Do you still buy Eurobeat albums?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 11 Nov 2015, 02:29

I was just listening to SEB 46 the other day! It's a fun mix.

Crockett
Eurobeat Master

Post by Crockett » 11 Nov 2015, 14:16

Bore wrote:On the very topic: My haul from the 2 week trip to Japan. Only 3 of the albums I bought ended up being doubles.... Well could've been worse. I was mostly happy for the Eurofire one. And next time I know for sure to bring an empty suitcase so I don't need to be careful with what I buy.

I wonder, where did you get brand new copies, unless I'm wrong what I see? Euro Fire Vol. 27 is new as well, that seems the most impossible. It's not definitely impossible, but my question is - what for? And one more question, are they first press copies? I bought also some 90s CDs as brand new, but on the back covers I found double date of release, even the quality of plastic cases testifies, that they aren't from original year of release.

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 11 Nov 2015, 14:38

Yeah they were all sealed. Euro Fire 27 was just on a shelf alongside other random assorted compilation albums. Wasn't expecting to find one of them in the first place, but glad I did. And pretty much every album I bought was first press. Fortunately.

Phil Jay Falcon

Re: Do you still buy Eurobeat albums?

Post by Phil Jay Falcon » 30 Sep 2021, 21:11

DarkSky wrote: 30 Oct 2015, 13:16 Just wondering if ya'll still buy albums. Just SEB or also others? New, or second hand? Digital or CD/vinyl?
Yes, of course, why not? :) As a fan, you should at least buying those, which contain your favorite songs.
My collection isn't quite complete yet, but I think, it will never be complete at all. I buy only those Volumes, which contains extended songs. And as you know, only in the beginning of the Eurobeat-era (or let's say the 80s and the early 90s) came extended songs, no matter if SEB, Maharaja Night, That's Eurobeat or Eurobeat-Flash. And each Volume contains 12 or 13 songs at least. But that changed at some point and then it continued with 18 songs each volume and they were only 4 minutes long or even shorter. And of course, I don't want to buy Volumes, that contain only short edits. On Youtube, there are several Eurobeat-Tracks with extended songs, which you don't find on the Volumes itself. For example Disco Vega with "Hi Energy": As extended version 8 Minutes long, but in SEB Vol. 74 only 4 Minutes. So it should be clear, that I will not buying this SEB Volume. Same goes for example Cindy with "Sex on the beach" or Real Power with "Crazy love for my heart" from the Eurobeat Flash-Volumes.
So I will never have a complete collection of everything, but that's OK. I just buy only those Volumes, which contains my favorites in extended and for the rest I have youtube. That should be fine.
And it doesn't matter, if second hand or not, as long as the CD and the jewel case are in good condition. Especially the CD should be in good condition. Every single Eurobeat-CD I have is second hand, lol. :grin:

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 01 Oct 2021, 02:56

Just got SEB 91 from a seller.

dario.zg
Euro To B

Post by dario.zg » 21 Dec 2021, 10:25

YES! Specially searching for some first SEB volumes....