New to the board, could use some help finding music

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Harlequin Romance
Bad Bad Bad

New to the board, could use some help finding music

Post by Harlequin Romance » 12 Mar 2007, 21:32

Hi, I'm new to the board. I've been reading for a few days so I thought I would start posting.

I've just recently gotten into Eurobeat. I developed an interest in para para while watching Super Gals to learn Japanese, which then evolved into an interest in Eurobeat. I'm a life long fan of electronic music, but over the past couple of years my interest has been waining. Discovering Eurobeat has rekindled that interest with great vigor.

I've been trying to fill up my collection with some Eurobeat tracks, but have only been able to locate mixes. Mixes are great, but I would like to know if there are any albums out there. I know most of this stuff gets released to vinyl, but has any of it been released on CD as an album rather than a mix? So far the only album I've been able to find is Eurobeat Disney. Some great sounds on that album, but then the vocals kick in. :wink: I thought Brian Ice did a good job with "He Lives In You," though. "Mickey Mouse March" by Domino is pretty catchy, too, when I'm able to block out the meaning of the words. But, anyway, yeah. Eurobeat. Albums? Mmmm. . . .
Reality? Never touch the stuff, myself. I find it gets in the way of the hallucinations.

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 12 Mar 2007, 22:51

Well, you are certainly in luck. Super Eurobeat is basically a serie of eurobeat music (usually a mix of nonstops and radio edits) with quite an extensive history. Since currently there are about 175 Super Eurobeat albums, there are more than hundreds of eurobeat tracks to fulfill your want in this genre. They are pretty easy to order online with cdjapan or such. Should give some of the albums a shot. Btw, welcome to the board.

Harlequin Romance
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Harlequin Romance » 12 Mar 2007, 23:38

Oh, cool. I thought the Super Eurobeat series were DJ mixes. Guess I should do my homework.
Reality? Never touch the stuff, myself. I find it gets in the way of the hallucinations.

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 13 Mar 2007, 02:39

Some of the SEB series are indeed nonstop mixes, such as the anniversary albums (ex. 60, 110, 140, 170, etc.) and the ones that say nonstop on them (ex. 143, 165, etc.). All other SEBs though have what are considered "radio edits" that are not mixed.

For your aforementioned homework, maybe go over http://www.eurobeat-prime.com/history.php ? While it may really need an update and revision (there are things that have been discovered since that article was written) it is still a good place to start :D

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 13 Mar 2007, 05:01

Domino / Mickey Mouse March is an absolutely awesome song! If you enjoy the sound of that song, you'll really enjoy her stuff that isn't about Disney. :) Though, I'm the forum's designated Domino fan-boy, so if anyone asks me what they should pay attention to, I will be pointing to Domino's music. hehe

Brian Ice is also a great singer, he has done many great songs.. Ev'ry Night, I Believe In Loving You, One Day... all excellent stuff. He's also been around for ages! Check out some of his stuff from the 80s, he has released songs before I was born. hahaha...

A good place to buy Eurobeat, as suggested, is www.cdjapan.co.jp. Some people swear by www.hmv.co.jp but I prefer cdjapan. Also, you can purchase WMV files of the Eurobeat from www.mu-mo.net. It's Avex's music website, and if you can navigate through the Japanese you'll be able to purchase and download the tracks over your computer. Search for mu-mo on the forums, some people have written up "how-to" FAQ for registration, for those who can't navigate through all the crazy japanese symbols (like me. hehe)

If you're looking for free stuff... this isn't the place for it. It's not an official rule but you'll see people shoot others down really quickly for requesting an obscene amount of songs. Although, some people do some mixes of popular songs and post them in the media section of the forum, and it's a great place to sample some of the tracks that are out there.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 13 Mar 2007, 06:01

Nine wrote:Also, you can purchase WMV files of the Eurobeat from www.mu-mo.net. It's Avex's music website, and if you can navigate through the Japanese you'll be able to purchase and download the tracks over your computer. Search for mu-mo on the forums, some people have written up "how-to" FAQ for registration, for those who can't navigate through all the crazy japanese symbols (like me. hehe)
http://forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtop ... 2175#12175

You do need to be able to view Japanese text, I think, to register. (learned this trying to walk someone through the process the other day)

Has pretty much everything from pre-90 (give or take a few albums, I forget) and 168 onwards, along with random stuff inbetween. So, it's kinda low on anything during the big parapara boom (stuff around the time those Eurobeat Disney's were released)

Harlequin Romance
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Harlequin Romance » 14 Mar 2007, 17:59

All great info. I've been downloading DJ Mike's radio edits the last couple of nights. That should tide me over for awhile until I can scrounge up enough money to pay for a few SEB CDs. Amazon has them listed from USD 30 to USD 50 a pop. Crazy imports :( I'm really not looking for anything free. I believe you should pay for your music, but a sample here and there is nice.

But on the mention of radio edits, what exactly is being edited out of the tracks?

valiant
Eurobeat Master

Post by valiant » 14 Mar 2007, 18:12

Usually avex deletes certain instrumental or repetitious parts of the tracks. Usually they keep most of the vocal parts intact. You can find moderately cheap eurobeat albums on ebay. Found some ranging from 6-10 dollars (though better keep shipping into consideration).

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 15 Mar 2007, 09:33

Harlequin Romance wrote: I'm really not looking for anything free. I believe you should pay for your music
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS THEN! hehe. :)

btw... skip amazon.com... they have sloooowwwwww shipping for SEB albums. If you want older albums, scout ebay or the eurobeat market (a subforum here on eurobeat prime) for used albums - and buy the new releases from cdjapan, hmv japan or buy the wmv files from mu-mo... they offer much better service and faster shipping (CDjapan gets me the CD within the week it's released, and of course seeing mu-mo is pay to download website, you get the music right when you pay. :))

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 15 Mar 2007, 12:17

About ebay, I'd stay away from the Initial D albums, cause most of them would be bootlegs.

For direct imports, I'd second Nine's recommendation with using cdjapan.co.jp and/or hmv.co.jp :)

Harlequin Romance
Bad Bad Bad

Post by Harlequin Romance » 15 Mar 2007, 14:38

I'm wary of ebay. I've had bad experiences with sellers in the past. I've never used CD Japan, before; but with all the recommendations I've seen here and on other sites, I think I'll look it over. Amazon did manage to get my Eurobeat Disney CD to me in just one week, though.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 15 Mar 2007, 21:21

CD Japn is a very reliable source for SEB material. They carry all the latest up 175 as well as the older SEB and other compilations. Only some of the first ones are out of stock, but if you were a millionair you could pretty much get your whole colection in one shot. from SEB 100- . S/H is also good. If they say 1-7 days, you gey it in that Time laps. Si get on your P.c. and order online or else you will be misssing all the AWSOME trax TIMEputs out month after month 8)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 15 Mar 2007, 22:54

You can try play-asia too. I've ordered some stuff from them, and they're pretty cool too. Plus, they have a LOT of SEB's in stock. ;D

Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 16 Mar 2007, 01:59

Nine wrote:btw... skip amazon.com... they have sloooowwwwww shipping for SEB albums
Really? When I ordered SEB 174 (along with Love Para2 Vol. 2 & 3) from amazon.co.jp (using it for the first time) I was amazed that they managed to get me my shipment in FOUR DAYS :shock: This is a shock because before I would regularly order from CDJapan and it ALWAYS took 2 weeks, fastest a week and a half and this is a comparison in which prices are the same. Weird...

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 16 Mar 2007, 03:49

Densetsu13 wrote:
Nine wrote:btw... skip amazon.com... they have sloooowwwwww shipping for SEB albums
Really? When I ordered SEB 174 (along with Love Para2 Vol. 2 & 3) from amazon.co.jp (using it for the first time) I was amazed that they managed to get me my shipment in FOUR DAYS :shock: This is a shock because before I would regularly order from CDJapan and it ALWAYS took 2 weeks, fastest a week and a half and this is a comparison in which prices are the same. Weird...
aah... see, I've never ordered from amazon.co.jp - I've just ordered from amazon.ca, haha.

That's odd about CDJapan's shipping... because I always get them within the same week the album was released, if not before the weekend on the Monday right after.