home recording

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 22 Jan 2008, 22:19

I posted Don't Make Me Love You recently, kinda got ignored. Lina might be coming in to do some recording this weekend, and I keep *meaning* to do vocals for one or two others. Plus I'm working on a fair bit of non-eurobeat right now (got requests for Chicago house, ambient chill, and a hardhouse cover of Still Alive. Yes, THAT Still Alive)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 22 Jan 2008, 22:22

Mikaeru wrote:I posted Don't Make Me Love You recently, kinda got ignored. Lina might be coming in to do some recording this weekend, and I keep *meaning* to do vocals for one or two others. Plus I'm working on a fair bit of non-eurobeat right now (got requests for Chicago house, ambient chill, and a hardhouse cover of Still Alive. Yes, THAT Still Alive)
Whenever you finish the latter, send it to me! XD

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 29 Jan 2008, 05:59

MKwiakaku wrote:
Mikaeru wrote:I posted Don't Make Me Love You recently, kinda got ignored. Lina might be coming in to do some recording this weekend, and I keep *meaning* to do vocals for one or two others. Plus I'm working on a fair bit of non-eurobeat right now (got requests for Chicago house, ambient chill, and a hardhouse cover of Still Alive. Yes, THAT Still Alive)
Whenever you finish the latter, send it to me! XD
http://www.maitremusic.com/demos/StillA ... ptempo.mp3

Not quite as hard as it could be.

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 29 Jan 2008, 12:59

Yet fun! XD

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: recording

Post by Will154 » 22 Mar 2008, 00:19

newfield wrote: I'm thinking about releasing a CD with eurobeat sounds,drum loops etc...and maybe with tutorial,tricks,templates and examples:
"Hey guys,this is the D.R. kick drum!Listen to the Nikophrase sound!
Get a Nord Lead and you get all the Sinclaire sound!"Do a braintransfer to get the Newfield sound!!
Is this done already ??? if it is and i have missed it in a previous post...please tell me where it is...if not, well i am very interested in it.

thank you ! :)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 22 Mar 2008, 05:19

Will154 wrote:
newfield wrote: I'm thinking about releasing a CD with eurobeat sounds,drum loops etc...and maybe with tutorial,tricks,templates and examples:
Get a Nord Lead and you get all the Sinclaire sound!"Do a braintransfer to get the Newfield sound!!
Is this done already ??? if it is and i have missed it in a previous post...please tell me where it is...if not, well i am very interested in it.

I'd buy that. Quickly. With cash if I had to.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 27 May 2008, 19:07

zoupzuop2 wrote:
Will154 wrote:

I'd buy that. Quickly. With cash if I had to.
Any updates on this thing? I've got enough cash to invest in it, I think.
Name your price, Mr. Newfield. :3
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 04 Aug 2008, 03:53

To bring life to a thread that quite frankly needs attention, I've decided to ask, of all you producers...

...what's your poison, in terms of synth riff sound choices?

I like to vary it sometimes, but 9 out of 10 times, I'll use the Sawtooth patch on my Korg 05R/W, blended with another sound. On "Bravado" I blended it with the Non-GM "Phazorus", and on "Something Wicked" I meshed it with my Audity's "Poly" high-portmenteau sound. Lately, however, I've been tooling with SuperWave as Mikaeru suggested, and have been getting closer and closer to getting that beautiful "chirp" synth ABeatC has and occasionally uses. So far my settings go like so:

I find it gives me the sort of "strike" at the beginning of the note, with the sustain it needs for longer notes than, say, 16ths.
Join me on an Odyssey.

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 04 Aug 2008, 16:28

In stuff lately, I usually use a Jp-8080 as the main riff synth, generally backed up by something else. Usually alternate two sounds, a user preset from when I bought it (it's even named Italo Disco), but I also use one I made myself that's similar, but not quite, more an attempt at a Kiki & Fancy-type sound. Heavy on the Super Saw, add as little portamento to get the little whine sound at the start.

MesdoramElmdor
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by MesdoramElmdor » 17 Nov 2008, 21:55

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uu4ynv

here's a little synth hook that I made last night out of boredom. I think i'm getting closer and closer to the sound that I am looking for.