Eurobeat dance moves?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
uberuser
Euro To B

Eurobeat dance moves?

Post by uberuser » 15 Dec 2005, 05:00

Hello again everybody! :).

I''ve had this question in mind for some time now. If you guys are at least a little familiar with the other genre, like techno, hip hop, rock and some other, they all have some sort of moves you'll always see somebody trying to dance to. When I listen to eurobeat I just HAVE to move some part of my body to the music, be it clacking my jaws, tapping my hand/fingers, or (what I mostly do) jerk my head side to side :oops:. So this is gonna sound silly, but would you guys know of any SPECIFIC moves I could use while listening to eurobeat?, or at least tell me what you guys do if not similar things, hehe.
"Dance or Die
Running the risk
cause my heart is hung on a wire
Throw the dice
Spinning the disk
Music leading my soooul"
<b><i>-Mad Max - Dance in the Fire</i></b>

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 15 Dec 2005, 05:12

Err, is this a good time to introduce you to parapara?

uberuser
Euro To B

Post by uberuser » 15 Dec 2005, 05:43

Mikaeru wrote:Err, is this a good time to introduce you to parapara?
I thought that was just another form of eurobeat :oops:.
by all means, go right ahead, TEACH ME! :D
"Dance or Die
Running the risk
Throw the dice
Spinning the disk
Music leading my soooul"

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 15 Dec 2005, 06:46

Hey uberuser,

I recommend you to jump to http://paraparastage.com/.
Good luck! :twisted:
ImageImageImage

uberuser
Euro To B

Post by uberuser » 15 Dec 2005, 06:57

oresama-chan wrote:Hey uberuser,

I recommend you to jump to http://paraparastage.com/.
Good luck! :twisted:
Thanks for the link oresama, but uhm, most of the navigation links I see at the top have a little lock beside them, are are not clickable.
Do I need some sort of membership there you think?
"Dance or Die
Running the risk
Throw the dice
Spinning the disk
Music leading my soooul"

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 15 Dec 2005, 07:19

Hmm...yeah, you're right. I dunno if you need sorta membership or someting like that 'cuz I knew that site just today lol. But look, Jayveemon, taQ, Densetsu13, Shawaazu seem to be experts of the site, so just wait for them to let you know something. :wink:
ImageImageImage

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 15 Dec 2005, 13:07

Yeah the four of us are members of that site but taQ is the only one of us that is a moderator so maybe you should talk to him about it.

But here is a parapara routine since you probably never seen one.

Album = VIP Mega Euro Star 3

http://nddro.i-xcell.com/followthesun/J ... 0Tiger.wmv

Dave
Eurocurious

Post by Dave » 15 Dec 2005, 21:14

uberuser
Euro To B

ahh ic now.

Post by uberuser » 16 Dec 2005, 00:04

First I'd like to start off by thanking both Jayveemon and dave for those links :D.

After seeing a few videos now I see what this dance style is like, might take some time to fully grasp all the different arm movements and what not though :P. I watched two different Night Of Fire videos and notice the moves were exactly the same, does this mean that there's a set of routines for each and every eurobeat song?, and if so, where can I find out more, maybe some example tutorials would be nice too :D, thanks again all of you for opening my eyes to all this.
"Dance or Die
Running the risk
Throw the dice
Spinning the disk
Music leading my soooul"

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 16 Dec 2005, 00:52

I would recommend joining ParaParaStage's forums as a first and you can gain much knowledge and acquire media there, and I tend to be very generous with the media I have and yes most songs do have set routines.

uberuser
Euro To B

Post by uberuser » 16 Dec 2005, 00:56

Jayveemon wrote:I would recommend joining ParaParaStage's forums as a first and you can gain much knowledge and acquire media there, and I tend to be very generous with the media I have and yes most songs do have set routines.
Two steps ahead of you sir, already signed up :P.
"Dance or Die
Running the risk
Throw the dice
Spinning the disk
Music leading my soooul"

Dave
Eurocurious

Re: ahh ic now.

Post by Dave » 16 Dec 2005, 08:49

uberuser wrote:I watched two different Night Of Fire videos and notice the moves were exactly the same, does this mean that there's a set of routines for each and every eurobeat song?, and if so, where can I find out more, maybe some example tutorials would be nice too :D
yeh you're right about the routines, thats what makes it kind of hard but cool same time (just imagine a few hundred ppl in a club making the same moves to a song... feels great!). the video i posted was performed by the parapara allstars. the dvd series is parapara paradise but with ppp7 it came to an end. now there is for example the gazen parapara series.

with all those dvds you can learn the parapara routines.

uberuser
Euro To B

Thanks!

Post by uberuser » 16 Dec 2005, 08:56

Thanks for some more input dave! :).
I've looked into some parapara paradise things and realize my brother actually was involved in all this a short while ago, and I'm pondering whether or not I should by the game or not along with the controller imported, then again, I'll have to get a playstation 2 first 8). Do you guys think it's worth it to get a ps2 + PPP and the controller or just check out the local arcade?, because what I really want to do is learn the moves for each song I listen to I have no desire right now to join a team :lol:. Or should I just check out this "gazen parapara" you speak of and learn everything (or most moves) from there?.
"Dance or Die
Running the risk
Throw the dice
Spinning the disk
Music leading my soooul"

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 16 Dec 2005, 12:57

You dont have to be in a team to learn parapara, and the game only has all the songs in 1st Mix Plus so if your arcade has 2nd mix... then thats your call, also. That Gazen ParaPara serries has a DVD part and CD nonstop parapara and the 2nd Gazen DVD just came out two days ago if you wanna check that out.

Dave
Eurocurious

Post by Dave » 16 Dec 2005, 18:30

yeh, forget the games if you want to learn the parapara danced in tokyo's clubs! try to learn it with the dvds instead ;)