Hi everyone I am Peter Wilson

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
euromania!!
Bad Bad Bad

Hi everyone I am Peter Wilson

Post by euromania!! » 08 Jan 2005, 01:41

Hi everyone
My name is Peter Wilson and I am a singer with an album in Eurobeat style coming in Europe 2005. More importantly I am a lover of Eurobeat, and and so glad to find this forum!!
Everyone here seems to know so much about all things Super Eurobeat, and hopefully I will learn alot.
I have some questions that maybe someone knows the answer to.
Whatever happened to Samantha Gilles? I have ALL her albums and have not heard about her since 1996.
Also, did Annerly Gordon release an album?
Anyway I hope to meet some nice people here and if you want to see my site go to: www.peterwilsonmusic.com

Thanks!!

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 08 Jan 2005, 02:03

Hey Peter and welcome to the forums on my behalf. I have to right away admit that I myself am not the most knowledgeable with the times before the so called nu-eurobeat, or Super Eurobeat, and your name was something I hadn't heard before at all, but on the other hand I haven't really dug deeper to the Australian music industry. I listened to some of the clips you had on your site, and liked them. A tad slower than the current style, but that doesn't matter :3 Mama Told Me sounded great, and not that far from the style of the big SEB labels... You'd fit perfectly there ^^

But to the questions. It's indeed strange how Samantha suddenly just vanished. The last signs I remember from her were from Super Eurobeat 58 with I Love You, and then she just vanished. My guess is that she left the business like Annerley Gordon did. Unfortunately I have no real knowledge, just guesses.
Then about Annerley... she did have a huge amount of songs on Super Eurobeats under her different aliases, but not an album of her own. But technically speaking the Lolita album from 1995 was all her, so that's the closest to an album I'd say. A good album anyways :)

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Re: Hi everyone I am Peter Wilson

Post by Vadim » 08 Jan 2005, 04:03

"euromania!!" Hi everyone
My name is Peter Wilson and I am a singer with an album in Eurobeat style coming in Europe 2005. More importantly I am a lover of Eurobeat, and and so glad to find this forum!!

Vadim: Congratulations with your upcoming release!
I can't wait to check it out! :)

Everyone here seems to know so much about all things Super Eurobeat, and hopefully I will learn alot.

Vadim: what super eurobeat sound do you preffer?
(80-s,before 2000,after 2000?)
I like better their slower more hi-nrg like sound before the year 2000.

Vadim: Indeed,she did. She has already released her own album, where
she was for the first time on the album cover herself,it was her in the videos,and finally she was getting the great success and recognition that she deserves. She is recording her solo material as Ann Lee, the style of
music is eurodance,and it's produced in Italy for european market.
She is also beleived to be the voice behind the Wigfield.
In avex eurobeat,in addition to lolita album mentioned by Bore,there is
also one where Annerly sings under name Virginelle.

Anyway I hope to meet some nice people here and if you want to see my site go to: www.peterwilsonmusic.com

Vadim: It was a real pleasure to visit your site.
Could you tell us a bit about your work with systems in blue team?
Was the track Angel Eyes a S.I.B. production. It sounded like it could be.
The song has some really hip melodic hooks, I wish the mp3 didn't end
at like 1 min.15 sec., It just ended before the most interesting part of the song started. I am really looking forward to hearing more of this
bohlensound project, you have a wonderfull voice that makes things even more exiting. I wish you a great success with your album![/b]

euromania!!
Bad Bad Bad

Post by euromania!! » 08 Jan 2005, 05:53

Vadim wrote:"euromania!!" Hi everyone

she was for the first time on the album cover herself,it was her in the videos,and finally she was getting the great success and recognition that she deserves. She is recording her solo material as Ann Lee, the style of

at like 1 min.15 sec., It just ended before the most interesting part of the song started. I am really looking forward to hearing more of this
bohlensound project, you have a wonderfull voice that makes things even more exiting. I wish you a great success with your album![/b]
Hi guys and thanks for your answers.
I have the Lolita and Virginelle albums. They are good, but I think Virginelle is my favourite.
To answer some questions, "Angel Eyes" is not produced by SIB. I wrote this song and it was produced by same team as "Mama Told Me". (My intention WAS to make a Bohlen style song!!)
But I will be recording 5 or 6 songs with SIB, all in the classic Modern Talking style but a little updated, to make it fresh for 2005.
The rest of the album has been made in Australia and Denmark, and will be a little slower than the Super Eurobeat style. I will say that I hope to have 2 duets with 2 80s Eurobeat superstars. I think Eurobeat fans will be happy. I can't say just yet who these girls are, but I am sure it will meet with approval.
There is a song written by Fancy ("Chinese Eyes", "Bolero", "Slice me Nice") I have done called "Follow Me". This so far is one of my favourites and I hope you will like it. Fancy fans will know this song as the b side to "No Tears".
Anyway thanks for your really nice words. I hope you enjoy my stuff. Also, as I don't want to BORE people talking about myself, feel free to ask me questions privately and I will answer them there is that cool?
I want to use the public forum to talk about the BEST music in the world, EUROBEAT!!
One last question, I want to buy the latest Super Eurobeat but saw the review was not great. Should I get:

SEB 153
SEB 152
Best of SEB 2004

Help me haha!!!
Pete :D

Bore
Founder

Post by Bore » 08 Jan 2005, 15:29

euromania!! wrote:
Vadim wrote:"euromania!!" Hi everyone

Hi guys and thanks for your answers.
I have the Lolita and Virginelle albums. They are good, but I think Virginelle is my favourite.
To answer some questions, "Angel Eyes" is not produced by SIB. I wrote this song and it was produced by same team as "Mama Told Me". (My intention WAS to make a Bohlen style song!!)
But I will be recording 5 or 6 songs with SIB, all in the classic Modern Talking style but a little updated, to make it fresh for 2005.
The rest of the album has been made in Australia and Denmark, and will be a little slower than the Super Eurobeat style. I will say that I hope to have 2 duets with 2 80s Eurobeat superstars. I think Eurobeat fans will be happy. I can't say just yet who these girls are, but I am sure it will meet with approval.
There is a song written by Fancy ("Chinese Eyes", "Bolero", "Slice me Nice") I have done called "Follow Me". This so far is one of my favourites and I hope you will like it. Fancy fans will know this song as the b side to "No Tears".
Anyway thanks for your really nice words. I hope you enjoy my stuff. Also, as I don't want to BORE people talking about myself, feel free to ask me questions privately and I will answer them there is that cool?
I want to use the public forum to talk about the BEST music in the world, EUROBEAT!!
One last question, I want to buy the latest Super Eurobeat but saw the review was not great. Should I get:

SEB 153
SEB 152
Best of SEB 2004

Help me haha!!!
Pete :D
Vadim asked a good question before, as it pretty much depends on what kind of Super Eurobeat do you like. Seb 153 is a good album, but it's all around pretty calm and not as aggressive as most of the eurobeat albums in the recent past have been. 152 has a slightly more aggressive feel to it, but it's nothing compared to Best Of SEB 2004... Best Of SEB 2004 in my opinion is simply brilliant as all of the fast songs from 2004 have been sped up even more, and I'm all about speed :)
Yet all of those albums are good... My suggestion : If you like fast eurobeat, take The Best Of 2004, if you like slower eurobeat, take 153.

beat freak
Eurocurious

Post by beat freak » 08 Jan 2005, 23:20

Peter, I'm a big fan of your music. Love what you did to the SAW classics Ain't No Cure & How Can This Be Real Love. You're a very talented artist. I hope you have great success, though you are really going into a very challenging field of music. Certainly a very hard field to break into, though I always thought the Super Eurobeat sound would do well if properly marketed.

I love Samantha Gilles too, especially her last two CD's released on Avex Trax. I think she still sings but just under different names for Fonny De Wolf but I haven't even seen his name on producer credits lately. I don't think her CD's sold well at the end so she was dropped as an artist. I thought it was a brilliant move for her to work with Dave Rodgers. Have you considered sending him a demo? Your voice would work well with him.

You will like SEB 152, as it features some great productions from Dave Rodgers and SCP label. The Eurobeat sound is finally getting slower again. I haven't heard 153 but it sounds like it's gonna be a winner, even though A Beat C isn't on it as much.

Anyway, can't wait to hear your new music come out.
-Randy