Super Eurobeat 209

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 11 Oct 2010, 06:53

I'm figuring that "Now on sale!!" in this case means "you can now pre-order this release" - iTunes definitely doesn't have it...

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Oct 2010, 07:25

the_ditz
It seems that our tastes may be closer now more than ever drnrg, as I too am really disillusioned by these samples. Of course, they are just samples and the finished products may sound far better as has happened in the not too distant past.
Actually both you & Air share similiar thoughts to mine. That Mari- San song is where we take a major detoure.

Infact Air has a few thoughts there that are almost word for word as mine

Air
14 ALEXIS / BYE BYE JAPAN (HEALING VERSION) - 05:31
I've healed enough, stop the healing songs.
AMEM to that:evil: Elena ,I love U, but not even your beautiful vocals can heal me from those samples.

Vadim
Momo is a name I expect good stuff from, and this time around it is good.
( yet, why does she sound like a banshee here..?..put cute voice back, pronto!)
This prety much says it all.:D Not only her, but Tora and Jagger, please get off the speed.

Darksky
There might be some people who can hear similarities in the style of Manuel / Mad Man and Manuel / Limousine (GoGo's Music song). Both songs were an idea of Manuel himself. @Drnrg, you're right about the fact is hasn't a real Dima Music sound to it but we gave Manuel the chance to arrange the track himself with help of David Dima. This is the result, a very agressive, epic vox, and satanic song. About Manuel himself: Mad Mad! haha
I think you guys should keep a shorter leash on the guy. Sounds like he might be losing it from that sample alone. :D

after 3 days of replay ,I'm only excited by
Mega NRG Man., Cy-Ro, Ken Blast, Go2 and the Eurogrooves remix; which is odd enough, but I'm practiacly starving for some new Dall Ora material.

So it's safe to say that we again get no Halloween themed song this year; unless those samples were meant to scare us :???: :P

the-ditz
I'm figuring that "Now on sale!!" in this case means "you can now pre-order this release" - iTunes definitely doesn't have it...
hmm..I kinda wish it meant we were gonna get two cds instead of just this 2009-

DarkSky
Euroheater

Post by DarkSky » 11 Oct 2010, 15:26

I'd say MAD MAN is the halloween song, anyway in the sample there is no way to hear all synths at the background. The song was arranged in a very ''evil'' style.

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

my fav songs on SEB 209

Post by synthjunkie » 11 Oct 2010, 19:32

01 GO 2 / SAMURAI BLUE - sounds ok, but nothing special.

02 MARI-SAN / CHANGE - excellent, perfect example of the deep voice of "black women" from the glory days of old school HINRG house music, but with a euro sound to it.

03 DJ MOONRAKER / BAD - horrible song, so sad since the original version is so awesome.

04 MANUEL / MAD MAN - excellent vocals, his vocal manipulation reminds me of powerful singers from the 70's such as Queen.

05 KEN BLAST / NEW HORIZON - Horrible, horrible, yuck. Even though the singer doesn't suffer from the heavy italian accent, his bland and boring voice doesn't go with the energy in the music.

06 MOMO / ONE HEART ONE SOUL - ok, but again, nothing that really stands out for me.

07 MEGA NRG MAN / JAPANESE GIRL - awesome, this is more like it!

08 TORA / CALL MY NAME - i like it, very bubblegum 80's synthpop. need to hear the full song to see whether it's a winner or not.

09 CY-RO / RAINY DAYS - ok, i guess. but wished for more originality with the slower HRG songs...

10 DAVE & FUTURA / JUST ANOTHER DAY WITH YOU - i like it, better sounding dave than the last couple of songs he's been performing in, at least his vocals here sound better, maybe because it's a duo???

11 ELISA / FLY - excellent! nice vocals, and perfect flowing melody.

12 JAGER / WHAT D'YOU WANT FROM ME - yuck, not only do i NOT like Adam Lambert, but this cover version is worst than the original. Hearing something too mainstream on SEB is not something I like.

13 U SCREAM - I agree with others that J-Euro shouldn't be on SEB, they should stick to just releasing J-Euro on its own separate album compilations.

14 ALEXIS - I don't really like slow songs, but it sounds nice still. This melody has always reminded me of ABBA for some reason.

the_ditz
Euroheater

Re: my fav songs on SEB 209

Post by the_ditz » 11 Oct 2010, 20:00

synthjunkie wrote:01 GO 2 / SAMURAI BLUE - sounds ok, but nothing special.

02 MARI-SAN / CHANGE - excellent, perfect example of the deep voice of "black women" from the glory days of old school HINRG house music, but with a euro sound to it.

03 DJ MOONRAKER / BAD - horrible song, so sad since the original version is so awesome.

04 MANUEL / MAD MAN - excellent vocals, his vocal manipulation reminds me of powerful singers from the 70's such as Queen.

05 KEN BLAST / NEW HORIZON - Horrible, horrible, yuck. Even though the singer doesn't suffer from the heavy italian accent, his bland and boring voice doesn't go with the energy in the music.

06 MOMO / ONE HEART ONE SOUL - ok, but again, nothing that really stands out for me.

07 MEGA NRG MAN / JAPANESE GIRL - awesome, this is more like it!

08 TORA / CALL MY NAME - i like it, very bubblegum 80's synthpop. need to hear the full song to see whether it's a winner or not.

09 CY-RO / RAINY DAYS - ok, i guess. but wished for more originality with the slower HRG songs...

10 DAVE & FUTURA / JUST ANOTHER DAY WITH YOU - i like it, better sounding dave than the last couple of songs he's been performing in, at least his vocals here sound better, maybe because it's a duo???

11 ELISA / FLY - excellent! nice vocals, and perfect flowing melody.

12 JAGER / WHAT D'YOU WANT FROM ME - yuck, not only do i NOT like Adam Lambert, but this cover version is worst than the original. Hearing something too mainstream on SEB is not something I like.

13 U SCREAM - I agree with others that J-Euro shouldn't be on SEB, they should stick to just releasing J-Euro on its own separate album compilations.

14 ALEXIS - I don't really like slow songs, but it sounds nice still. This melody has always reminded me of ABBA for some reason.
Just to reiterate, the Jager track is not a full blown cover version. The writing credits on ASCAP show Stefano Castagna and friends. They may use a couple of lines as an inspiration, but I don't think they could get away with not crediting the original writers if it was a full-blown cover. Unless of course the SCP team actually wrote the original Adam Lambert track... :P

Ken Blast
Euro To B

Post by Ken Blast » 11 Oct 2010, 20:02

synthjunkie wrote:05 KEN BLAST / NEW HORIZON - Horrible, horrible, yuck. Even though the singer doesn't suffer from the heavy italian accent, his bland and boring voice doesn't go with the energy in the music.
It's true; I'm not immediately italian (though I have a great deal of Sicilian from my dad's side, but that's another story)... Is it more of a lack of energy or the volume level? (At least the music is good, right? I composed the song as well).
Any input you could give would help. :) Yeah, I actually read these forums~ ;3
Super Eurobeat 201: The Birth of a Blaster. And my fans all rock.
Super GT 2010: Proof that there's still so much left to blast!
Super Eurobeat 209: The Blast keeps ringin' out!
(No, I will NOT run out of bad "blast" puns. P: )

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 11 Oct 2010, 20:26

Oh, Ken, if it is not a secret, did you record the actual vocals by yourself at home..? ...Interesting sound, .. also a bit curious about a mike used.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 11 Oct 2010, 22:23

DarkSky
'd say MAD MAN is the halloween song, anyway in the sample there is no way to hear all synths at the background. The song was arranged in a very ''evil'' style.
I( wonder if your use of the word "Evil" is reffering to the way he used the word "Gothic" when he described Night Rain?

You think with all the attention Twilight is getting, that one of the labels would jump at the chance at writing a song about vamps. Or is Twilight not catching on in Japan:???:

Anyway classic Halloween songs that kinda have that "evil" tone in the melody and synths would be more like, Frank Torpedo- Hi Hi Frankenstien, Jilly- Halloween, Scream Team- Horror Fantasy, Riki 1-Hi Hi Baby Frankenstein, Bugaboo- Beast Girl and two classics like Mr. Black- Mysterious Man and Radiorama- Aliens.

thejti
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by thejti » 11 Oct 2010, 23:49

drnrg wrote:Anyway classic Halloween songs that kinda have that "evil" tone in the melody and synths would be more like, Frank Torpedo- Hi Hi Frankenstien, Jilly- Halloween, Scream Team- Horror Fantasy, Riki 1-Hi Hi Baby Frankenstein, Bugaboo- Beast Girl and two classics like Mr. Black- Mysterious Man and Radiorama- Aliens.
I have to disagree with you. Eurobeat by it's nature can have a Halloween style to it but "Evil" style is never going to be associated with it as it can be associated with, for example, Hyper Techno or even other electronic styles. I would think the closest Eurobeat has ever gotten to "Evil" would be with Robert Patton and his song "Vampire" with the pipe organ synths. But the way Eurobeat is sung, I doubt it will ever be truly "Evil" enough.
Stop City Lover Can't You Break My Style?

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 12 Oct 2010, 00:01

I'd also add Go 2's Hot Vampire and Spitfire to the "evil" list. I'd even call Night of Fire a rather evil-sounding eurobeat song, thanks to its fierce production tone and chromatic-based, partly non-harmonious synth melodies.

liptos
Euro To B

Post by liptos » 12 Oct 2010, 01:41

YES, the return of GO 2 and Mega NRG Man! Love both samples! Also, I think Ken Blast's song is awesome. Fly is pretty good. Dave's new song is not bad. Not a fan of the healing mix tho.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 12 Oct 2010, 04:38

synthjunkie wrote:05 KEN BLAST / NEW HORIZON - Horrible, horrible, yuck. Even though the singer doesn't suffer from the heavy italian accent, his bland and boring voice doesn't go with the energy in the music.
Although I don't think the sample is "horrible" and "yuck", I'd have to agree with you to some extent in regards to Ken Blast's vocals. Clearly, you can tell that he's passionate about the songs he sings but, admittedly, his voice is not as powerful as some of the other vocalists in the business, e.g., Manuel, De Leo, Dave Rodgers, etc. 'When The Sun Goes Down' was perfect for his vocals but I fear that 'New Horizon' is going to overwhelm him somewhat. We'll see - I'm still hopeful!

I'm more surprised at how much praise 'Japanese Girl' is receiving... One of the worst of the bunch in my opinion. All it is is the same style we've been hearing from Tomas Marin for 10 years now... Woohoo?
Last edited by Jay on 12 Oct 2010, 04:54, edited 1 time in total.

Megan188
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Megan188 » 12 Oct 2010, 04:50

Come on, Ken Blast is awesome! To me, it sounds like he has the best song on a largely poor SEB otherwise.
Jay wrote:I'm more surprised at how much praise 'Japanese Girl' is receiving... Sounds like typical and stale Tomas Marin to my ears.
I totally agree with this.

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 12 Oct 2010, 05:18

Jay wrote:I'm more surprised at how much praise 'Japanese Girl' is receiving... One of the worst of the bunch in my opinion. All it is is the same style we've been hearing from Tomas Marin for 10 years now... Woohoo?
Because it ain't broken. No need to fix and change it.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 12 Oct 2010, 08:52

thejti
I have to disagree with you. Eurobeat by it's nature can have a Halloween style to it but "Evil" style is never going to be associated with it as it can be associated with, for example, Hyper Techno or even other electronic styles. I would think the closest Eurobeat has ever gotten to "Evil" would be with Robert Patton and his song "Vampire" with the pipe organ synths. But the way Eurobeat is sung, I doubt it will ever be truly "Evil" enou
That was why I put the word "Evil" in quotes. To me the sound is more closely asccociated with Gothic than evil. Those pipe organs you mention are a perfect example of said vibe. and oops I should add Dima's Vampire to my list.

Jay
Although I don't think the sample is "horrible" and "yuck", I'd have to agree with you to some extent in regards to Ken Blast's vocals. Clearly, you can tell that he's passionate about the songs he sings but, admittedly, his voice is not as powerful as some of the other vocalists in the business, e.g., Manuel, De Leo, Dave Rodgers, etc. 'When The Sun Goes Down' was perfect for his vocals but I fear that 'New Horizon' is going to overwhelm him somewhat. We'll see - I'm still hopeful!
hmmm.. I kinda hear what you mean, but it's a good thing for him to venture into other singing styles so he won't get stereo typed for one type of Eurobeat style. Especially in an era where we have fewer Eurobeat vocalists then ever.