SCP revamped site & digital releases

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 06 Feb 2014, 03:30

drnrg wrote:that Jager remix was horrible! the backround music sounded like something more apt for Chris Brown or Flo Rida. No thanks!
Masterpop Version > Eurobeat Version. By a mile. I'm not one to usually say this, but, in this case, this is a fact. The slower vocals and melody fits the mood perfectly.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 06 Feb 2014, 04:34

eXtaticus wrote:I've got some rather good news for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrjw8Dzp_ZI

I'll let you speculate the rest.
Already released on the single, but a nice remix.

Though good that it's from Vol. 3.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 06 Feb 2014, 10:34

Indeed the vol. 3 makes me want to know about vol. 2 and maybe later volumes. :D

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 06 Feb 2014, 19:22

Lebon14 wrote:
drnrg wrote:that Jager remix was horrible! the backround music sounded like something more apt for Chris Brown or Flo Rida. No thanks!
Masterpop Version > Eurobeat Version. By a mile. I'm not one to usually say this, but, in this case, this is a fact. The slower vocals and melody fits the mood perfectly.
I enjoy both, but the Eurobeat Version is amazing - I still think that Because of You is Jager's best track to date. :D

I'm excited to check out what other tracks will make an appearance on these. It reminds me a bit of the Eurobeat Blast series of download compilations that were all extended version of Blast!'s tracks from the FARM non-stop compilations. :)

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Feb 2014, 03:07

Boom Boom Scream single was added to Junodownload:
http://www.junodownload.com/products/do ... 2397367-02
(It's the same single than the one that appeared on iTunes 2 years or so back)

And EuroKudos Vol.2 will be released on Feb. 12!
http://www.junodownload.com/products/eu ... 2400546-02

(Urgh... Stay Away From me instead of What D'You Want From Me... *throws up* At least it doesn't sem any longer so, I'm happy that SEB209 still has the version I love the most)
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 09 Feb 2014, 12:27

Vol.2 (for those that doesn't want to click links)
01 Hotblade - Legendary Heart (Eurobeat Version)
02 Momo - Flash & Love (Eurobeat Extended Version)
03 Jager - Stay Away From Me (Eurobeat Version)
04 Jay Lehr - Fallin' In Love Again (eurobeat Version)
05 Christine - Bigga Boom (Eurobeat Extended Version)
06 Momo - One Heart One Soul (Eurobeat Version)
07 Vivi - Eyes Of Sky (Eurobeat Extended Version)
08 Jay Lehr - Hi Love (Eurobeat Extended Version)
09 Fastway - Invisible Touch (Eurobeat Version)
10 Jay Lehr - Fallin' In Love Again (Fashion Version)
11 Jager - Stay Away From Me (Lady J Version)
12 Momo - Flash & Love (Piano Intro Version)

4 new extended tracks. 1 new alternate track.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 12 Feb 2014, 10:11

It's out guys! I mean, EuroKudos Vol.2 is out!
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 Feb 2014, 23:47

I'd like to know what in the world inspired that CD art. Its a serious WTF moment everyTIME I try to associate those (are those the kudos?) with Eurobeat :?

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 14 Feb 2014, 09:25

I like the covers. Bold font, bright colors, and a unique little critter that's simple yet recognizable. It doesn't scream "EUROBEAT" to me as well, but I never thought the SEB deluge of pretty ladies matched either.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 14 Feb 2014, 21:51

Mindsweeper
like the covers. Bold font, bright colors, and a unique little critter that's simple yet recognizable. It doesn't scream "EUROBEAT" to me as well, but I never thought the SEB deluge of pretty ladies matched either.
I guess it differes with each individual. Some associate Eurobeat with the Japanese Animi images. Others just like a title and artists names in big letters with colourful backrounds. some like a hint of lighthearted comic or parody images. To me the sleeve or image is just as important as the song itself. I even dowloaded a certain player that showcases huge album art as the song plays. Its like a work of art right before your eyes. I like the old school Italo with associating a certain personage or image with the song or artist name. Pretty looking singers work just fine for me, but I also like the TIME style of the 90's. Something like Tension- You Got Me Going Crazy. Concept: baby doll like figures floating around with a cool eye catching Royal blue backround. Nothing to do with the song's title or name TENSION, but it looked kinda indie and cool. Cartoons are not my prefered, but a little comic injection is always welcomed. What I never liked was the lazy just a regukar sleeve with a whole in the middle. lmost makes me think they didn't care for the song itself. Although a lot of Eurobeat classics are presented in just that manner. F.C.F. " I'm Not A Freak" by Michael Fortunati. An instant classic but nothing to show for vinyl art wise.

Any, I wish all the SEB songs came with sleeve art attached for each song. I would still do my alternate sleeve art versions for fun, but I think its amazing to see what kind of image every label visualizes when they put out different song.

How I truly miss the vinyl days of yersteryear.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 14 Feb 2014, 23:53

Eurokudos 3 and 4 will be released soon. Something like 2 weeks between each release. :)

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 15 Feb 2014, 11:23

I hope SCP goes back and releases more Eurokudos with all the Eurobeat Flash, Maharaja, and Euromach tracks. Sweet & Tender Lies and Ciao Ciao Ciao are on the top of my list.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 15 Feb 2014, 16:04

MKwiakaku wrote:Eurokudos 3 and 4 will be released soon. Something like 2 weeks between each release. :)
Next one is Feb 25.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 15 Feb 2014, 18:22

Then you should be able to guess the date of vol 4 as well. ;)

SCP can only release tracks since 2010 due to contracts. :(

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 15 Feb 2014, 18:32

MKwiakaku wrote:SCP can only release tracks since 2010 due to contracts. :(
Oh man, that's seriously pretty horrific. If AVEX won't give up the rights to all the gems SCP produced during the Euromach era, can't they at least release all of those songs in extended format?
ImageImage