Super Eurobeat 188

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Jun 2008, 00:02

Will154
This quote PWNS the whole thread
All depends on the Eurobeat style you like. Does this plum and fantasy lables make fast male aggressive Eurobeat? Why not post some links to samples for the rest of us to hear.

I thought 188 took SEB to the super agreesive level I like :D

Mikaeru
Master of Time

Post by Mikaeru » 28 Jun 2008, 04:47

I believe Plum wrote the music for Ai Yamamoto's Pink in the Pink (Somenzi did the lyrics, and Castagna just did production)

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 28 Jun 2008, 07:00

Pink In The Pink was somewhat nice. Reminded me of hot Lesbiens 8)

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 28 Jun 2008, 18:49

drnrg wrote:Pink In The Pink was somewhat nice. Reminded me of hot Lesbiens 8)
facepalm.jpg
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

Will154
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Will154 » 28 Jun 2008, 20:05

Plum music is usually on the Farm Recrods/LovePara series. They are the artists such as Mioco and Nagisa. Personally , the best j-euro !

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 Jul 2008, 06:19

Wow, the more I think about Run And Run, the more I'm starting to completely hate it again. I was able to tolerate the vocals for a small period of time, but the fact that that's MELODY who sounds overhyped in the song completely offends me. Why can't Live Music Studio just let her be who she is? Does she have to sound like she's Japanese or something? Talk about selling out. She was an absolute ANGEL when she worked for them in the late 90's and sounded normal, but since 2000 it seems that Hi-NRG Attack just CAN'T STOP PITCHING UP THEIR FEMALE VOCALISTS, thus leaving mainly just their male performances as highlights throughout recent years. Why can't they produce more songs with actual merit like Motel California or You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Girl? :(

At least Saifam still knows how to present her, as did Vibration when they were still active.
ImageImage

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 14 Jul 2008, 06:35

#Infinity wrote:Wow, the more I think about Run And Run, the more I'm starting to completely hate it again. I was able to tolerate the vocals for a small period of time, but the fact that that's MELODY who sounds overhyped in the song completely offends me. Why can't Live Music Studio just let her be who she is? Does she have to sound like she's Japanese or something? Talk about selling out. She was an absolute ANGEL when she worked for them in the late 90's and sounded normal, but since 2000 it seems that Hi-NRG Attack just CAN'T STOP PITCHING UP THEIR FEMALE VOCALISTS, thus leaving mainly just their male performances as highlights throughout recent years. Why can't they produce more songs with actual merit like Motel California or You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Girl? :(

At least Saifam still knows how to present her, as did Vibration when they were still active.
I'm starting to think maybe Avex is requesting that HRG pitchrapes their ladies' voices? Think about it-- you hear less of the pitching in most songs earlier than, say, HRG's debut.
A lot's changed in the decade and a half I've been here.
Full-time eurobeat producer, full-time musician, part-time Vtuber. #JessaIsReal2021
Join me on an Odyssey.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 14 Jul 2008, 08:02

High-pitched female vocals are part of Hi-NRG Attack - there would be something missing from their catalogue if everyone sounded "normal".

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 Jul 2008, 14:53

the_ditz wrote:High-pitched female vocals are part of Hi-NRG Attack - there would be something missing from their catalogue if everyone sounded "normal".
Not at all. They were amazing back in the 1990's. Nobody needed to make their girls sound like stupid anime characters. And when they did apply the effect (Gucci Girl), it was appropriate and not overboard.

And consider this - Hi-NRG Attack are the ONLY label to still do this crap. If Avex is forcing them into this horrible thing, then they're just completely ruining the massive potential they have with their productions.
ImageImage

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 14 Jul 2008, 14:54

#Infinity wrote:She was an absolute ANGEL when she worked for them in the late 90's and sounded normal, but since 2000 it seems that Hi-NRG Attack just CAN'T STOP PITCHING UP THEIR FEMALE VOCALISTS, thus leaving mainly just their male performances as highlights throughout recent years. Why can't they produce more songs with actual merit like Motel California or You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Girl? :(
Well, even their male songs are almost unlistenable nowadays (as soon as that pitched female backing vocal comes in). It's a real pity. Their songs were so good! Maybe they should release their songs in 2 versions. One with pitched vocals for AVEX and one normal version on Juno for the fans :)

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 14 Jul 2008, 21:55

Guess I'm alone on that count then... :???:

And #Infinity - are you perhaps more angry about the fact that they pitched up your Melody? :grin:

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 14 Jul 2008, 22:35

the_ditz wrote:And #Infinity - are you perhaps more angry about the fact that they pitched up your Melody? :grin:
Well, I actually can't stand this pitching thing in general, but yeah, it's even worse when they abuse it in the wrong way with my dear Melody! :(

EDIT: And while we're on this subject, what do you think of the vocals from Yo Yo Baby by Pamsy & Shady? :P
Last edited by #Infinity on 15 Jul 2008, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 15 Jul 2008, 01:35

What also irritates me, as jeurobeat touched on, is why Greta is used to constantly back up the male vocalists. For instance, in "Bad Boy" by Rick Castle, there really was NO reason to use Greta to back him up in the chorus. He's a strong vocalist and she sounds like a mouse. I still think it's a great production, but honestly, sometimes the pitched vocals are not needed.

wolftickets1969
Eurobeat Master

Post by wolftickets1969 » 15 Jul 2008, 01:40

Are you sure that's Greta Accatino doing the background vocals?

#Infinity
Euroheater

Post by #Infinity » 15 Jul 2008, 05:45

I've got to be honest, there are many pitched Melody songs that I actually enjoy a lot. Sometimes the effect is needed to make the song work, so long as it isn't done to death. Some of my favorite songs from Melody with higher vocals include:

- Gucci Girl / Cindy
- Joo Joo / Little Barby
- Jingo Dance / Laurie
- Pussycat Love / Jenny
- Bubble Girl / Little Barby

All of them are a bit too happy to suggest Melody's usual deep vocals (which fit the far lustier Hey Guy a lot better), but she still sounds fairly mature in all of them; she does sound quite youthful, but not to an overboard extent. All five of them come off perfectly.

Run And Run, however, is not a song that wants to be hyped up. The classic italo melody is quite bold and sounds like it could lend itself to quite a punchy song, but not only is Melody pitched up when it's not at all necessary (she would sound great at Hey Guy level), but she's pitched up so much that it's just unbearable. The whole track is an embarrasment really. The chorus is absolute TORTURE - Melody sounds so squealy and so whiny that the song is completed murdered. Heck, I could even see Happy Snappy Valentine working at Hey Guy level; as drnrg stated, it does have an edgy chord progression that would lend itself well even to lower vocals, even though it's cheesy. Hot Gal is really the only Hi-NRG Attack song from Melody since her comeback that I enjoy aside from You Kiss My Lover, but that's mainly because the song itself is so catchy that it works in a quirky way, even though the hyped vocals still make it sound a bit too cheesy.
ImageImage