Go for the strawberry red Banana yellow's ahead

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

Go for the strawberry red Banana yellow's ahead

Post by Bore » 26 Dec 2011, 13:24

So yes, late Merry Ho Ho Hos and Christmasses and Hanukahs. The year is nearly over and I'm late as usual, but that's becoming a selling trademark, right, right!? So as is to be expected what I bring forth finally is the review for the last album consisting new songs for this decade: <a href="http://eurobeat-prime.com/reviews/seb218.php">The Super Eurobeat 218 review.</a>

Please do take your time to see how it faires in comparison to the other albums this decade. And let's all have a peaceful New Years! Fingers crossed for a solid year now that the world is ending in 2012. More of Kiki & Fancy is required before we see The End Of The World.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Dec 2011, 04:12

Pretty great review. I beleive I agreed with more than 90% of your review. Virginell and Ciao Ciao certainly shined in this cd. I especially thought it was cool hopw you massacred some of those Sanrio cartoons. Don't care for any of them myself. 8)

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 27 Dec 2011, 05:58

Well, you gave 10's to most of my favorite tracks here (Bye Bye Girl, In Your Supercar, and On Your Wings), so I agree with this review overall. In retrospect, I think SEB 218 is actually pretty solid, even though I personally think 214 was the strongest of the 210's.

I think it's funny how you've really given Ennio Zanini a hard time over the past few years, especially compared to where you put him before. Excluding the 190's, you've given rather low ratings to all new Fastway songs since Crash Boom Burn Me Up, even though you consistently rated his stuff quite high before that. I don't think Ministry Of Power is his best work by a long shot, but I certainly didn't expect a rating that low.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 27 Dec 2011, 20:26

Yeah, I've noticed myself how Ennio's tracks as of late just haven't been as impactful and great like in the past. To me it seems that the newer acts are getting the best tracks SCP releases. Songs like Disconnected or Up & Dance, Up & Go could've very well been sung by per say Ennio. Still enjoy his voice and style, but would like more big time hits.

And I agree that 214 was great as well, think that and this album are both quite solid all around.