Super Eurobeat 233

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 25 Apr 2015, 05:45

milachan
also the path some labels are heading to really frightens me… … …
if you mean the happy go lucky vibe of the cd? It was probly some theme avex was going for. A theme that; thank goodness, Dima and HRG Attack decided to ignore. :D

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 25 Apr 2015, 16:56

drnrg wrote:milachan
also the path some labels are heading to really frightens me… … …
if you mean the happy go lucky vibe of the cd? It was probly some theme avex was going for. A theme that; thank goodness, Dima and HRG Attack decided to ignore. :D
How are the Hi-NRG songs not technically "Happy Go Lucky"?

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 26 Apr 2015, 06:34

WNight
How are the Hi-NRG songs not technically "Happy Go Lucky"?
They actually went half n half on this disc. "Little Girls..." has the happy vibe, but no Kiddie shoutouts. major points for sparing me from that awefullness. Jee Bee "Gimmi All Your Love" is serious HRG Attack style. like Lilly "Make Me Wonder" or Cindy " In The Rythm of the Night" No happy vibe. Even Jee Bee's vocals are normal.

With that I'm gonna review this cd , before the chance slips me by once more. It by far one of my favourites, but there are some surprises. Also a few of my original vinyls. So without further ado... lets get into it.
Super Eurobeat vol. 233

1. Domino - Hai Hai (GGMs)
Never been a fan of these ultra happy fests. The ones I hate the most usually include some ear wrenching child -like shout -outs. Domino, excelles in this style and thios song is in your face with the "Hai Hai" shoutouts I don't know if its actually her in kid vocal mode or what, but it never has worked for me. I was a huge fan of "Bad Girl". I even made my own extended, but this "Hai Hai" sounds like its geared towards children more than anything. Not even the semi - interesting synth riff can save this song. terrible way to start the cd.
6-/10

2. Hotbalde - Manifold Love (SCP)
Just to get it out of my way. I'm really upset this only runs 4:00 mins. It seems that just when I really start getting into it, it ends ubruptly.
:-x On the positive side; this song is actually one of the best ones on the cd. Actually coulda been above level, had something interesting been done, instead of just a run of the mill SCP edit. The synth riff is really full of NRG and even Hotblade sounds to be in top shape vocally. Catchy and melodic as anything he has released and screams for a traditional extended. Unfortunately; it all ends up being a kick in the face, as it just ends up sounding like an extended preview of a song. However, I will grade it on it's quality, since the cool synth riff, vocals and melos are still way more important than it's legnth.
8+/10

3. Stephy Martini - Beautiful Night (Dima Music)

Here is a style that I have longed for to return to the series since TIME/Eurogrooves left almost 5 years ago. It's been that long since a true Aishu Eurobeat song garced the disc. Cherry; from DELTA and Norma Sheffeild's; here and there, appearences ,have provided some really nice Aishu tacks, but Stephy's New song is so perfectly mimicing the style ,that it almost feels like Dall Ora had ahand in the production. I know Dima can deliver some killer aishu as well, but he really hit the nail with this song. Even the synth riff is perfect. I recall his songs on EuroPanic; which Elena Feretti sung many of. What we have here is a TIME style aishu song played on Dima instrumentation soundworlds and it really works for me. Needless to say one of my top 3 tracks on the disc.
9+/10

4. Mela - Change Your Time (Saifam)
I actually enjoyed "a Love Story" once I untweeked the original chipmunk vocals to a more gracefull human tone. that would be the last Mela song I enjoyed. This snew song doesn't even try to bring anything new to their style. I don't mean weird EDM pop sounds. No. Not that. I mean; Saifam have really astonished me in the past with some great material, so it baffles me why they always resort to producing these; tailor made, for the Tipsy & Tipsy alias, songs? The one good thing this song has is the vocal tone, but that's all I noticed. ..and it's not enough for this song to be lost among 100s of other inunspired Saifam; girly, thump thump songs.
6/10

5. David Dima - Spirit of The Night (Dima Music)
So it seems Di Marcantonio is slowly comming out of the stalemate era he has been in. First the beautiful Stephy Martini song and now this epic powerful entry, which rightfully, carries his name. The song also stands out as the one bullseye male entry on a disc chalk full of "happy -go luck" vibes. he also does wonders with the 5:45 run legnth. Alot of different variations throughout the song is wgat really made me love this song even more. That; and the epic piano heard in the intro and ;once again, in the outro. The melody on the pianos somehow gives me vibes from the "Halloween" motion picture soundtrack. Either way, it give the track the right amount of that meloncholy effect I most remember loving from TIME records.
9+/10

6. LOL - Looking For A Sexy Boy (Sinclaire Style)
We are up to Sinclaire's first offering. It's funny I wrote about "Kiss My Boo Boo" on the other thread earlier tonight, because this song sounds inspired right off that classic. Sure it's one of the "happys" on this disc, but somehow Sinclaire knew how to inject just enough happy without making sound completely ridiculous and child-like. The agresso intro and midbreak have a lot in the say; as the song goes right into a different vibe all together and if a vinyl existed would be the perfect spot to mix a more agressive vibe song. The song ;in short ,keeps one entertained from beginning to end.
8-/10

7. Leslie Parrish - Oh Mama Mia (Delta)

Its interesting how different Eurobeat fans from different eras can be. I know some might concider this a tired formula, but I'll be the first to admit, I can never tire of good ole traditional Eurobeat sound. This one has a definate Italo melody in the verses and especially in the chorus. The intro is one of my fav aspects of the song. "OhOhohohoh" I love how they incorpoarted that into the chorus. It's also not your expected DELTA intros. Which be the way, I have noticed have really improved in the last 5 or so discs. the overall structure of the song also has a definate sound from when Clara was writing at TIME records. More to the point. Like the songs she collaborated with Gino Caria. Every thing sounds upscale on this song...and you can't resist "She Knows My Secret" :grin:
9/10

8. Boris - Go Go Go Big Bang Blow (Delta)

two Delta songs in a row. I would concider that n AVEX treat for once. So next we have the return of Boris. Everyone loves Boris for his Russian vibed Eurobeat songs. In fact it seems that the torch was passed on from Mad Cow to Boris. In reality ther are quite a few Russian themed Italo/Eurobeat songs scattered among the years. This is what I would concider a somewhat lyrically simple song that really shines in the synth riff department. I'm still warming up to it, but there are a few lines I really like. the "Jekyll & hyde" is one of them. I also enjoy the traditional "Ohohohs" and the break really brings out the trumpets as well. My gripe could be the excessively low vocal tone, but I noticed that with repeated listens it starts to mesh more & more with the rest of the song. The best thing is that every Boris song sounds a bit different from the last. I like that.
7+/10

9. Jee Bee - Gimmi All Your Love (HRG Attack)

..and we are up to the "creme of the crop". The Rock Star" of the Cd. How much love can I express to a woman who's first song on her label was entitled "High Energy". Through out the years; Jee Bee has released amny songs. Some have gone on to be classic "Wings of Fire" & "Touch & Kid me Up" just to name a few. She has also had quite afew misses, so I've been waiting big TIME for a major comeback from this lady and I'm happy to say; This is it. Form the very traditional and might I proudly add, Italo style intro to her crisp clear and perfect vocals, she hits the bullseye note after note. Speaking of "High Energy". This song's riff is definately inspired from that classic. A very subtle continuous piano is played thruout the chorus. Blink and you'll miss, but if you are constantly in tune with all of HRG Attcak's special parts of a song, you'll hear how it carries the quick vibe of the song, without the song itself having to be so fast that the overall synths become lost. Yeah, HRG is SEB to me nowadays. BTW, the image I used for the vinyl sleeve is what I wish SEB covers are would reflect more, so this being my favourit song on the disc, I decided to give it the SEB cover art I would like to see return to the series.
10/10

10. Furura - Seven Night (Sun Fire)
Here is a song that I thought would let me down completely upon listeing to the preview fro the first TIME. I am happy to say, I was wrong. It's one of thise songs that only comes alive once listened to it in its entireity. Futura has always sounded good to me. A little better than her Oceana alias. I wasn't a big fan of "I Know", but I absolutley loved the cuteness of her in"One More Night". maybe I just like the way she sings the word "Night" Whatever, I found this song to be just as addicting as "One More Night". Up to a sing along point. I know I mentioned not liking the synth sounds, but they sound way different when Dave inserts regular synths during the rest of the song to make them sound more welcomed. I also noticed that the song was only 4:30 long? I coulda sworn I heard a 5 min+ song complete with a killer outro that needs to be reheard over and over again.
9-/10

11. Michelle Rose - Little Girls Cannot Be Wrong (HRG Attack)

Anyone who knows anything about me, knows I love Michelle Rose songs to death. She can do no wrong when it comes to her HRG Attack vibe. Weather it be Italo style "Hard To Say I'm Sorry" or her grand all TIME" fav "Spirit of the Night". Even as half of Ciao Ciao she never sieze to amaze me. Now we have a new Michelle Rose song and I'm stoked to say, she hit the bullet. It's not "Happy Go Lucky" per say. The synth riffs and melos in Verses are Italo inspired, so it's just traditional HRG Attack Happy style. What I love about HRG Attack is that even thruought all these years ,they continue to compose some great intros. I also always felt this for TIME records. The intro is the hook and HRG Attack know exactly how to build up to a riff synth like no other. Another aspect is that the synth riff; though almost always sounding like it comes from a diferent song fuses perfect with any intro they dream up. What of Michelle's vocals. It's mainly the attitude she injects at thennd of each line that keeps me returning to her Time after Time. Say what you will, that its the same girl, but when you hear for certain tones and attitudes she brings to her songs, you'll notice a little difference between her, Jee Bee, Cindy ect... That's how you know she is one of your favourit female vocalists in the bizz. BTW, that's actual picture of Michelle Rose's image I used in the vinyl too. I've had that one for years from the fanclub.
9/10

12. Rich Hard - Go Go Player Games (Sun Fire)
Oh my how "Hard" Rich has fallen from his debut single; that was "Pirates" I'm usually a big Rich Hard fan. His last couple of songs were kinda overshadowed by better one on their respective discs, but this is really bad. I'll go as far as saying, it sounds like something off that Euro Energy series. remember those compilations with Gianni Corraini unreleased material that featured children shoutouts throughout the song. That was stuff from Gianni I wish I never heard. Anyway. This track has a really good intro. The one aspect that I enjoyed from the song and I really expected something epic to follow? What I got was a synth riff rthat sounds like it's played on a children's keyboard. This round; Futura adds nither charm nor cuteness to the track. It sounds more like something annoying you'd expect to hear on a Domino; geared for kid's, track. The melo in the chorus is old school, but man, does it fall flat on this track. I have no gripe with Rich's vocals. They sound just fine. It's the imperfections of Eurobeat singers that adds charm to their voices. many of you seem to have a problem with that and would rather have Autotune, but no way. Not in a million years. Anyway, his vocals isn't what killed the song for me. It's the whole production ;sans the intro, and that ties it up with Domino for one of the worst songs on the disc.
6-/10

13. Tora - Running On Love (Sinclaire Style)
TIME for Bratt's second appearance on the disc. It's another happy vibed song, but one from the good end. Slightly more enjoyable than "Looking For A Sexy Boy", but works better with her vocals. It's the chorus that gets you raching for that water bottle, so you can sing along with her at your best female impression. It's a fun song, but the aggressive soundworlds in the verses bring it to the next level. Add to that ; that Sinclaire knows how to use his 5min run legnth to it's best peak and you have another Sinclaire hit. best melo for me is the one in the bridge before the chorus. He brings it back quite a few TIMes before the song ends.
8/10

14. Kaory - Run To Me (GGMs)
So we are up to the longest running song on the disc. What should be an epic 6 min plus, but does it live up to the hype? I have to admit I was excited at first listen of the preview. It even sounds like Kaioh and some other female vocalists? Unless it's just him? Or he? I really can't tell, but I definetely get a male vibe in there too. I can sum up this song in 3 words. Transy Scream Fest. This is probobly gonna be mind blowing to most of you, but I've never been a fan of Screaming in Eurobeat. I much rather have powerful vocals. Stephy Martini in "Emotions" for example. Also this song is really a trans flavoured track disguised as a Eurobeat track. The synths are epic sounding but that muffled sound ,gives them too much of a trans sound. and the biggest gripe is? Where the hell do the 6mins go? I'll admit , that the intro is one of my favourite aspects of the song. The piano sounds amazing, but then it muffles the sound right before the main riff. This is an effect I care very little for. Plus There is no killer breakdown or even a build up to an epic outro. What it basically has is a very long chorus with another bridge after that. The chorus is another aspect that I like. Don't get me wrong, I actually do like alot about the song. It's just that I could do with a whole less screaming. The verses are great. That sudden break between the verses sounds great. The "angel" vocals right before the chorus or whatever its called? Also great. Even the way the tone builds down a bit in the chorus is great, but again that scream before the riff kills it for me...and like i said , the breakdown is again muffled trans effects. So I'm pretty sure; for a lot of you, this song will be concidered the favourite on the cd. Except maybe Wnight and Cy-Ro? For me; it just can't compete with the beter songs on the compilation. 6 mins or not . Like that one member said. "6 mins, doesn't insure an quality song"
7/10

15. Kiki & Fancy - Dance All Night (SCP)
So many of you will probobly go nuts for the return of Kiki & Fancy and for the most part; it's not a bad song. The chorus is what I concider pretty catchy. The riff that follows is not too good, but the melo in the verses is Gipsy & Queen worthy. Without the hyped up vocals it could really sound great. I'm just not a fan of super high vocals. Not even during the Chipmunk HRG Attack era was I too thrilled. Anyway, it's once again, SCP with their ultra short songs. It's really the effect I get when they are among songs running 4:30 mins and up. and yes you can make those extra 30 seconds really work for your song if done the right way. At the moment I really can't remember any Kiki & Fancy song, cept "Roly Poly Rock". I probobly like their non SEB songs alot more, but I just don't recall any right now. This is another song; Il probobly won't recall after it ends. Not the finishing bow I woulda put on this otherwise pretty decent compilation.
6+/10

I havn't done a full review of a SEB disc in quite someTIME. Not that I havn't liked the previous ones. In fact, some of my favourite Eurobeat songs of this and last year have come off the last few cds, I just havn't had the TIME. This one was catually pretty good for a female heavy compliation. Hopefully I can get around to doing some more complete reviews for the upcomming cds? In the future; I could do with less songs geared towards children and more of the DIMA vibe with HRG Attack and DELTA as my choatic and traditional servings. ..and please no more kiddie shout outs. I really hate those with a passion.

TOP 3 songs.
Jee Bee - Gimmi All Your Love (HRG Attack)
Stephy Martini - Beautiful Night (Dima music)
David Dima - Spirit of the Night (Dima music)

Bottom 3 songs.
Domino - Hai Hai (GGMs)
Rich Hard - Go Go Player Games (Sun Fire)
hardly ever appear here.
Kiki & Fancy - Dance All Night (SCP)

Award for best trans song trying to pass off as Eurobeat, but still good song. :P
Kaory - Run To Me (GGMs)

Darkholme
Eurobeat Master

Post by Darkholme » 26 Apr 2015, 10:21

Actually ended up enjoying Oh Mamma Mia. The instrumental section towards the end really sold me, but I just wish Clara would put more into her vocal performance. Listening to her now just makes me sad when I remember what she used to sound like. I dunno, maybe her voice has deepened with age but it's not only that, like others have already pointed out she doesn't sound that into it.
DANGEROSS! GOT TO FESS DE RESS!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 26 Apr 2015, 17:58

Drnrg...I'm with you on the 'Ohohohohohoh" intro! Love it, and love hearing it throughout the track!

Basically, I'll keep my review short and to the point:

Top Favs:
Domino-Hai Hai (love it for every reason Drnrg hates it)
LOL-Looking For A Sexy Boy (Pure epicness)
Leslie Parrish-Oh Mama Miah
Futura-Seven Night (LOVE THE VOCALS & overall sound)
Michelle Rose-Little Girls Cannot Be Wrong
Kiki & Fancy-Dance All Night

Great Listens:
Hot Blade-Manifold Love
Stephy Martin-Beautiful Night
Boris-Go Go Go Big Bang Blow
Jee Bee-Gimmie All Your Love
Rich Hard-Go Go Player Games
Tora-Running On Love

Bottom 3:
Mela-Change Your Time
David Dima-Spirit Of The Night
Kaory-Run To Me

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 26 Apr 2015, 19:17

@drnrg : Good review, I agree that this album is sort of cheery. Ironically, with the word "Night" all over he album lol. Also, your review of Little Girls cannot be wrong and the vinyl got picked up by Federico :)

@Bonkers : Good 'review', disappointed to see SOTN so low though, haha

Heck I may as well post my review since we're at it.

1. Hai Hai / Domino
Out of all the tracks Domino released, I rank this track somewhere near the bottom of the barrel. The worst part of it is it isn't even because the track is "bad" or because it's "too cheery". I actually appreciate the track for being upbeat and paying homage to her old pre-2000 tracks at A-Beat-C, but what really killed the song for me were the terrible amounts of 'Hai Hais' plastered all over the track. It was fun for a while, but it just got really annoying after repeated listens and I couldn't take much more and had to give this track a rest. A decent track, but I'd choose to listen to an unhyped 'Bad Girl' over this anyday.
Grade : 2.5/5

2. Manifold Love / Hotblade
Here's a track that is BEGGING to be released in full extended >4:30 form (and no, before anyone jumps on me, repeating parts to lengthen a song does not count). SCP still puts no effort in their intros/breakdowns/outro, but a Hotblade track is almost a bonafide hit regardless. The song is just bursting with energy, and the synth riff seems to be produced with a "heavier" sound from traditional SCP. Hotblade also displays extraordinary vocal skills here and he never lets up for even a moment on this track, which just further cements his status as the go to guy of SCP when you need a huge dose of adrenaline rush (Sorry Go 2, you are still better as a solo performance). I would 5/5 this, but I'll stand by the fact that this needs to be a "proper" extend at the very least before it deserves that kind of score.
Grade : 4/5

3. Beautiful Night / Stephy Martini
First things first, I LOVE hearing Stefania but seriously now, when are we getting another song where she can truly show her vocal prowess like 'Speed Demon'? 'Beautiful Night' has a stunning song structure that pays homage to the old Time Records aishu tracks, which does have their followers but I always found them to be pretty insipid for the most part ('Stay' by Victoria was really good though) so suffice to say, I didn't quite like this track either. On the upside, because this track got the Dima treatment, I actually enjoyed the powerful guitar driven opening and the guitar solo, not to mention Stephy's (feat Dima) beautiful vocals. Other than that, this is one track I unfortunately will not enjoy as much I would like to.
Grade : 2/5

4. Change Your Time / Mela
Heard this track before it was on SEB, didn't like it. I would at least give credit where it's due though, this track's A LOT better than a "standard" Tipsy & Tipsy track. For one, I actually enjoyed the verses in this track and the tom-tom production of this track oddly enough didn't bug me as much as I thought it would. I'll still put this track on low priority till Saifam picks themselves up again though.

5. Spirit Of The Night / David Dima
This is easily one of the best, or if not, Dima's best presentation thus far. Since 'With A Little Bit Of True Love' on 231, Dima once again brings one hell of a powerhouse track to the table to shut his detractors up. The entire song is JUST INCREDIBLE; The track opens with a soothing piano, followed by some chilling choir inserts before leading into a guitar build up that sets the stage for a blast into your ears. Dima drops a very powerful synth riff which is then followed by haunting vocal presentation and melody by none other than the man himself, especially the bridge. The chorus owns the track though, with my favourite part being the way he sings "Take your soul and make me wild" into "woahohohoh, but you can't touch me now cos I'm burning in the fire!". The song also sports a guitar solo, which is epic and will always make a song sound even better no matter how good or bad it is in the first place. Also, 5:45! The song is longer than a "standard" eurobeat and I never once felt that the track drags on more than it should be, which is the hallmark of a well executed extended version. The song then ends with another inclusion of the piano intro, which serves to complete the epic song full circle. What else can I say? As far as the Dima label goes, it can't get any better than this. Thanks Davide for this masterpiece!
Grade : 5+++++/5

6. Looking For A Sexy Boy / LOL
More "fun" tracks, looks like a certain group of listeners are in for a rockin' good time. Personally, I don't gravitate to such tracks easily unless they have something "special" to offer but it doesn't mean I have to hate them all. The songwriting is good, as expected of Sinclaire. The lyrics are kinda raunchy (if I actually read it right LOL) and I highly enjoyed hearing the EDM-ish intro/breakdown. Overall, this song's not a total lost cause for sure but I just prefer listening to something else.
Grade : 3/5

7. Oh Mamma Mia / Leslie Parrish
Said it before but I'll say it again : Clara will always be the sexy queen of eurobeat to me no matter how she sounds when singing. Other than that, this is a very cookie cutter Leslie Parrish track we've heard before countless other times, neither bad nor good. You either like it for staying true to it's comfort or hate it for being the same damn thing. Oh, the "ohohohohohohohs" and "She knows my secret" makes me swoon. Overall, I like this track, but I can't help but feel like the track wouldn't have been as high if Clara wasn't the one on the mic.
Grade : 3.5/5

8. Go Go Go Big Bang Blow / Boris
The deep rough voice, the russian theme and the wild melody ... It can only be a Boris song! I have always been supportive of Boris's russian themed eurobeat as it seems like Delta puts a lot of creative juices into his tracks as there's definitely a challenge in keeping up with the theme song after song. Like most other Delta tracks, if you weren't a fan of before, this one won't do much to change your mind but I personally enjoy the "craziness" of Boris's songs. I won't be quitting humming the chorus anytime soon for sure.
Grade : 3.5/5

9. Gimme All Your Love / Jee Bee
It wasn't too long ago that Hi-NRG Attack's songs keep on one upping each other on my hall of shame list, and while I am not personal attacking Festari or blasting him for his choice of music, I just feel that replacing him with Malvicino was the best thing to ever happen in the eurobeat world. From the compositions, it's clear as day that Malvicino has the upper hand in composing eurobeat as he seems to be able to bring an element of 'dynamicism' and relative 'seriousness' to his songs (probably because he deals alot with dance music while Festari likes rock more?). 'Gimme All Your Love' is a fine example of that and I highly enjoyed this track as opposed to say, a song like 'Wherever Forever' per say. I won't even comment on vocals, they all sound the same to me. Overall, this is the female 'Piston Go' for me, just less "powerful".
Grade : 5/5

10. Seven Night / Futura
'Seven Night' is the prime example of how a primarily 'cute' singer is capable of carrying an inherently beautiful track which will move one to tears just as well, albeit with the help of autotune but it is what it is. The track begins with a rather "affecting" and slightly melancholic intro, which then does a 360 into an upbeat synth riff, followed by an equally upbeat (and poppish) verse, which is then followed by another 360 into a very mystic sounding bridge and then finally into the strikingly beautiful chorus, with my favourite parts being the 2nd chorus where Futura is accompanied by a "backing vocal" in the lines "My love is so shine" and "My prince's on fire" and the heavily altered but nice sounding "Sunshine in seven night". Seeing a pattern here already? The "breakdown" itself follows such a pattern and if I were to emphasise anymore, this review would be two pages long. Malferrari herself isn't a top notch singer and heavily relies on autotune throughout the whole song, but I actually didn't mind it so much because tracks that call for it are what she does best at, and also because she gels with the style of the track too well that all is forgiven. "Lively", "Moving" and "Emotional" (The melody, not the lyrics) are three words to describe this track in a nutshell. What's even more commendable is that Dave played zero part in this track apparently and is all done by Malferrari herself, you go girl! For now, this takes top position as my favourite Sun Fire female track ever. Thanks Malferrari!
Grade : 5++++++/5

11. Little Girls Cannot Be Wrong / Michelle Rose
This song gives new meaning to the term "3 in 1". It's like 3 songs mixed into 1 to become the ultimate mixbag. For one thing, I totally love the hard pounding trancey riff of this track, the more power a song has, the more I love it. The vocals part are a little disorientating though, not bad but more like a "How does this part lead into that part etc?" Still, the energy present in this track is what really counts, and while I may not enjoy this track as much as 'Gimme All Your Love", I still give props to the "new" Hi-NRG Attack for their consistent good songs nowadays.

12. Go Go Player Games / Rich Hard
First things first, epic opening! It's refreshing to see producers putting real effort on their openings at the very least, unlike *ahem, who shall not be named*. It might probably come off as a surprise that I too, disliked the track initially because of certain factors, but Sun Fire tracks for me, never remain in the dumpster for long, and I still stand by the fact that the label has a penchant for songs that won't be "instant hits". One will probably need at least eight listens to know if you like it or not in the end (random statistics LOL). As usual, the label has a certain "way" of making their melodies that just standout from the rest and it is this "exoticness" that makes me love hearing the label so much at the cost of just about everything else. In fact, this is one of the less "chaotic" tracks of Sun Fire in a while. The synth used are admittedly, a huge departure from their usual material and does indeed sound "weaker" than usual but I never had a problem with it and have even grown to like this style (odd I know but that's really how SF works for me). Rich Hard's vocals too, initially bugged me as he sounded "off" on some parts of the track, especially the verse but it too, mellowed out as I kept on listening to the track. The chorus of this track has childish yelps but is plain excellent right now to the point where I would just get swept away and start humming along to the beat, especially the way he sings "We can go up up, and starting countdown!". This song is not going to strike a homerun with many for sure, and it really did took it's own sweet time, but now that it has "awaken", this now replaces "Fight" as my all time favourite Rich Hard track of all time. Thanks Malferrari once again for this one!
Grade : 5/5

13. Running On Love / Tora
'Running' is right. This track sure is fast and busy. As usual, excellent songwriting from Sinclaire, especially on the verses, one just can't deny the amount the amount of brain juice that's running in that guy's head. It's also good to see that the grating synths were not as "loud" as before so all is forgiven. All in all, I enjoyed this track and is definitely worthy of standing side by side with "Minimal Love" as some of the best female led Sinclaire tracks in a while.

14. Run To Me / Kaory
This is a song I like to call, the female version of Dima's "Spirit Of The Night", for it's just two really "Dark" songs with "Spiritual" elements. Unlike the latter, this is a prime example of a song that screams "FAN FAVOURITE" right from the get go. However you look at it, one cannot deny that the concept of this song is just plain INCREDIBLE; The song starts off with an ominous sounding piano intro that will send chills down your spine the moment you hear it, and by the time you hear Kaory/Irene(?) belting out her notes, I'm pretty sure a good number of people would be sold right there and then without the song actually even starting (I know I nearly was, LOL). The verses are superb and the bridge defines the word "powerful" to a whole new level in the eurobeat world, in fact by the time the bridge ends, it is hands down, the most powerful eurobeat track I've heard in a good while and by the time the chorus ends with that over the top belting, I was left in the dust, almost to a point where it became somewhat creepy and I was totally ready to call this track pure madness. The breakdown wasn't exactly impressive either but hey, at least GGM bothers to do it this time so I'm not complaining. Like drnrg, I too have to question on just how "eurobeat" is this track exactly as it doesn't quite have the "elements" of a "typical" eurobeat track and sounds more like uhm ... I don't know but just something. At 6:24, the long running time in my opinion is both a blessing and a curse for this track. I get to hear a "long" song but because this track is so over the top, I personally can't listen to this song for more than a few times before I need to "catch a break" (headphones user here). Overall, it's an excellent song for sure but god jesus is this song (and the people involved in producing and singing this track) absolutely insane. I still can't comprehend this song as being GGM produced, I mean, GGM really? Did they suddenly decide to leap out of their 4 minute edits to produce a 6 minute powerhouse track? Plain unbelievable!
Grade : 4.25/5

15. Dance All Night / Kiki & Fancy
A decent enough track, for the sole reason of it being the perfect song to temper the madness that is the previous track. This type of insanely upbeat and cheery songs will find an audience with some people, but for the rest of us who are more inclined towards serious eurobeat, it would be better to skip this song altogether to save your sanity. You won't regret it.

Top tracks of 233:
Seven Night / Futura | Spirit Of The Night / David Dima
Go Go Player Games / Rich Hard

Bottom tracks of 233:
Dance All Night / Kiki & Fancy
Beautiful Night / Stephy Martini
Change Your Time / Mela

Honorable Mention(s):
Gimme All Your Love / Jee Bee
Run To Me / Kaory (for being the most over the top eurobeat track in a long while)

JingleJungleBoy
Eurobeat Boom

Post by JingleJungleBoy » 26 Apr 2015, 19:50

Best Tracks
Go Go Player Games / Rich Hard
Go Go Go Big Bang Blow / Boris
Looking For A Sexy Boy / LOL
Beautiful Night / Stephy Martin
Gimme All Your Love / Jee Bee
Oh Mamma Mia / Leslie Parrish

Great Tracks
Little Girls Cannot Be Wrong / Michelle Rose
Seven Night / Futura
Running On Love / Tora
Run To Me / Kaory
Change Your Time / Mela
Spirit Of The Night / David Dima

Manifold Love / Hotblade

Bottom Tracks
Hai Hai / Domino
Dance All Night / Kiki & Fancy

8.5/10
Last bought Vinyls:
Joe D. Toaster - Beautiful
Garcon - Batman Is Bruce Wayne
Jay Gunner - Touch Me
Jee Bee - Music In The Rhythm
Mara Nell - Back To The Melody

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 26 Apr 2015, 20:42

Top 4:

1. Kaory - Run To Me
2. David Dima - Spirit Of The Night
3. Stephy Martin - Beautiful Night
4. Futura - Seven Night

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Apr 2015, 01:44

My only advice to Futura is if you're going to produce two songs for the same album, don't make both tracks sound the same.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Apr 2015, 05:40

WNight
lso, your review of Little Girls cannot be wrong and the vinyl got picked up by Federico Smile

Wow! That is the best news yet! A true honour. How did you come about that news?

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 27 Apr 2015, 05:44

drnrg wrote:WNight
lso, your review of Little Girls cannot be wrong and the vinyl got picked up by Federico Smile

Wow! That is the best news yet! A true honour. How did you come about that news?
It's on his facebook page, Malvicino liked your review too actually. :grin:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 27 Apr 2015, 05:53

WNight

WNight
15. Dance All Night / Kiki & Fancy ill find an audience with some people, but for the rest of us who are more incline
A decent enough track, for the sole reason of it being the perfect song to temper the madness that is the previous track. This type of insanely upbeat and cheery songs wd towards serious eurobeat, it would be better to skip this song altogether to save your sanity. You won't regret it.
That last line. gets me everyTIME. 8)

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 27 Apr 2015, 08:47

Bonkers wrote:My only advice to Futura is if you're going to produce two songs for the same album, don't make both tracks sound the same.
this
WNight wrote:
drnrg wrote:WNight
It's on his facebook page, Malvicino liked your review too actually. :grin:
I've seen he posting your reviews several times hahahaha (I see and think "it's definitely drnrg words haha"), Malvicino also used some of your covers, so much fun.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 27 Apr 2015, 23:29

Does anyone else think Oh Mama Mia sounds like:

Overload by Voodoo & Serano?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OHnGbMnwdo

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Apr 2015, 05:23

milachan
I've seen he posting your reviews several times hahahaha (I see and think "it's definitely drnrg words haha"), Malvicino also used some of your covers, so much fun.

always last to know :(

but at the same TIME, super excited to know this :D :grin: :) 8)

I definate;y need his facebook page link.

Anyway, premeiring two more covers.

David Dima - Spirit Of The Night (Dima Music)

LOL - Looking For A Sexy Boy (Sinclaire Style)