The road to Super Eurobeat 250....

Eurobeat-Prime News & Comments
Bore
Founder

The road to Super Eurobeat 250....

Post by Bore » 15 Dec 2017, 17:45

So as most of the people have possibly heard from one or more sources. Avex has been letting us in on the news that 250 shall be the end of the longlasting series. These sad news are definitely not the kind of christmas present we wanted to hear from Avex, but alas it seems one era is coming to a closure next year. The remaining albums before 250 will not have new material, so sadly it seems 246 shall be the last album to feature new music.
What the future brings for the genre is a mystery. Hopefully the labels will find a new outlet to keep being productive, but at this point all we can do is be thankful for the masterminds producing this awesome music for decades. Eurobeat-Prime thanks all of the artists for their devotion to making the fans happy. Let's hope this is not the end of eurobeat.

M2-EB
Eurobeat Master

Re: The road to Super Eurobeat 250....

Post by M2-EB » 16 Dec 2017, 17:19

Still waiting for an official statement by Avex, if there will be any… I really hope they won't leave us in the dark, it's such important news :(

DJ Mike
Bazooka Bellydancer

Post by DJ Mike » 30 Apr 2018, 08:26

Can't say I'm surprised by this news - that Eurobeat as a genre lasted as long as it did in Japan was an amazing feat, but all things fade eventually. I'll be forever grateful for having this super-energised genre be part of my life. And goodness knows there's an absolute ton of back catalogue to enjoy for many years to come! :)

NPC
Euro To B

Post by NPC » 15 Jul 2018, 09:08

All good things must come to an end, but... the spirit of the genre will never die. Ten years on I'm still discovering some great tracks in what portion of the catalog I have access to.

Times like these I really appreciate all the cataloging and reviewing you've done. Legendary.