Eurobeat oddities

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Eurobeat oddities

Post by wolftickets1969 » 13 May 2010, 15:23

the old thread "formula deviations" died, so I'm starting over. A couple more examples that don't quite conform to the standard Eurobeat formula:
Lolita - Goin' On, which goes into a bridge after its second chorus, then has a "truck driver's gear change"(key change).
* Delta Queens - Hello Hello. Has a rather awkward melody pattern; ie the chorus and post-chorus use the same melody as the verse and bridge, and there's a piano solo that's a key higher than the rest of the song.
Momo - Send Me an Angel; the middle synth hooks are a key lower than the first, second-to-last and last riffs.
Stephy - I Belong to You hardly sounds like a genuine Eurobeat song, more like a slow Eurotrance tune. At least it's not a total atrocity like Renoir - Because I Need You(not Eurobeat at all).

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 13 May 2010, 22:31

hmm.. I always thought. some of Rose's songs had a different musical structure. Magic Rainbow and A Song For You come to mind. Her songs also never really had a break like the other TIME entries. It's very evident ever since Matter Of TIME, back in the 90s.

Rose-A Song For You- two vesres with chants "This is my song for you" acting like a mini bridge to the next couplet and then a whoa whoa part followed by the big bridge and chorus. This is the structuire of the song; as opposed to Verse- Bridge -Chorus- riff To top it off ;the chant, "This is my song for you is sung over the riff untill fade out.

Rose -Magic Rainbow kinda follows the same path. This song contains no bridge, just goes from verse1 to chorus -riff and verse2 , which contains another line that acts like a bridge to second chorus.

This is the main reason I love these two Rose entries.

Funny thing is both songs are about 4:09 mins

I'll think up somore as the day progresses

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Re: Eurobeat oddities

Post by Densetsu13 » 13 May 2010, 23:56

wolftickets1969 wrote: Momo - Send Me an Angel; the middle synth hooks are a key lower than the first, second-to-last and last riffs.
I love you for noticing this too! I was listening to it for the first time and was like whoa, that is strange, usually the go a key up not a key down. And then in the rest of the song it goes back to the original key it was in! One has to wonder if this was a mistake in production because I really don't see the pertinence to having done it lol

ryosuke63
Bazooka Bellydancer

Re: Eurobeat oddities

Post by ryosuke63 » 14 May 2010, 05:55

Densetsu13 wrote:
wolftickets1969 wrote: Momo - Send Me an Angel; the middle synth hooks are a key lower than the first, second-to-last and last riffs.
I love you for noticing this too! I was listening to it for the first time and was like whoa, that is strange, usually the go a key up not a key down. And then in the rest of the song it goes back to the original key it was in! One has to wonder if this was a mistake in production because I really don't see the pertinence to having done it lol
I noticed it as well. SCP does this trick more than any other label, and it's more common than you'd think! Go Beat Crazy by Fastway, Hanky Panky by Bubbles, and tons more are good examples. :wink:
Channel Q | YouTube | Twitter
AquaBawks wrote:You can't spell very xenophobic douchebags without a-v-e-x.