diabolik (Saifam)
Rainbow- Danny Rock (Saifam)
Little Love- Sara (DELTA)

105. Nobody Loves Me Like You Do- Ester (Go Gos Music)
104. What D'You Want From Me- Jager (SCP)
103. Hawaiian Roller Coaster Rise- AAA (SCP)
102. One -O- Nine- Domino (Go Go's music)
101. Eyes Of Sky- Vivi (SCP)

100. All Around The World- Dave Rodgers feat. M. Landau (A Beat C) (N/A)
99. Bad- D.J. Moonraker (Saifam) (N/A)
98. Power Of My Love- Yo Shine (SCP) (39)(1)
97. Tell Me Why- Rich Hard (Sun Fire) (37)(2)
96. Evergreen- Karen (AbeatC C) [38](3)
95. Rock Beatin' Wild- Fastway (SCP) (37)(3)
94. 10,000 Lovers- Domino (ABeatC) (35)(2)
93. In My Arms- Kate Project (Saifam) (34)(3)
92. Cool Lover- Irene (SCP) (32)(3)
91. Freedom Ride- The Snake (SCP) (31)(2)

90. Never Gonna Make It- Radiorama (Saifam) (32)(3)
89. Hanky Panky- Bubbles (SCP) (34)(4)
88. Little Lies- Sarah (Saifam) (32)(4)
87. My Dream- Ace Warrior (ABeatC) [28](2)
86. Internet Kills The Eurobeat Stars- Princess F. (HRG Attack) (31)(4)
85. Live It Up- Nathalie (Sinclaire Style) (30)(4)
84. It's Like A Fire- Kaioh (Go Gos music) (29)(5)
83. Memories Of Love- Orlando (Saifam) (26)(4)
82. Fly- Elisa (DELTA) [28](3)
81. Stay With Me- Marika (DELTA) (29)(4)

80. Bang Bang- Paul Harris (DELTA) (36)(6)
79. I Belong To You- Stephy (Dima music) (27)(5)
78. Change- Mari- San (Go Go Music) (25)(4)
77. 1.2.3.4. Fire!- Dejo (Sinclaire Style) (21)(3)
76. Face The Race- Powerful T. (ABeatC) (27)(6)
75. Never Ending Love- Typsy & Typsy (Saifam) (22)(5)
74. I'll Remember Why I Love You- Nathalie (24)(6)
73. Hi- Love- Jay Lehr (SCP) (24)(6)
72. Somebody To Love- David Dima (Dima music) (20)(5)
71. Flash(Flesh) & Love- Momo (SCP) (20)(5)

70. Promised Discoland- Mellisa White (SCP) (20)(7)
69. Me & You- Ace (SCP) (17)(5)
68. Call My Name- Tora (Sinclaire Style) (20)(5)
67. Samurai Blue- Go2 (SCP) (14)(3)
66. Mad Man- Manuel (Dima music) (15)(4)
65. I Wanna Run To You- Micky B. (ABeatC) [18](6)
64. I Can't Stop Loving You- Dream Fighters (Dima Music) (14)(5)
63. Just Another Day With You- Dave Rodgers & Futura (Sun Fire) (12)(4)
62. My Hot Guitar- Go Go Girls (Go Gos music) (14)(6)
61. You Are My Wonder- Queen 26 (DELTA) (17)(7)

60. New Horizons- Ken Blast (DELTA) (12)(4)
59. Good Love & Mystery- Lollita (Go Gos Music) (12)(6)
58. Invisible Touch- Fastway (SCP) (15)(7)
57. Send Me An Angel- Momo (SCP) (15)(7)
56. Do With Me- Vicky Vale (DELTA) [18](9)
55. The Snake Around- The Snake (SCP) (14)(7)
54. Bigga Boom- Christine (SCP) (13)[8]
53. Limousine- Manuel (Go Gos music) (14)(10)
52. One Heart One Soul- Momo (SCP) (10)(5)
51. Waiting For Your Hero- Daniel (DELTA) (5)(6)

That's the first half. 50 songs to go. Did your favourit already chart or is it top 10 bound? Stay tuned 8)
Last edited by drnrg on 24 Dec 2010, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 18 Dec 2010, 03:26

the_ditz wrote: So basically, you just pretty much hated Dima?
Not hated, just disliked. His style is really cool but it's not the type of Eurobeat sound I enjoy.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 18 Dec 2010, 03:36

3.2.1. GO!

50. I Won't Fall Apart- Jager (SCP) (10)[8]
49. Kiss My Boo Boo- Mom & Dad (Sinclaire Style) (11)(7)
48. Super Eurobeat- Dave Rodgers feat. Futura (ABeatC) (9)[8]
47. Labyrinth Of Love- Aleky (Dima music) (9)(7)
46. Heat Me Up- MOV feat. Frankie (DELTA) (4)(7)
45. Wonder Woman Dream- Destinee (Dima Music) (11)(10)
44. Screaming Out The Power- Louise (HRG Attack) (9)[8]
43. Awake- Stephy (Dima Music) (9)2 weeks(7)
42. The Race Of The Night- Dave Rodgers (Sun Fire) (6)(7)
41. Go Shinkansen!- Cherry & Luke (DELTA) (10)[8]

40. Dream Lover- Paul Harris (DELTA) (7)[8]
39. Mind Game- Dream Fighters (Dima Music) (4)(7)
38. Crazy- David Dima (Dima music) (4)(7)
37. In My Car- Claudia VIP (HRG Attack) [8}2 weeks(11)
36. I Need A Revolution- Marco (DELTA) (7)(10)
35. Forever Fly- Stella (SCP) (5)2 weeks(9)
34. Squeeze Me- Cindy (HRG Attack) (4)(9)
33. Jungle Of Fire- Laura Vox (HRG Attack) (5)(7)
32. Little Little Star- Jay Lehr (SCP) (4)(9)
31. Freedom- David Dima (Dima Music) (2)(9)

30. Sandy- Mela (Saifam) (6)(10)
29. Japanese Girl- Mega NRG Man (Go Gos music) (2)(5)
28. All About You- Dream Fighter (Dima music) (2)(9)
27. I Am A Liar- Lilly (HRG Attack) (6)(12)
26. You Are Allways On My Mind- Radiorama (Saifam) (6)2 weeks(13)
25. On The Top Again- Garcon (HRG Attack) (4)(14)
24. Your Barbi Girl- Vicky Vale (DELTA) (3)(10)
23. When The Sun Goes Down- Ken Blast (DELTA) (3)2 weeks(9)
22. Wonder Lover- K.D. Leo (1)(10)
21. Rainy Days- Cy-Ro (HRG Attack) (2)(5)

see thier chart movement 8)

20. Toy For Love- Bon (Sinclaire Style) (4,2,3,7,11,13,30,3[8])
19. Nightrain- Manuel (Go Gos music) (19,9,5,14,12,12,11,11,6,12,21,2[8])
18. The Race Is A Game- Dave Rodgres (ABeatC) (13,12,16,7,5,4,3,5,5,9,14,26,33)
17. Lucky Star- Claudia VIP (HRG Attack) (9,3,2,4,4,4,7,12,13,15)
16. New Technological World- F.C.F. (Saifam) (4,3,2,5,8,14,27,35,40)
15. Feel The Power Inside- Joe D. Toaster (HRG Attack) (4,4,3,3,3,6,11,18,22,25)
14. Louder & Faster- Powerful T. (Sun Fire) (5,3,3,5,7,12,15,17,26,29,36,40)
13. Queen Of Heart- Corrado (DELTA) (8,5,2,2,2,2,7,[8])
12. The Magic Of Sunshine- Ciao Ciao (HRG Attack) (6,2,1,1,4,4,5,5)
11. It's All Up To You- Cy-Ro (HRG Attack) (12,8,7,10,5,4,8,8,9,10,13,20,30,37)

10 to go.....

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 19 Dec 2010, 10:57

Wow, do you really think It's All Up To You was better than both Magic of Sunshine and Rainy Days? Rainy Days was my clear surprise star of the decade - If you'd have told me that I'd have been ranking a Cy-Ro song so high before, I'd have laughed in your face! Lol :P

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 19 Dec 2010, 11:35

the_ditz wrote:Wow, do you really think It's All Up To You was better than both Magic of Sunshine and Rainy Days? Rainy Days was my clear surprise star of the decade - If you'd have told me that I'd have been ranking a Cy-Ro song so high before, I'd have laughed in your face! Lol :P
I'm guessing this is because 'Rainy Days' and 'TMOS' are still active on his top 10/20/40/whatever weekly charts. He said earlier in this thread that he's compiling his best/worst of 200s list based on how high these songs have ranked and how long they've stayed on his weekly charts. This means that, naturally, songs from 208/209 aren't going to rank as well as songs from earlier in the decade.

I could be wrong though!

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 19 Dec 2010, 20:11

Jay wrote:
the_ditz wrote:Wow, do you really think It's All Up To You was better than both Magic of Sunshine and Rainy Days? Rainy Days was my clear surprise star of the decade - If you'd have told me that I'd have been ranking a Cy-Ro song so high before, I'd have laughed in your face! Lol :P
I'm guessing this is because 'Rainy Days' and 'TMOS' are still active on his top 10/20/40/whatever weekly charts. He said earlier in this thread that he's compiling his best/worst of 200s list based on how high these songs have ranked and how long they've stayed on his weekly charts. This means that, naturally, songs from 208/209 aren't going to rank as well as songs from earlier in the decade.

I could be wrong though!
Very astute of you to notice this - I have a habit in these list threads to ignore all the other writing and focus only on the lists themselves!! :x

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 20 Dec 2010, 06:07

Jay

I could be wrong though
You hit that right on the nail. I love doing these year end lists, cause it makes you relisten to all the great Eurobeat music we got this year.
I'm sure Rainy Days will become even more popular than Pretty Woman ; (a song that shot up to my favourit and is gonna stay up there thru the new year), as the weeks progress, but for the record "It's All Up To You" had some strong staying power. I love the intro and the Axel F riff is really something I would have never expected to hear in an HRG Attack song. + I love that song's 6min+ legnth too.The funny thing is, that I didn't even like the preview when I first heard it.

the_ditz
Wow, do you really think It's All Up To You was better than both Magic of Sunshine and Rainy Days? Rainy Days was my clear surprise star of the decade - If you'd have told me that I'd have been ranking a Cy-Ro song so high before, I'd have laughed in your face! Lol
Don't Forget HTSIS- Michelle Rose hasn't shown up yet and I think that was the one that emphasized the most on the "Galloping" bass" style of the 90s, so that one is my clear winning track for the HRG Attack year.

For the top 10, I'm gonna add comentarys as to why each song was pheonminal. 8)

can you guess my number one song :grin:

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 20 Dec 2010, 14:19

drnrg wrote:can you guess my number one song :grin:
My bet on "Take This Way" by Christian or "Ready Forever" by Chris Stanton.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Dec 2010, 02:43

Lebon14
My bet on "Take This Way" by Christian or "Ready Forever" by Chris Stanton.
You know what's funny is that you can pretty much switch around the magoraty of your favourites and worsts songs ..and you get my list . Except that Ester song. I think we can all pretty much agree that song wins comatouse inducing song award of the year.

BTW, you must've hated Ciao Ciao's song to no end to not even include it in the worst, unless I missed it? :P

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 23 Dec 2010, 06:56

drnrg wrote:Except that Ester song. I think we can all pretty much agree that song wins comatouse inducing song award of the year.
Tell me about it! That's one song that needs to burn like fire.

Even though I know how much you enjoyed the two De Leo songs, I always thought 'HTSIS' would be your #1 of the decade. Maybe it will be? There's no doubt those three songs will make up your top 3 though, and I'm predicting 'Cataclysm Night' and one of the Mr. Moog songs (I'll say 'Stardust') will round out the top 5.

Oh, and I can only work out 9 songs in your top 10. Heh. :P

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Dec 2010, 07:53

Jay
Oh, and I can only work out 9 songs in your top 10. Heh.
Rest assured, there are 10 left, which I will be posting ,along with commentaries on January 1st. Maybe it's a song you really don't even remeber or care for? BTW, Either you follow my weekly charts or really know my style by heart 8)

In the meanTIME, I will be posting the top 100 for the entire Eurobeat catalog of the year 2010 on the Top 10 weekly thread.

That one looks so different because of all the HRG Attack Juno realese of this year. If one takes into account HRG 801 is Lilly- I Am A Liar is a 2010 Eurobeat song, then alot of the unreleased HRG material was ,in fact from this year or at least late last year.

Stay tuned!

@ jay.

BTW, Your favs were actually based on your weekly lists. I like that. I didn't see Momo- Flash & Love on your favs, but I remember that being your #1 for at least a week or so. Guess it wore out its charm?

Oh yeah, and Still waiting on that labels commentary. So far only Sinclaire Style got featured.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 23 Dec 2010, 08:15

drnrg wrote:@ jay.

BTW, Your favs were actually based on your weekly lists. I like that. I didn't see Momo- Flash & Love on your favs, but I remember that being your #1 for at least a week or so. Guess it wore out its charm?
With regards to 'Flash & Love', you've hit the nail on the head. It was a great song at the time but now it's basically in the same category as 'Samurai Blue' to me - two fine SCP songs with a lot of initial impact, but sadly not much replayability. This has been a common theme with most SCP songs this decade, which is something I was getting around to discussing in greater depth in my label commentary but I haven't found the time just yet. Also, this explains why you'll generally find a lot of different songs breaking into my top 3 yet don't stick around for very long.

I'm still trying to work out that last song of yours, but here's what I've figured out so far: 'HTSIS', 'Ready Forever', 'Take This Way', 'Say Goodbye', 'Stardust', 'Pretty Woman', 'Cataclysm Night', 'Plastic' and 'Playboy'. I'm guessing that last one I can't figure out is one I don't like much.

Edit: Okay, I just figured it out, haha. Surprisingly it was a song I liked a lot at first but had nearly forgotten about altogether a few months on once all the slower HRG material made headway. Mystery solved. :P

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 23 Dec 2010, 11:34

Jay wrote:
With regards to 'Flash & Love', you've hit the nail on the head. It was a great song at the time but now it's basically in the same category as 'Samurai Blue' to me - two fine SCP songs with a lot of initial impact, but sadly not much replayability. This has been a common theme with most SCP songs this decade, which is something I was getting around to discussing in greater depth in my label commentary but I haven't found the time just yet. Also, this explains why you'll generally find a lot of different songs breaking into my top 3 yet don't stick around for very long.
Oh, that explains it. I keep checking back for an update from you and drnrg on your commentaries and his list only to find that there's no progress made. I am actually very interested in reading what members have to say and I'm kinda looking forward to the commentaries lol.

Anyways, no offence to anyone but what's up with the title 'Rock Beatin Love' ? I know it probably isn't a gigantic problem but I just can't get over it. Alot of people I know often also tell me 'Rock Beatin Love' this and that as well, I can't even distinctively remember how many times I have corrected a certain amount of people for x amount of times about the error IRL.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 24 Dec 2010, 05:41

It's Rock Beatin Wild. I'm just as guilty and have fixed that so people won't think they missed out on an awesome Fasway song, which probly would have tunred out better if it was Rock Beatin' Love :P

@ jay. Glad you figuered it out. Suprisingly enough that song got alot of slack and straight out hatred from some members nd I never understood why?

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 24 Dec 2010, 15:36

drnrg wrote:It's Rock Beatin Wild. I'm just as guilty and have fixed that so people won't think they missed out on an awesome Fasway song, which probly would have tunred out better if it was Rock Beatin' Love :P
Rock Beatin' Wild is a really good song ^_^ I agree with that... but how did I rank it... *post & check*

EDIT

21, eh. Well, OK, sure enough. :P
drnrg wrote: BTW, you must've hated Ciao Ciao's song to no end to not even include it in the worst, unless I missed it?
It's not on all 3 lists. It's because that the only two songs that are worthy of being Eurobeat for me from Hi-NRG Attack is Jungle Of Fire and that Joe D. Toaster song. Ciao was a slow song... very slow... I don't consider it Eurobeat BPM wise. It's Italo-disco to me. But as you can see, there are other songs too that are absent but for those, I thought that they didn't need any praise or bad light. So, yeah.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!