Something missing from current Eurobeat...

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Bonkers
Euroheater

Something missing from current Eurobeat...

Post by Bonkers » 01 Jul 2015, 22:34

The back vocals in the choruses!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBn5IgrrLvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNZvSpCq00w

Also, DUETS(well what sounds like a duet in the chorus)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1uQmvY-8gc

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 02 Jul 2015, 00:05

Ohhh damn, I thought I was alone in this hahahahaha
Definitely we need more of backing vocals and stuff - not sure if labels are short on artists or if it's just a stylistic thing now.

About duets, we had some remarkable ones not long ago… maybe producers are saving it for special occasions?

Mindsweeper
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Mindsweeper » 02 Jul 2015, 04:25

Maybe they just don't have the time/energy to write and record all those parts. I think eurobeat loses a lot of its character without those big awesome stacks of vocals.

Speed of the night, Mikado!

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 02 Jul 2015, 04:39

Mindsweeper wrote:Maybe they just don't have the time/energy to write and record all those parts. I think eurobeat loses a lot of its character without those big awesome stacks of vocals.

Speed of the night, Mikado!
There just seemed to be more imagination and creativity back when the demand was for monthly releases.

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 02 Jul 2015, 05:31

Those back up vocals have been missing for a long TIME now. They were most effective when on male sung vocals. HRG Attack used it alot. I think Dima's songs could really use some female backup vocals to bring more life onto the songs.

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 03 Jul 2015, 03:23

Another good example! Shouting! Where did the shouting go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtMpwfMDM7o

Fighters! You have to be ready!
Fighters! You have to be crazy
Fighters! You know what I mean?
Fighters! The race is have to start!

Here comes! Here comes the game! SNOWGAME FIGHTERS!

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Jul 2015, 04:22

I could do without SCPs & GGMs kiddi shouting indefinately :P

Calla_Maranatha
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by Calla_Maranatha » 03 Jul 2015, 13:16

drnrg wrote:I could do without SCPs & GGMs kiddi shouting indefinately :P
For me, those kiddie shoutings are fine, but not too much... The only tracks I like with kiddie shoutings are from Kiki & Fancy, especially Pararappa Dance and Go Bananas...
"Like a number one, Eurobeat is magic, love and fun" - Anika

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 14 Jul 2015, 17:53

Also, the vocal structure just isn't as forceful, fast, and aggressive as it use to be. For example, listen to tracks from 1993/1994, & Hi-NRG Attacks tracks from 90s-2000s.

Edo-Dance The Nation comes to mind.

The closest examples I can think of recently are mostly SS tracks. Fire Wire is an excellent vocal arrangement.

And cool intros!

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Post by M2-EB » 14 Jul 2015, 19:27

(I'm sorry for the wall of text… I just need to talk…)
Ooh yes
Somehow, I feel like current eurobeat lacks this and… power. Older works didn't have so many electronic elements or "special effects" - as I can recall - they were completely founded in intricate melodies with simpler instrumentals, vocals were… how can I say that hmm, charming? Everything was a lot more natural… the reason could be that new releases were done in shorter time. I remember something a teacher said to me: the more the better, practice makes perfect (or close). What we have now is just a shadow of that time, labels releasing very little, in the course of months. We also have new producers, vocalists, etc, bringing their own musicality - not exactly eurobeat (in its essence) - which is good. But there's no more struggle to get the better of it, no more rush to make something new and creative, the labels can work at their leisure--I'm not saying they are just doing anything anyway anytime they want! But deadlines are not a problem if we compare with those crazy monthly releases haha.

At last, best eurobeat years for me were the 90's so I stick to them. I don't really mind the actual scene, to be honest, although I do support the labels as I can (now we have direct contact with most producers, something that was not possible 20 years ago) and be sure to send them a lot of love :)

Bonkers
Euroheater

Post by Bonkers » 25 Jul 2015, 04:45

A driving drum beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F6xBJovTb4

Tracks today just don't have that 'chuck''chuck' 'chuck' drum beat.

Another good example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WesjPKtjKYc

WNight
Euroheater

Post by WNight » 25 Jul 2015, 05:32

milachan wrote:(I'm sorry for the wall of text… I just need to talk…)
Ooh yes
Somehow, I feel like current eurobeat lacks this and… power. Older works didn't have so many electronic elements or "special effects" - as I can recall - they were completely founded in intricate melodies with simpler instrumentals, vocals were… how can I say that hmm, charming? Everything was a lot more natural… the reason could be that new releases were done in shorter time. I remember something a teacher said to me: the more the better, practice makes perfect (or close). What we have now is just a shadow of that time, labels releasing very little, in the course of months. We also have new producers, vocalists, etc, bringing their own musicality - not exactly eurobeat (in its essence) - which is good. But there's no more struggle to get the better of it, no more rush to make something new and creative, the labels can work at their leisure--I'm not saying they are just doing anything anyway anytime they want! But deadlines are not a problem if we compare with those crazy monthly releases haha.

At last, best eurobeat years for me were the 90's so I stick to them. I don't really mind the actual scene, to be honest, although I do support the labels as I can (now we have direct contact with most producers, something that was not possible 20 years ago) and be sure to send them a lot of love :)
Hmm, how did I miss this post but 100% agree on this. I still like today's eurobeat but unlike the 90's, none of these will become "classic" eurobeat material like those "good ol'days". There's a charm to the 90's/early 2000s tracks that I can't quite put a finger on and cannot be replicated. The only upside is that we now have technology to contact the producers but me thinks it's 10 years too late. 8)
You and me like a fire tonight
Me and you 2 guardian angels
Now I feel your touch into my heart
A ray of sun~

- Guardian Angels / Oceania

EurothunderNL
Eurobeat Boom

Post by EurothunderNL » 29 Jul 2015, 18:34

There's a charm to the 90's/early 2000s tracks that I can't quite put a finger on and cannot be replicated
Perhaps your are right! On the other hand, people who started listen Eurobeat some years ago will probably think the music from those years is best!

synthjunkie
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by synthjunkie » 01 Aug 2015, 09:22

I want to see more bells in the riffs and better and longer breakdowns in today's Eurobeat. To be able to hear the actual multiple layered beats would be nice as well. Those were things I really miss from the older days. :( Makes me sad they aren't doing that much anymore..