Top/Bottom 10 Songs of the 220's

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
#Infinity
Euroheater

Top/Bottom 10 Songs of the 220's

Post by #Infinity » 22 Jul 2014, 08:13

It's been awfully quiet around here lately, and seeing how the SEB anniversary album is on its way, I figured it's the appropriate time to do this.

Top 10:

1. Boys Gone Wild / Dejo (SEB 221)
Although not delivering much with his female vocalists, Andrea Leonardi has been on a complete roll with his male-led entries since his comeback six years ago, and this is easily one of his freshest productions to date. The infectiously innovative synth melody alone is enough to cement this track's classic status, but the song structure does an expert job of juxtaposing a mildly dark minor chord progression with a jubilantly eclectic major chorus. Other fine touches include the "come on come ons" during the synth reprises, the smashing intro, and the offbeat synth bursts that add brief flairs of surprise during the otherwise straightforward verses. While Let's Go Wild! is probably SinclaireStyle's best track in recent history, this is his definite crowning achievement of the 220's decade.

2. Hot Hot Racin' Car / Go 2 (SEB 225)
Although I was a devoted Go 2 fan back when I first got into eurobeat, the majority of their songs songs have since sunken to okay status in favor of more nuanced productions. Thus, it's all the more ironic that their sole track this decade landed so high up in my top 10. Without the doubt, this is the best original song the duo has ever recorded (since Blood on Fire is a cover). During their middle years, this act began compromising its musical merits in favor of a more guitar-driven and raucous style, but this track sees them finally recapture that element of raw eurobeat which drew so much attention to them in the first place. With a razor-sharp chorus, crisply complex synth, and knot-tight production, this song is a staple of modern SCP eurobeat. Special mention also goes to Ennio's flamboyant rap, which makes his performance seem all the more ingrained within the flashy tune itself.

3. The Element of Fire / Fastway (SEB 224)
While Fastway's newer performances have been more on-and-off than they were in the past, this superb track proves that his aptitude for excitement is still far from extinct, even more than a decade and a half since joining SCP. Although I originally picked this song off for trying too many things at once and being too unfocused, it gradually pieced itself together for me overtime. The borderline freeform melodic structure gives this track a feeling of limitlessness, something that usually can't be said for the eurobeat genre in general. Even with its heavily layered progression, however, the pounding production and solid vocal delivery manage to hold the complicated structure firmly together. While Fastway's other three tracks from this decade are basically modest degradations of his older classics, this song undertakes a direction that truly makes it stand out in its own right.

4. The Jungle is on Fire / J-Stark (SEB 226)
Delta may lack its giant repertoire of writers and producers from before, but that's hardly shown to damage the quality of its releases, and this is a prime example of why. After a particularly attention-gripping intro, this song launches into full-blown electronic intensity. The track harbors some of the most dexterous synthwork to come from any eurobeat label in several years, spitting hundreds of notes per minute, yet with not one disrupting its acrobatic sense of focus. The off-kilter chord progression allows for Capaldi to experiment freely with offset synths, making for a superbly polished production that's still enticing even during the later breakdown sections. Top the phenomenal production off with Luca's fierce, versatile vocal layers, and you have a masterpiece that continues to intrigue me several plays later.

5. An Angel Right to Me / Bliss (SEB 226)
Bliss is one of SEB's only remaining titles whose tracks wouldn't seem in-place anytime earlier than the present day, and this song encapsulates all of those forward-thinking elements into one perfect package. The act's signature thick use of auto-tune produces a cybernetic feel, which is brought to life by its floaty, gleaming melodic atmosphere. Even though Higher Higher More and More is also excellent and probably a little more innovative, Bliss' second showing is a bit catchier, while still retaining the lush evocations that characterized its predecessor.

6. Miss You / Mickey B. (SEB 223)
Considering this seems to have been made in 2008, it's a wonder to me why Avex didn't pick it up sooner for SEB. Even though I was never a fan of this particular production style at A-Beat C, it turns out to be miraculous effective when applied to this particular track. In addition to reviving minor elements of classic A-Beat C, the melody carries with it a darkly sentimental mood, made all the more prominent by Mickey's glum and coarse vocal performance. It falls under the category of aishu, but it has just enough extra thump that you can feel a pulsating desperation in its delivery. Simply to put, this song is everything that all of Sunfire's female-led productions wish they were. It may have slipped past my radar initially, but it's proven to be a favorite of mine as the months have gone by.

7. Wacky-Wacky-O! / Scream Team (SEB 221)
Like Miss You, Wacky-Wacky-O! was produced several years prior to its official release, in this case, having been made before I even started high school. Also like Miss You, I'm in complete disbelief that Avex deliberately ignored the song for such a long time. It brings back all of Scream Team's marked horror-themed campiness but also twists the formula up a bit, making it more than just a disposable Halloween tune. It sounds far more gleeful than menacing, but even with a more light-hearted feel, the sporadic touches of eeriness make it no less ghostly than the act's more straightforward works.

8. Loving Eurobeat / Dejo & Bon (SEB 221)
Falling only marginally behind the stellar Boys Gone Wild, this spiritual successor to classic Sinclaire anthems like No One Sleep in Tokyo and Max Power further articulates that male-led speed romps are of second nature to the label. With thumping production, adventurous melodies, and a grinding synthline, this song truly is classic and progressive at the same time.

9. Hurry Hurry Hurry / Mela (SEB 226)
With Asia Records having mostly degenerated into a zombified shadow of its former self, this was truly a breath of fresh air after a long slew of mediocre productions. While Baby Tonight is also pretty good, it’s this song that fully recalls the label’s propensity for being innovatively cheesy. While other recent songs with Castellari at the helm sound like uninspired knockoffs of western pop, Hurry Hurry Hurry truly lives and breathes eurobeat from top to bottom. It’s because of this song alone that I still have faith in Asia’s capacity for greatness. Now, if only Mauro could make a worthwhile comeback…

10. I’m Your Sexy Machine / Hotblade (SEB 228)
While Hotblade will surely be hard-pressed to ever top his masterpieces from the previous decade, this track proves that he’s still one of the most relevant voices in the industry. The track has the same unrestrained musical style as The Element of Fire and is similarly consolidated by explosive production and clawing vocals. The verses also benefit from some particularly evocative lyrics, generally a rarity in fast-paced dance music. It may not be quite as flawlessly crafted as the top choices on this list, but it’s still a definite winner.

Honorable Mentions:

Higher Higher More and More / Bliss (SEB 224)
One Love One Love / Boris (SEB 228)
Sunlight / Kaioh (SEB 222)
Dreamers / Paul Harris (SEB 224)

Bottom 10:

1. Welcome to the Show / Tanith & Dark Evil (SEB 223)
I don’t have any dislike for hyper techno in general, but this track just leaves me really cold. Ennio has proven before that he can be a natural at rapping, as proven by Rok-Matic’s Shout and my top 10 pick Hot Hot Racin’ Car, but here, all of that potential is wasted on an incoherent trainwreck of a song. The raps themselves suffer from rather clunky flow, and the melody returns by Linda are cornily repetitive. Even the production comes off as extremely flat, with a dull synth hook and improper development. The fact that this was voted the best song on SEB 223 just completely boggles my mind. Just because it experiments with genres less familiar to the SEB series does not mean it succeeds in any way.

2. Learning Love / Oceania (SEB 228)
Futura/Oceania never mustered anything beyond the average, but on this track, all of her usual blemishes reach a whole new level of shoddiness. Just about everything goes wrong on this track, from the underpowered production, to the unguided synthline, to the off-pitch and frail vocals, marred further by needless use of pitching; and to the hokey musical structure. It’s not quite as much of a killjoy as the Tanith & Dark Evil catastrophe, but it’s still a raucous mess that I certainly have no desire to listen to again.

3. Hot Like a Fire / Remy Panther (SEB 229)
After SEB 227, I was mildly excited about Malvicino’s introduction as the first new male HRG vocalist in nearly a decade, but unfortunately, songs like this almost make me nostalgic for Nick Festari again, as overexposed as he became. To be fair though, the problem here is mostly the song itself, as it’s about as non-thoughtful as you can possibly get with eurobeat. The entire production sounds like it was handled by someone who had absolutely no musical background but was somehow able to hijack the HRG studio in order to come up with it while the usual crew was out for the night. The melodies and lyrics alike are not only riddled with derivative qualities left and right, but also so incoherent that it feels like there was absolutely no theme or direction in conceiving them. As a vocalist, Malvicino has sort of an unrefined charm on I Wanna Run to You and Too Tan, but on something as colorless as this, he sounds horrifically incompetent. It’s schlock like this that gives eurobeat a bad reputation.

4. Tonight in Paradise / Belight (SEB 223)
Here’s how NOT to handle bubblegum eurobeat. All of the chaotic craziness that made Kiki & Kika/Fancy and some of newer Christine so much fun is absent. What we get instead is an underproduced reject tune for Playhouse Disney, complete with an ugly descending chord progression, saccharine vocals, and a painfully simplistic melody. You’d be better off listening to your uncle chant Carly Rae Jepsen’s Call Me Maybe than settling for this.

5. Boom Boom Boom / UltraViolet (SEB 229)
UltraViolet’s first three tracks are among the less forgettable creations to come out of Dima Music Studios over the past several albums, but the label’s perishing creativity finally catches up with the artist completely here. There seems to be absolutely no heart channeled into this failed fusion of bubblegum pop and anime music. The vocalist’s delivery seems incredibly half-assed, and the melody feels like a tired mish-mash of what seem like ideas that would constitute a massive hit but aren’t execute with attention to detail. Maybe if the presentation was improved, this would’ve been a decent song (the chorus is sort of similar to Vicky Vale’s more colorful One Two Three (To the Moon and Back) from SEB 89), but as it turned out, it just goes to prove how rusty a once towering label has gotten as of late.

6. Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Tonight / Annalise (SEB 222)
This is another song that sounds like it was written by somebody who doesn’t quite understand music theory. While not quite as rehashed as Hot Like a Fire or unpleasantly shrill as Learning Love, the track still feels utterly lost in its direction. The melody sounds like the type of thing you’d hear your three-year-old niece randomly improvise, with pretty much no sense of development or purpose.

7. Gimme Love / Norma Sheffield (SEB 222)
Believe it or not, Norma’s appearances on SEB 224 and SEB 226 aren’t half-bad. This, on the other hand, is soppy garbage. The vocals are as underwhelming as ever, and the production offers nothing in the way of inspiration.

8. Whenever I Dream On / Tipsy & Tipsy (SEB 227)
Ah yes, this is Saifam at its absolute worst. In comparison to something awesome like Bandolero or the aforementioned Hurry Hurry Hurry, this song has the same cheery incentives but none of the spark that makes it identifiable. What we’re left with is pretty much what would probably happen if the Disney Channel’s next upcoming female star made her music crossover in the eurobeat industry.

9. Bad Girl / Domino (SEB 226)
I’ve gradually come to realize over the years that Domino isn’t actually my favorite artist, but I never expected any of her newer material to be this bad, either. Much like Boom Boom Boom, this comes off as an incredibly half-assed attempt at eurobeat cheese. The melody is practically nonexistent and the synths are much too thin for my liking. The verse feels like a rush job, while the chorus treads by without any kind of memorable hook. This track has the same playfulness as Domino’s classics like Stop and Euroboy but is otherwise a completely soulless production.

10. Bad Joy / Tora (SEB 222)
It seems that Andrea Leonardi’s female-guided productions are the yin to his male tracks’ yang. With the exception of Prayer and Walking Alone in London, all of SinclaireStyle’s female-led works from the 220’s are unimpressive at best, and this is probably the blandest of all of them. The production is as effervescent as Loving Eurobeat, but the melody is extremely hollow and the vocals are drowned out by an overuse of enhancers. It all amounts to a track that’s stiff, robotic, and ultimately lifeless.

Dishonorable Mentions:

I Just Wanna Stay with You / Dream Fighters (SEB 225)
Wild Boys / Rich Hard (SEB 221)
Liar / David Dima (SEB 228)
Get Somebody to Love Him / Wildside (SEB 228)
ImageImage

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 22 Jul 2014, 14:01

Here's my take. I'll be VERY brief on my mini write up this time round though (probably because there's nth else to say about the tracks that can't be found in my actual reviews)

Top 10:

1. Black Shadow / Powerful T (SEB 229)
Epic title, epic theme and some incredibly memorable lyrics. This is hardly the traditional Powerful T we all know and it's song length can be a deterrent to those who care but the positives just completely overshadows (no pun intended) everything else and listening to it, it does feel like a complete track overall. This marginally beats my 2nd track by just a hairbreadth.

2. 1 Fire / Dave Rodgers (SEB 221)
Although this is number two on my list, it is certainly no slouch when put against my top track. With an edgy melody, memorable guitars and smooth vocals, this is the kind of classic Dave track that he was meant to do. A pity he went off tangent after this track, so here's hoping we get another 'House Of Fire' or '1 Fire' in the 230s.

3. Fight / Rich Hard (SEB 226)
The best damn Rich Hard song ever, nuff said'

4. Bad Love / David Dima
GUITAR RIFF! Easily the best Dima song in the decade.

5. Been A Bang / Fastway (SEB 227)
I literally shed tears when I heard this track. 'BAB' is so masculine, punchy and energetic and encompasses every single element that made Fastway's tracks such a hit with the masses.

6. New Race Game / Dave Rodgers (SEB 229)
Classic Dave, but without a hard hitting break and crazy amounts of guitars. Still, the general catchiness of the melody and the ideas in this song makes it more than worthy for a number five.

7. Money Money Money / Dave Rodgers (SEB 227)
Dave's rendition of eurotechno? Regardless, this track has a certain air of 'confidence' around it, and we all love confident people don't we? The verse are especially prominent and it's hard not to get carried away with this track.

8. Welcome To The Show / Tanith & Dark Evil (SEB 223)
I had a bit of problem slotting this track in initially. To be honest, I totally love this track to bits but it's hard to put these at the top where 'better' tracks stand. Still, this is one hell of a floorfiller that is so out of this world for the label that it's a real joy to listen to

9. Power & Glory / Luke (SEB 229)
This track can have all the power and glory it needs. It's anthemic production and out of Delta's world melody pretty much cements it's spot as one of my top tracks of the year.

10. Blue / Rich Hard (SEB 223)
This isn't the party animal like 'Fight' is, but it still is a 'Rich Hard' track at heart, which means that it's insane yet sporting a lot of really interesting ideas and inserts as well. The melody is something so original sounding I can assure you will not hear anything even remotely close on any other labels, period.

HMs:
King Of The Century / Leslie Parrish
Into The Sunrise / Dave Rodgers
Tearful Eyes / Les
Fly Magic / Jager

Bottom 10:

1. The Winner Is Me / Megan (SEB 228)
Calling itself a winner is simply atrocious. The melody is okay but the technical details of this track are simply too annoying to be of any real enjoyment.

2. Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Tonight / Annalise (SEB 222)
There's really nothing memorable about this track. It's the type that is just so mediocre that it's not worth going into detail about. Track should have just stayed in Limbo, period.

3. For The Fans / Tora & Dejo (SEB 229)
The same reason why the Megan track sucked a big one. The sounds are just too annoying, period.

4. Dance To The Top Of Fire / Cy-Ro (SEB 222)
Like I said, the label is certainly not in danger of burning out on ideas however, I am not particularly sold on their wacky tracks and even more when it's Festari on vocals. This is the worst of the lot for the label this SEB decade.

5. Overjoy / Leslie Parrish (SEB 223)
Not to knock on Odyssey, but this track sounds really out of place for a Leslie Parrish track. I'd even go as far as saying that this is probably the worst Leslie Parrish track ever.

6. Say Say Say / Annalise (SEB 224)
Laziness on my part but refer to my write up on 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us' for the same exact thing about this track.

7. Baby Tonight / Tipsy & Tipsy (SEB 225)
Saifam's female tracks are the epitome of blandness this decade with the exception of 'Get Somebody To Love Him', and frankly has been that way for ages. I don't want to knock on the label just for the sake of it but until the label shows more oomph in their productions, it's hard to take them seriously.

8. Down Down Down / Tipsy & Tipsy (SEB 221)
Same as No. 7

9. Miss You / Mickey B (SEB 223)
As I've said in my 223 review, she hardly sounds like she wishes to sing this track at all and sounds like she'doing it out of obligation. Enthusiasm is totally missing from this track.

10. Stay With Me / Stephy Martini (SEB 224)
If there's a universal theme to all my bottom 10, it's that they are all annoying sounding, and this sole Dima track on my list is completely guilty of that to the maximum extent. The worst Stephy Martini track ever.

DHMs:
Wherever Forever / Ciao Ciao
Lucky Lucky / Garcon
Tonight In Paradise / Belight
Last edited by WNight on 06 Sep 2014, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 23 Jul 2014, 10:48

Top 10 in no particular order.

1. Welcome To The Show / Tanith & Dark Evil
2. Higher Higher More And More / Bliss
3. Crazy Little Love / Nuage
4. Tiger / Manuel
5. Too Tan / Billy The Butcher
6. Loving Eurobeat / Dejo & Bon
7. Kiss / Bamboo Bimbo
8. Tearful Eyes / Les
9. Beat Around / Les & Megan
10. Hey You! / Roberta

HM
Prayer / Ducky Chix
Pull The Trigger / Bon
New Race Game / Dave Rodgers
Sunlight / Kaioh
Last Of Eurobeat / Mark Farina

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 23 Jul 2014, 11:13

I won't explain why for each tracks though because... well... I don't want to review songs for a second time.

Top 10, in no particular order:
  • Kiss / Bamboo Bimbo
    Welcome To The Show / Tanith & Dark Evil
    Tearful Eyes / Les
    Kool Kitten / Franz Tornado
    Been A Bang / Fastway
    Give A New Go / Pamsy
    Dancing Out of Danger / Fastway
    Don't Forget / Paul Harris
    Get Somebody To Love Him / Wildside
    Last of Eurobeat / Mark Farina
Bottom 10, in no particular order:
  • Reborn My Fire / Cherry
    Ringtone / Boris
    Boom Boom Boom / Ultraviolet
    Unforgettable / Cherry
    Take Me Into Your Golden Dream / Norma Sheffield
    Cactus Girl / Jeff Driller
    Angel Right To Me / Bliss
    One Shiny Day / Eliza
    Drill-O-Man / Jeff Driller
    Operation Casablanca / Dee Dee Wonder
Honorable mentions:
  • Too Tan / Billy The Butcher
    Far From The Light / Leo River
    Tiger / Manuel
    Into The Sunrise / Dave Rodgers
    Dance In The Sunlight / Ace
Dishonorable mentions:
  • Fly Magic / Jager
    Power & Love / Stephy Martini
    For The Fans / Tora & Dejo
    Say Say Say / Annalise
    Dreamers / Paul Harris
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

KiraTM
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by KiraTM » 23 Jul 2014, 12:28

My Top 10 (from best to good):

01. Eliza - One Shiny Day 226
02. Ducky Chix - Prayer 224
03. Rich Hard - Catching The Fire 228
04. Bon - Pull The Trigger 224
05. Rich Hard - Blue 223
06. Ultraviolet - Moonlight Hero 225
07. Dee Dee Wonder - Operation Casablanca 228
08. Casanova - Crazy Love [Platinum Version] 229
09. Scream Team - Wacky-Wacky-O! 221
10. Gordon Jim - I Wanna Run Away 227

And my Flop 10 (from bad to worse) - you'll hate me for the ranking.

10. Karen - Maybe One Day
09. Tanith & Dark Evil - Welcome To The Show
08. Dave & Futura - Into The Moon
07. Norma Sheffield feat. Futura - Take A Chance On Me
06. Nuage - Crazy Little Love
05. Norma Sheffield - Do You Believe In Love
04. Norma Sheffield - Take Me Into Your Golden Dream
03. Mickey B. - Miss You
02. Annalise - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Tonight
01. Norma Sheffield - Gimme Love

Yep, 9/10 are by Sun Fire/ABC. I hate Norma's vocals...

para_rigby
Euroheater

Post by para_rigby » 23 Jul 2014, 14:41

I just have to know what it is about Rich Hard that many people like!

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 23 Jul 2014, 19:16

Top 10 (in no particular order)

These are the ones that stayed with me, that kept my attention for the longest with either hooks, melodies, vocals, innovation or any combination of those elements

Ducky Chix - Prayer
I'm still blown away by this modern-scented loveletter to the past. Just like the cover, the mood of it is dark and cold while bursts of power force their way up to the surface. The synth riff is familiar but like with a lot of eurobeat, the chorus is something I put a lot of emphasis on. It sounds like a darker version of the past, properly updated and wrapped with one of my favourite vocal hooks from 220-.

Annalise - Say Say Say
Standard and safe, but beautiful and bittersweet all at the same time. Annalise pulls it off like no other, lending it some more brightness. If I had to level some criticism on it it's that most of the break doesn't get any better than decent. The chorus still sounds like perfection in my ears, I went around singing this for weeks after hearing it.

Bamboo Bimbo - Kiss
Makes me wanna kiss whoever wrote it, seriously
All of it sounds either exciting or aggressive and the synth sells it completely

Scream Team - Wacky-Wacky-O!
It's so unique it demands your attention. Everything this song set out to do it accomplished and exceeded, so much that I can't find anything I remotely dislike. I don't even want to try, I'll enjoy this song until I tire of it (which won't be anytime soon)

Powerful T. - Kelly
I wish more songs like this would be released under the Powerful T. alias. It's nothing new, nothing innovative or exciting but this is the eurobeat I absolutely love. It's all about the feelings each song conveys through melody, movement and singing. To me, this is something Powerful T. should sing more of, he absolutely kills it.

Billy the Butcher - Too Tan
I can't even imagine the thought process behind this one. Too Tan sounds like "Tutan" in Tutankhamen. Let's have a song with Egyptian themes called Too Tan! The vocals are an acquired taste that I didn't have the first time, but thanks to this gem I warmed up to them. Especially the harmonized parts of the chorus.

Casanova - Crazy Love
A resurrection of the Casanova alias, new champ of the male aishu! After going unused for almost a decade, Maurizio returns with the same emotional style and it's as amazing as it was before. I'm hoping this isn't just a small comeback, though.

Mickey B. - Miss You
Infinity explains it better than I ever could, but it's loud, pumping and easily danceable. The hook stands out to me as memorable as hell and the synth makes up for its lack of complexity with raw power and several decibels.

Les - Tearful Eyes
Kind of a warm-up before Prayer but stands on its own as one powerhouse of an aishu track. Its main points have to be the catchy riff and the strong, explosive hook.

Rich Hard - Wild Boys
I won't even try to explain why because I can't. It's so heavily reliant on taste and how open you are to this side of eurobeat. If eurobeat is cheese, Rich Hard is cottage cheese.

Honorable Mentions
Dave Rodgers - 1 Fire
Dave & Futura - Into the Moon
Megan - Walking Alone in London
Ultraviolet - Moonlight Hero
Jager - Fly Magic

Bottom 10

Tanith & Dark Evil - Welcome to the Show
Just shows how different opinions and tastes are here. To me it just sounds like one big mess of rough, electronic noise with corny rapping thrown in. Unless the rap comes from a Vanessa track when SEB was rocking single digits, I'm not keen on hearing it either way. I don't want to be too harsh but the good thing about this song is that it's the last one on the album so I don't need to bother skipping past it.

Mark Farina - Last of Eurobeat
Before I write anything else I'll just say that it has nothing to do with the writing or the vocals, I have nothing against that. What makes this song genuinely unpleasant to listen to is the constant, high-pitched screech in the backing track. That contrasted with the very deep bass and kick makes it sound not only weird but unpleasant. It's something in the mix that I just can't agree with no matter how hard I try.

Cherry - Reborn My Fire
Listening to it again I realize how flat and boring it sounds. Everything from the vocals and the synth to the backing, I can't feel any energy coming from this track at all. It's a special kind of depressing considering Clara has contributed to several eurobeat-defining tracks.

Rich Hard - Wild Boys <Original>
What difference a few bpm's can do...

Leslie Parrish - Overjoy
I just don't like Travis' synth riffs. Luna had a great riff and I still listen to that song, but I just don't feel a single thing when I listen to the riff to Overjoy. It just feels empty to me.

Those are the ones I dislike enough to write about, at least.
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

vinyl12
Eurocurious

Post by vinyl12 » 26 Jul 2014, 17:10

Top 10
Beat Around / Les & Megan
Xmas Love / SS All Stars
Wilder Faster Louder / Dejo
Learning Love / Futura
Goldginger / Nick Turbo
Take A Chance on Me / Norma Sheffield feat.Futura
Ready to Love / Leo River
Flying Free / Stephy
Overjoy / Leslie Parrish
Different Girl / An-G

HMs
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Tonight / Annalise
Reborn My Fire / Cherry
Hey You! / Roberta
Catching the Fire / Rich Hard
Dance into the Fire / J.Storm
The Day of the Rain / David Dima

Bottom 5
Gimme Love / Norma Sheffield
One Love One Love / Boris
Liar / David Dima
Moonlight Hero / Ultraviolet
Hot Like A Fire / Remy Panther - At least I liked the way riff sounds.

Writing down the list, I just realized that I quite enjoyed this decade.

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 26 Jul 2014, 23:36

Top 10:

Y_Tachi
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Y_Tachi » 27 Jul 2014, 04:52

Top 10:
1.Wilder Faster Louder / Dejo (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi
I felt........Night of Fire or Thank-you Arigato came back!!
It's fantastic and exciting music, and listened to it many times!!
I can't help listening to it!!!

2.Walking alone in London / Megan (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi - Ugolini
I think it, the fusion of aggressive and sorrow style!
I had listened to it many times before W.F.L.!

3.Tearful Eyes / Les (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi - Foglia

4.Pull The Trigger / Bon (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi

5.Angel / Nathalie and Roberta (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi - Ugolini - Bozzi

6.Bad Joy / Tora (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi

7.Loving Eurobeat / Dejo and Bon (2012, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi

8.Boys gone Wild / Dejo (2012, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi

9.X'mas Love / Sinclairestyle All Stars (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi - Ugolini

10.Prayer / Ducky Chix (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi - Ugolini

Worst 10
Almost all excepted for Sinclairestyle's musics.
ImageI Love Nermal!!!!Image

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 27 Jul 2014, 07:32

Y_Tachi wrote:Top 10:

5.Angel / Nathalie and Roberta (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi - Ugolini - Bozzi

9.X'mas Love / Sinclairestyle All Stars (2013, Sinclairestyle) Leonardi - Ugolini

Worst 10
Amazing... This guy/girl here totally took the definition of fanboy/girl to the extreme level. Sinclaire totally needs to buy you a beer just for your sheer loyalty.

Seriously though, did you even listen to the non Sinclairestyle songs at all? :p

Y_Tachi
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Y_Tachi » 27 Jul 2014, 09:15

Happen to do it. :)
It is natural that you thought I'm crazy of Sinclairestyle because of strong recommendation.

In fact, I listened to many many musics include Italo-disco such as Danny Keith - All the Night, Billy Mappy - Get it on and so on.

Frankly speaking, I feel that musics in recent SEB do hardly have their value to listen to because of SEB's corruption.

However, Sinclairestyle is vital because of its base.
ImageI Love Nermal!!!!Image

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 27 Jul 2014, 09:45

I've going to post my top 10 tracks at the moment. There have been quite a lot of poor, generic tracks this year, so it's hard for me to remember the worst ones at the moment... :P

TOP 10 of the SEB 220's

1. ACE - BRAND NEW WORLD (SEB 229)
2. MANUEL - MANGA STYLE (SEB 227)
3. RICH HARD - WILD BOYS (SEB 221)
4. PAMSY - DON'T KEEP YOUR LOVE AWAY (SEB 229)
5. HOTBLADE - SHOWDOWN (SEB 227)
6. MANUEL - NEVER SAY NEVER (SEB 225)
7. FASTWAY - DANCING OUT OF DANGER (SEB 229)
8. PAMSY - GIVE A NEW GO (SEB 228)
9. DEJO - WILDER FASTER LOUDER (SEB 227)
10. MANUEL - TIGER (SEB 229)

The last part of this decade was definitely far stronger, with 4 from my top 10 from SEB 229 and 3 from SEB 227. It's also a surprise for me to see that Manuel has beat Pamsy by getting all of his tracks into the Top 10. Crazy And Free isn't aging well for me to be honest - I still enjoy the song, but I don't believe it's among the best of this decade.

Lebon14
Eurobeat Guru

Post by Lebon14 » 27 Jul 2014, 16:11

Y_Tachi wrote:Top 10:

Worst 10
They are good tracks for the most part but... ONLY SINCLAIRE? And discarding everything else? That's extreme fanboyism like WNight already pointed out. Open your mind dude.
椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 27 Jul 2014, 20:02

Lebon14 wrote:
They are good tracks for the most part but... ONLY SINCLAIRE? And discarding everything else? That's extreme fanboyism like WNight already pointed out. Open your mind dude.
What if they just really like SinclaireStyle? While not as crazy for SS as Tachi here, most of my faves from this decade have been SS as well (besides Wilder Faster Louder even :P). I'm guessing Tachi is just a fan of the older style, SinclaireStyle is pretty much the only big label that sounds like that anymore.