Anybody sick of Night of Fire?

Everything that is eurobeat can be discussed here.
pika2000
Bad Bad Bad

Anybody sick of Night of Fire?

Post by pika2000 » 02 Sep 2006, 22:22

It's a good and catchy song. However, it seems to be so much overrated that it downplays other great Eurobeat songs. Plus, it appears almost everywhere: Initial D, para para, Disney, any coundown/request compilation. Not only that, it was covered into Japanese 2 times! 1st by dream, 2nd by Hinoi Team. I liked the song, but now I'm just sick of it.

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 02 Sep 2006, 23:01

Even though I make fun of the song a lot, I still quite enjoy it. It's probably one of the only overplayed song I can still enjoy like it's my first time hearing it. Though, I dispise the japanese covers of it (especially Hinoi's version.)

Shawaazu
Master of Time

Post by Shawaazu » 03 Sep 2006, 02:32

I absolutely love the New Generation remix of it :D

From the pitching up (and down) of the voices to the strange yet funny sampling of SMACK MY BITCH UP / THE PRODIGY. It's so great :lol:

drnrg
Eurobeat Guru

Post by drnrg » 03 Sep 2006, 08:23

When it first came out, I was not dead on krazy for it like most fans. I was more into the songs from Mako and Kevin Johnson, but now that I hear it once in a while, it rather gives me a greater appreciation for the production of the song and Niko's vocals. It is my favorite Niko song next to "SuperBad" :D

Nine
Mr. Domino

Post by Nine » 03 Sep 2006, 10:28

I especially like Night of Fire because a lot of people know it, or have heard it somewhere-sometime, even if they haven't the slightest clue of what Eurobeat is. That thing alone is a huge accomplishment in my mind.

In August I went to an anime convention, the first one I've been to in a good 1 1/2 years. At around 12pm on Sunday I was walking a few miles out from the concert hall where a dance was being held to go to the townhouses to attend a party. As I was walking, I started to hear something familiar. So, I stopped to listen, and what I was hearing was Night of Fire in the distance from the dance they were holding in that concert hall. When I realized what it was, I just stood there for a moment and muttered "...omg." haha.

Jay
God of Romance

Post by Jay » 03 Sep 2006, 12:49

I still love Night Of Fire. I've never been a huge fan of it, but I've been listening to it more lately than I have before. The production is great despite being overplayed.

Cosmic_Bard
Eurobeat Master

Post by Cosmic_Bard » 03 Sep 2006, 16:16

Like Shawaazu mentionned, I think the new generation mix is better. Every once in awhile, I listen to the original again, but having already heard it hundreds upon hundreds of times, it's starting to wear a bit thin.

Still, if any song exemplifies eurobeat to the world, it would have to be Night of Fire.
Be the sound you feel inside your voice!

Save Your Voice to Sing a Song - Brian Ice

the_ditz
Euroheater

Post by the_ditz » 03 Sep 2006, 16:25

I'm sick of it yeah. And although it does provide sort of a bridge between the Eurobeat community and the wider world (if non-Eurobeat fans have heard of only one song, it's prob Night of Fire), I really do think it's time that these people also realised that Eurobeat nowadays doesn't sound as dated as that...

pika2000
Bad Bad Bad

Post by pika2000 » 04 Sep 2006, 02:49

I don't like the remix at all. IMO the original is better. Hinoi Team's cover is bad because they have that annoying Koriki.

It's much more than "overplayed." On any SEB compilation/request countdown/anniversary/whatever compilation, Night of Fire is there. I mean give me a break. There are plenty of excellent newer eurobeat tracks out there, but if people only hear Night of Fire, they would think that eurobeat is just that.

Sadie
Mega NRG Girl

Post by Sadie » 04 Sep 2006, 04:21

Cosmic_Bard wrote:Like Shawaazu mentioned, I think the new generation mix is better. Every once in awhile, I listen to the original again, but having already heard it hundreds upon hundreds of times, it's starting to wear a bit thin.
I agree with both of you, I like the New Generation Remix a lot too.

I wouldn't expect many songs in Eurobeat to achieve as much 'fame' as the given song.

It is overplayed, no doubting that, but "Nights Of Fire" is a good song.

The versions on any given Anniversary album (Countdown) are going to be remixes [generally] by one of the mixers (aka, B4 ZA Beat, New Generation, Y & Co. etc).
Energy :: Mega NRG Man Fansite

Vadim
Eurobeat Scholar

Post by Vadim » 04 Sep 2006, 16:56

I think that the song deserves the success it achived.Personally,
I like it about the same as another tune by Bratt, *Max power*.
What makes Sinclaire's output for SEB essential,among other things,
is the enduring quality of his songs. Bratt never wrote a single boring song,ever. If u like his tune,you will still like it in 3 years. I often find myself getting tired of tunes by other SEB writers after a while,even
if I liked their tunes in the beginning. This style was done to death,it needs more freshness in melodies,not a raise in cheeply arranged
techno noises.Bratt still has strong reserves,he isn't spent like other
SEB writer crowd,he can still surprize us. It's tragic that Bratt had so
few of female voice tunes on 160-s. I ám really not motivated
to buy those without such Sinclaire material.

hollypolly
Eurobeat Fan

Post by hollypolly » 09 Sep 2006, 20:11

Never tired of NOF!
Sinclaire made one of my fav eb song..
I personally don't like covers.. Hinoi team and Dream have made two different covers of this song.. But I still prefer the original.

zoupzuop2
Euroheater

Post by zoupzuop2 » 05 Nov 2006, 23:41

Ahh, Night of Fire. I'm not even that deep into Eurobeat and I know just how overdone the song is. :D

If you ask me, it's a touch overplayed, but I don't mind it from time to time. Just listen to a bunch'a other stuff before and after it.
Actually, I liked the Hinoi team's vocal work on their cover. Didn't like whatever-his-name-was in it, though, at least, not musically. In the video he was sort'a funny, I guess.

Wataru Akiyama
Eurobeat Master

Post by Wataru Akiyama » 06 Nov 2006, 01:28

I expect Like A Fire by Mark Foster to be the new Night Of Fire in the next season of Initial D. :)