I need some basic synth help/indentification here

Discussion about Eurobeat making. Hints & Tips, Eurobeat projects, programs, plug-ins, samples and so on.
eveningninja
Bad Bad Bad

I need some basic synth help/indentification here

Post by eveningninja » 14 Jun 2010, 06:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7WCyW9n2go

at 0:29 seconds in this song, what program can I use to achieve that kind of synth sound? I use Pro Tools currently due to my dad's background in instrument-recording and its capabilities with audio/mixing stuff, but when it comes to midi/synths, I find Pro Tools a bit lacking.

Any basic advice would be appreciated.

dickboat
Bad Bad Bad

Post by dickboat » 16 Sep 2010, 18:18

you're going to need samples here. that's a brass patch from an 80s synthesizer like the Roland D-50 but i have no idea which exact patch it is, unfortunately.

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by newfield » 26 Sep 2010, 07:29

looking for samples? ;-)

SuperEuroJimmy
Mudkip Fan

Post by SuperEuroJimmy » 26 Sep 2010, 20:20

looking to make some money? :P!!!!

Anthony McBazooka
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Anthony McBazooka » 21 Nov 2010, 00:25

It’s a good idea to combine ProTools with Propellerhead’s Reason. You can build very great Eurobeat synth sounds with Thor for example (there are already some patches which work well). And there are the Combfusion soundsets for Reason from Vengeance which are made for trance but have some very useful sounds for Eurobeat too and you can learn a lot about layering synths when you have a closer look at those combinator patches.

Otherwise try synth brass and saw lead sounds and try putting a bit of portamento/glide on the sound, but very fast. And make sure that they have sound very wide with stereo effects (a stereo chorus can help or trying to use to slightly different synth sounds, one on the left, one on the right).
Don’t use samples for THESE kinda sounds, samples aren’t flexible enough. Samples are great for FX, imitating real instruments etc. but not for synths when you can have „real“ synths instead. ;)