eurobeat edits

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
DJ Timotei
Bad Bad Bad

eurobeat edits

Post by DJ Timotei » 27 Dec 2014, 08:23

Hey guys! Not sure whether this is the right place to start this thread. But I need some help. I've listened to eurobeat for almost 3 years now, and whenever I listen to megamixes, I always notice somehow the songs sounds different, one example is MAHARAJA TOHO, the edits are made by DJ S'RON. And others are like tmftake, TUSSY SEM and Koody. I used to be able to make edits for super ponybeat cuz odyssey releases instrumentals and I just screw up the songs and add in the vocals. Unfortunately other songs don't have acapella or instrumental. I've wanted to make my own from touhou eurobeat but I am unable to find a program that can separate the music from the vocals.please help!
My name is Timothy~ I love making Eurobeat edits as well as megamixes! ^^

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 27 Dec 2014, 09:34

I use a VST plugin called Extra Boy to remove vocals so I can listen to the backing track more closely, but the process used to remove vocals in any program degrades the quality so I wouldn't suggest using it in a mix.

There is really no way to separate vocals from music while keeping decent sound quality. Especially not in a dense genre like eurobeat.

KoolKool
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by KoolKool » 27 Dec 2014, 15:29

best way!
ask the producer who made the song to give what you need! lol!
soundcloud.com/hainam-1

cdpp
Bad Bad Bad

Post by cdpp » 14 Nov 2015, 22:34

Mindsweeper wrote: There is really no way to separate vocals from music while keeping decent sound quality.
Exactly. So far we haven't gotten software that advanced yet.
You COULD phase invert the instrumental track over the original, but that's assuming there even was an nstrumental both tracks were mastered the same

AFAIK the closest you will get is manual noise editing; iZotope RX5 and sony SpectraLayers seem to do fairly well.

here's my attempt at extracting vocals from Nujabes - Shiki no Uta
This was edited straight from the original track
It's not perfect , but it's definitely handy for extracting short phrases/hooks.

but yeah seriously if anyone knows a better way to extract vocals that'd be hella cool

[/url]