What are your favourites LAURENT NEWFIELD's productions?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
Densetsu13
Eurobeat Master

Post by Densetsu13 » 20 Feb 2006, 18:56

If i had to choose I'd probably have to say Speedy Speed Boy and Don't Say Goodbye. There's really too much to choose from, but those two come out at the top of my mind right now.

Victor
Euro To B

Post by Victor » 21 Feb 2006, 12:32

When I used to look at the listing of a Eurobeat CD and saw a track
was written by L.Gelmetti/S. Dall'Ora and produced by G. Maiolini I always knew that this would be a good track.

I notice that some tracks have been credited C. Moroni/L. Gelmetti on
the Gipsy and Queen album.

One track (Love is a dreamland) is credited C. Moroni/C. Moroni! There must have been a clone involved.

Does Gelmetti ever sing?? Or even do any talking on the songs?

:twisted:

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 21 Feb 2006, 19:06

hollypolly wrote:I know that there is only one version of this song.. Where is the other one??
I have checked the copy of my record but it says that it's produced (as usual) by Newfield & Sinclaire.. But probably is only Sinclair production...
The strange thing is - the 12" had 2 extended versions. One on side A and one on side B. The one on side B was called "original" mix, that much I know for sure. And that very version sounded like Sinclaire songs (Melody - One More Night for example), while the "extended" version sounded like Newfield. I suppose Leonardi did the original, and Gelmetti did the extended.

Maybe I'm just mistaken, but I thought that it was one of the very few tracks composed by Leonard, Moroni and Gelmetti. The other record was "Money Go".

newfield
Bazooka Bellydancer

lay your hands on me

Post by newfield » 21 Feb 2006, 21:31

Avex ppl wanted me to change the synth phrase,that's why I did a new one with better eurobeat feel than the original,they said too much "capella house style".We printed both versions on the vinyl.

we worked together on the first 2 songs: Let me be your baby,Round&round.
Money go! was composed by Him,arranged and mixed by Me.

to oresama:
Candy Taylor - Make a Move, Leslie Parrish - Save Me, Mako - Kiss to Kiss, Kevin Johnson - Promises: my mixes.

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 22 Feb 2006, 02:39

Gah, Fairly interesting. :D

I read somewhere Avex ppl rejected the original "Night of Fire" sung by Edo Arlenghi because of the poor vocal quality, so DELTA ppl had to rerecord the vocals with Maurizio De Jorio. I don't know if it may be true or not, though.
ImageImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 22 Feb 2006, 03:25

8) So there really is an artist named EDO. I thought it was just an Artist name for Gino Caria back at ABeatC.
Then at DELTA there was EDO boys wich I never understood, but then again there is the group Delta Force- fronted by David SRB at ABeatC and the song Delta Force- Cy-Ro(HRG Attack)
All we need now are the Fastway Boys at TIME or the Dave & Co at DELTA. Which could mean Dave Rodgers & Co., David Di Marcantonio & Co. or Dave Simon. & co. :shock:

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Dave

Post by oresama-chan » 22 Feb 2006, 03:57

8) there're already two Dave at Delta.
So Dave & Co. at Delta could mean "Davide Budriesi & Co." or "Davide Gelosa & Co.". :lol:
ImageImageImage

hollypolly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by hollypolly » 22 Feb 2006, 18:11

drnrg wrote:8) So there really is an artist named EDO. I thought it was just an Artist name for Gino Caria back at ABeatC.
Then at DELTA there was EDO boys wich I never understood, but then again there is the group Delta Force- fronted by David SRB at ABeatC and the song Delta Force- Cy-Ro(HRG Attack)
All we need now are the Fastway Boys at TIME or the Dave & Co at DELTA. Which could mean Dave Rodgers & Co., David Di Marcantonio & Co. or Dave Simon. & co. :shock:
Oh!! Probably Edo Boys has been choosen to mean TOKYO Boys. I know that
EDO was the ancient name of Tokyo... Oresama Am I right???

Jayveemon

Post by Jayveemon » 22 Feb 2006, 18:56

Didnt Edoardo Arlenghi sing in Edo Boys? Maybe that has something to with it?

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 22 Feb 2006, 19:19

Did Newfield produce "Gonna Be The One" by Phil & Stan? I love that song!!

Aside from that, I'd have to say Stefy Martin/Stephy Martini owns my soul - Heart's On Fire and Emotions are stunning tracks, I love the piano intros and the slightly retro feel that both songs have! :D

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Post by oresama-chan » 23 Feb 2006, 02:39

Hollypolly, that's right. Tokyo was called Edo until end of 19th century, but now that I know Edoardo did vocals for Edo Boys as Jayveemon said, I'm of his mind.

the_ditz, Gonna Be The One is Luca Pernici's product. 8)
ImageImageImage

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 23 Feb 2006, 03:56

8) I never knew that about EDO. Very interesting, though it would sound cooler to be called Tokyo Boys :D 8)

Gonna Be The One. Last Phil & Stan trac ever. Though we did hear Luigi again on Tokyo Lights- Phil Jones. Laurent said the artist name was a minor joke. :) and Some other trax. Who knows I forget.

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Post by jeurobeat » 23 Feb 2006, 06:03

Wasn't Edo Boys just a project with the vocals of Fernando?

oresama-chan
Eurohero

Edo Boys

Post by oresama-chan » 23 Feb 2006, 06:35

This topic may help you out.
Edo Boys Question
ImageImageImage

jeurobeat
God of Romance

Re: Edo Boys

Post by jeurobeat » 24 Feb 2006, 16:36

oresama-chan wrote:This topic may help you out.
Edo Boys Question
Okay, thanks! That lightens up some things :)

By the way, Gonna Be The One sounds like a typical Pernici song, but it was credited to L.Pernici and S.Dall'Ora.